Which Episode & why do you watch over & over?

Tony D.

I've always been the season 1 and 2 fan so it will come as no surprise that season 1 episodesare my favorites. Music, atmosphere, fashion, locations all in their prime, best and coolest!I also noticed that I much prefer the episodes with 'strong Tubbs' to the ones where it's allabout Crockett, I think it's just better that way :)Here's my 5 favorites; it was a tough choice.Miami Vice - 1x11 - Little PrinceMore or less my life story minus the white, and I didn't even realize it at first, but now I can't get enough of it.Also funny enough, I've never been the one to be 'babe spotting' on MV, I mean besides Gina there's nogirls that really stick in my mind, but I like Mary here, she had that something about her.Miami Vice - 1x07 - No ExitThere's no cooler villain than Bruce Willis! Once you get by the fact that he's a wife beater that is,but after that it's C&T time all the way, cool music and great shooting locations and wardrobe is whatmakes this one my favorite. Great use of the boat and Bruce's dream villa!!Miami Vice - 1x08 - The Great McCarthyMy favorite with this one is again the great mixture of best vice has to offer.Love the soundtrack, fashion is proudly on display, boat racing allover greater Miami, my 2 favorite scenesare where Tubbs discusses the boat race with McCarthy and one where Crockett is playing pool with the man.As some had said already, this episode overall has the 'viceest' feel and look of all the MV episodes.Miami Vice - 1x15 - Smuggler's BluesSurreal shooting locations and modes take you away with this episode.Music and guest star Glenn Frey are amazing and you'd wish he'd stay on for few more episodes.Tubbs again is great with his chameleon like ability to delve himself into characters he's pretending to be.And Crockett is all style and dedication here!Miami Vice - 1x22 - LombardIf it wasn't for Bruce Willis, Dennis Farina would surely be my favorite criminal.He's all business but funny at the same time. And in mob sort of way he's a stand up guy too.I can't really say what I like about this episode particularly, must be the depiction of a mob lifestyle.

Good list and reasons Fesh Prince! I also like the Tubbs episodes too. I think we may be a minority! Its just his emotions and anger and loud voice etc. that keeps you interested. Especially in Red Tape! Season 1 is the best, I agree! I'm surprised you didn't choose Brother's Keeper, Milk Run and Evan. Do have a top ten, as in favorite episodes 6-10?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, let me think...The pilot - I suppose there's no need to explain why... :p"Prodigal Son" - because I enjoy Sonny's love affairs so much... :o (And of course for the beauty of it, like good music, etc., but I can say this about most of the episodes.)"By Hooker By Crook", "Nobody Lives Forever", "Theresa", "Love At First Sight", "Like a Hurricane" - pretty much for the same reason..."Evan" - for a good story and music, and for the touching scene when Sonny tells Rico the story of his deep regrets..."Blood and Roses" - for a great music and the dramatic story of Gina's falling with Frank Mosca..."The Cows of October", "Jack of All Trades" - just for being funny.Burnett trilogy - to enjoy watching Don Johnson as Burnett. He makes such a good bad guy (forgive me for this pun), that it gives me shivers... I can't stop feeling that it's not the same Sonny Crockett, but completely another character.Etc., etc.... LOL There must be many others I just don't remember right on the spot.

It´s very difficult for me to focus on few episodes - about 75 % are strong and wonderful stories.Deffinitely cool are:- Brothers Keeper- Hit List and Calderones Demise- Sons and Lovers- Bushido (and many other season 2 esis)- nearly all season 3 epis- Deliver Us From Devil- Mirror Image- Burnett triology- nearly all season 5

