• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Murphy's Law

• timm525

Eingefügtes Bild

This is perhaps one of the top rare items that I have. It's the COMPLETE, mint elaborate invite to the LUCASFILM company first private screening of EPISODE 1 THE PHANTOM MENACE for it's employees! It looks like a royal invitation, and is closed up when folded, and has a removeable seal which is wrapped around it, but can be slid off. Inside, an inscription reads that Queen Amadala is inviting you to see this film. It was a private screening for two, and it even has elaborate tickets!This is incredibly rare to be not only mint, but complete WITH the tickets! It's unused! This is the most sought after crew item for collectors when it comes to Episode 1 items. It's unheard of.

Wow! That is a beautiful invitation. I wonder who didn't go?!?

I know I didn't. :)

• 2 months later...
Eingefügtes BildAlthough all that I've shown so far is not the extent of my collection of STAR WARS Cast and Crew items (I have much more), I just reciently aquired a rare and expensive brass paperweight for the cast and crew from the film RETURN OF THE JEDI.This was made before the name change, and reads, "REVENGE" OF THE JEDI.Since 1983, this was always extremely high on my wants list.It was either too hard to find, or too expensive.There is one listed for sale right now for $1,595.00 + $9.95 shipping.I now own all the paperweights (6) made for all three orginal Star Wars films. Together, my paperweights are valued at somewhere between $6,000.00 -$7,000.00!! As a rare grouping, it could go higher.I'm a happy man!Eingefügtes Bild

Hey, If I can sell all my collectibles, (star wars crew items, WWII leather flight jackets etc. ) and or a car or two, I could have just about enough for a Mcburnie Coachcraft FERRARI DAYTONA SPIDER!Does anyone want to buy all my STAR WARS ILM cast and crew items lot?Seriously, I'd sell the whole thing to you, but I won't part it out. You'd get everything shown on these pages, plus much, much more. They will only go up in value. It never loses it's value.Many of my crew items are worth more than those in other collections, as not only are they mint, but they have the rare boxes they came in, which might actually be rarer than the item itself! Most of boxes were discarded by other collectors, so my collection is worth more. If your seriously interested, please contact me.

... I could have just about enough for a Mcburnie Coachcraft FERRARI DAYTONA SPIDER!

Seriously - Coop, I would think about getting the Testrossa instead, so that you will get the quality Italian craftsmanship that comes with it. It may just be me, but I'm not going to trust anything built on a Corvette body and frame. The Italians will always win the quality contest, or should I say no contest.No American built car could compete.OK - So my Italian heritage will make me a little biased. But I believe it to be true.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!Remember, I do own a classic Italian Sports car. ;)However, I can't afford a real Testarossa. And if I did splurge and get it, I don't want to pay for the regular maintenence on it. It is EXTREMELY expensive to maintain.I'd STILL get the replica Daytona. Any Chevy dealer would work on it for a extreme fraction of what a Testarossa would cost.Plus, no daytona, ....no rides with the top down.Anybody want to buy my STAR WARS CREW collection?

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool. Just that it says "Revenge" and not "Return" would make it more valuable.Great find! :clap:

Actually there were a few things that had REVENGE on them, and not RETURN, such as crew patches (which I own), stickers (also own them), halloween costumes, action figures, posters etc. They were made before Lucas decided that the Jedi don't get Revenge, they Return.I think this is the most valueable REVENGE item, even more so than the poster.