Winterhaven Hotel - Sept 09

CarolineUK

I'm flying out to Miami in September and as a special treat, I have booked a room at the Winterhaven. It appeared briefly in one of my favourite episodes - No Exit. Needless to say, I'll be getting lots of pix of the hotel and of neighbouring South Beach MV locations. I am now counting the days ....Happy 4th of July to everyone across the pond.Sue x

That's great Sue. Don't forget to let us know the dates by PM if you like. I might be in town and DanJ always likes to show Vicers around if he is not busy.

Timm - I've got a new camera since I last visited the city two years ago so I'll be snapping everything. I'll probably be up at dawn thanks to jetlag so I may get some atmospheric shots. I'll post the best ones on the site.Sue x

Winterhaven Hotel-Sept 9Have a great time, Sue. Staying in Miami and "recreating" some of scenes from the show was a terrific experience. Can't wait to see your pics. MJ

I'm going to have to do some homework before I go! (any excuse to watch DJ, I know lol). With the wealth of the information on this site, I'll be able to find iconic MV locations with ease. I've just got five series now to re-watch to refresh my memory.Sue x

The Winterhaven is a nice hotel - Ive stayed there a few times - a piece of MV history with "Bushido" & "Asian Cut" from Season 5 filmed a scene also.

I can't wait for the day I get to do this myself' date=' bet you're well excited :)[/quote']Oh yes! It's certainly been worth saving for.Sue x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is Miami the only city you are visiting while in the states? Of course' date=' for Vicers, it is the ultimate city :thumbsup:.[/quote']I'm staying in Miami before heading down to the Keys for a few days of snorkelling. I believe that I arrive in Miami the day after the 25th anniversary date so it's going to be great seeing the MV locations a quarter of a century on!

Sue,Don't forget to let DanJ and I know the dates, by PM if you like. If DanJ is available his free Vice tours are the greatest and I might be in town.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!Have a great time and yes do indeeed take lots of pictures to post.I have been to Miami (Fort Lauterdale) twice but unfortunately it was on business both times and I had such a hectic tight schedule I didn't have time to sneeze! I was very dissappointed for sure!I even tried to find a beach going north along the coast and it was damn near impossible to find a beach access road! I never did get a chance to swim in the ocean... :(Some day I will return just for me to do my thing..............Have a wonderful vacation and see all the sites.

• 1 month later...

So right about now they are winding down the MV tour. Sigh ... wish I had been there.Was the water warm? Were the drinks cold? Did you bring a scorecard with the names of the players?

So right about now they are winding down the MV tour. Sigh ... wish I had been there.Was the water warm? Were the drinks cold? Did you bring a scorecard with the names of the players?

HiyaYes, you missed a great time. We had a brilliant day yesterday. The sun was shining, the drinks were ice cold, the Cuban food was tasty, the mosquitoes were biting at Jimbo's & the cafecitos were seriously strong. There were four of us - Jim, DanJ (tour guide par excellence), Richie Rich and myself. When I'm back in the UK I'll be posting pics but I'm sure the others will start before me. Now I'm going to have to watch the eps all over again so I can see where we've been (wonderful excuse, eh? lol)Sue

Here are a few shots from our tour on Friday. We visited the Winterhaven, Sexworld, Gina's Apt., Dodge Island, the Courthouse, Evan Garage, the Cape Florida Lighthouse, No Name Harbour(the Big Thaw), Jimbo's, the Pink House, and a few other filming sites. Numerous other filming locations were pointed out on the route. We even found a previously unidentified LMD filming location. Had a great time as Sue mentioned above. Dan should start a tour service, as has been mentioned before. The others took more pics which should be posted later.Eingefügtes BildDan speaks to a local at Jimbo'sEingefügtes BildRichie, Sue, Jim, and Dan at the Cape Florida Lighthouse.Eingefügtes BildRichie and Sue sit where C&T sat at the Evan Garage.Eingefügtes BildThe Evan Garage today. No longer a gas station.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just getting over the jetlag now I'm back in the much-colder UK.I'd just like to say a big thank you to the guys for making me feel so welcome & taking me around the locations. I had a great day and I loved being part of searching for those LMD locations. Hope I can join in on some more another time (when savings allow lol).Meanwhile I've started to sort out some of my pictures. Eventually I'll resize them and add notes & post them on here ... but if anyone wants to see part of my collection of Miami and the Keys, the link is here. Enjoy! Suehttp://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/

Yes, it's fabulous. I can understand why if Crockett had to leave Miami then he would head south to the Keys ... both areas are lovely.

Same here, Rich - it was good to meet you in person too ... and when I've saved up again, we must sink some mojitos at Mojitos and go looking for some more locations!