Good list and reasons Fesh Prince! I also like the Tubbs episodes too. I think we may be a minority! Its just his emotions and anger and loud voice etc. that keeps you interested. Especially in Red Tape! Season 1 is the best' date=' I agree! I'm surprised you didn't choose Brother's Keeper, Milk Run and Evan. Do have a top ten, as in favorite episodes 6-10?[/quote']Yeah I mean imho it takes a 'strong Tubbs' to bring the best out of Crockett, it's also like when Tubbs does something well it sorta brings out not only companionship but also bit of rivalry between the two and it keeps things interesting. It's great seeing Tubbs cheer himself, it's like watching an underdog win if you know what I mean. If the episode is clearly dominated by Crockett like some in S2 where he literally tells Tubbs what to do, then it completely loses it's charm. Crockett is and looks cool, but it takes Tubbs to bring out the edge, something more.Out of 3 you named, yes I love those too, especially Brother's Keeper and In The Air Tonight scene etc., perhaps ironically the only reason why I don't watch this ep. as much as the others it's because of it's length. But I do love it. Like the scene where they're having lunch with Izzy, classic!Milk Run is great and I do like it, it's a real wake up call, but them 2 youths are annoying rather than cool, I mean they can't compare to such characters as Lombard, McCarthy or Amato of course. Hence the reason it's not in my top 5.And Evan, well as visually as it is cool, and I do like the gas station scene as everyone else, I find Evan freaky, I mean he's too freaky to be true, kinda crazy. I guess I'd list it #7 on my list with Brother's Keeper on #6, I also like Glades for all it's difference to usual MV style so I'd put that at #8, and the 2 Calderone series as 9 and 10. I guess Milk Run would be 11 then.Heck I just like them all equally he he But with good Tubbs not pansy one.

Milk Run. For me one of the definitve Vice eps. Maybe THE definitive' date=' at least in my eyes.Freefall is up there, too.[/quote']Love the scenes in the rain at night and the snipers on the roof. Airport scene added the usual humor...

I love all episodes of Miami Vice. Each season & episode has something about it that I love. Whether it is the storyline, the music being used, the scenery etc....But the episode that I most love, and do watch over & over again is "Child's Play" in Season 4. Although it is disturbing to see a child get shot & almost killed.But what I love the most about this episode, is what shooting this child does to Sonny. I love Sonny/Don Johnson as you all have probably noticed. But his acting in this one particular episode had me crying from the moment he shot the child, till the last scene where he is sitting with his son in the car.Sonny's character was always strong willed. But in this episode, a side of him as a father comes into play. And that side was rarely shown, but only a few times. The way he was disturbed about having shot this child. The way he just took on caring for this child's medical needs, trying to get blood for him, a gift from the Dolphins. Sitting at his bedside day in day out. How he fought for him, give him the voice that the child didn't have.And how it made him realize that he had his own son that he had been sort of neglecting. Even though Caroline had moved him away. And that he had just been making up excuses, like not wanting to be close to his son because he was worried about how all this, his life, would affect him. It just broke my heart when Billy told Sonny, "So I don't get to see you because your worried about me?", as if he didn't believe his father. Almost saying, without the use of words, there is no excuse for not wanting to see or be with your son whom you say you love.I could go on & on, but won't. But "Child's Play" is definitely my favorite episode.

Oh yes, this episode must be one of those I forgot to name, LOL. I don't really watch it over and over, but it is also one of my favourites. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

definitely miami:...the final scenes, when crockett ('burnett') meets with charlie...and "cry" starts playing...man, that would be enough...but with the opening scene, and "angry young man"...and crockett's encounter with calli poolside ("europa"), there's more reason to watch this episode again and again and again! :) one of the definitive episodes.evan:...the whole episode is just quality...with very real emotion and regret, drama and danger. crockett's very evident animosity towards evan risks jeopardizing their deal with guzman. and tubbs' relationship with his partner also hangs in the balance as a result of crockett's and evan's history together. with peter gabriel's "rhythm of the heat" and "biko" to set the mood, this episode's just a pleasure from start to finish.the pilot episode:...where it all began. like with definitely miami from season 2, one scene would be enough for me to watch this over and over and over again, and it's the post title credits scene when crockett is revealed for the first time and says, "5,000 street corners in greater miami, and gumby here's gotta pick ours." classic! but you know what, there's more!!! the scene on the bridge when crockett and tubbs are formally introduced to one another...and later on when they rendezvous with trini de soto ("..cross between tito puente and carol channing")...:) fun and fabulous! oh, and much later...yeah, you know which scene..."i gotta know something caroline..." - "in the air tonight" - 'nuff said. :)there are many more....and i'll definitely add them later!

• 5 months later...

Evan should be turned into a stage play and performed around the country like Shakespeare, Streetcar Named Desire, or one of the other classic dramas.:cry:Made For Each Other, on the other hand, gave you a break and let you see the lighter side of the Miami Vice world.:D

• 4 months later...

EvanProdigal SonBrother's KeeperShadow in the DarkGladesLittle PrinceLittle Miss DangerousCool RunninGolden Triangle pt. 2Out Where Buses Don't RunThe Burnett SagaThe Milk Run

I completed my first run through the DVD sets only recently. Yet I seem to have watched The Great McCarthy four times now. Perfect episode, could never get sick of it. The music is just so incredible.