• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Stinger390X

• Fresh Prince

• genius

STINGER390-X, is this the same model boat that you have, or is yours slightly different. If so, how?

Sure thing Coop, it is definitely, however......The pics posted here are of a 1984 model I beleive as some of the colours of the interior, both cabin and cockpit were not avaiable on my 1985 brochure?Mine is grey inside and more suttle colours on the cockpit seating and sun deck.see: http://www.miami-vice.ws/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=96 for full details of the two.Also, at that link, look at the last pic with Don Johnson driving towards the camera. Note the stripes on the upper deck are the same as my boat, and the upper deck pattern is different on this boat in this thread???

That is a factory original "Motorola Radio with a Motorola Cassette deck. you can tell these boats were built in the states as they used only "American made". Motorola is out of Chicago, but not really known for their stereo equipment, as they are mainly a transciever manufacturer and service the Land Mobile Radio Service such as fire and police etc. Real naustalgic radios though......I have the same thing on my boat but I have since removed the tape deck and replaced the hole with a modern stereo system that accepts usb and mp3 etc. I kept the old original analogue rig in ther top section for posterity although it is not functional, but it looks so cool!

• 9 months later...