VICE FAN LETTER ENVELOPE!

COOPER&BURNETT

I'd like to send my letter to Santa, I mean Don Johnson, & ask him to do a Miami Vice sequel. It would be a great C-mas present for many of us! :xmas::thumbsup:

Here's a vintage envelope addressed to DON JOHNSON!

Very funny. Well, at least they made an effort to get the letter to the right place. I guess that forwarding address must be the Miami NBC affiliate. Do you know what happened to the letter? Did it make it to the Miami studio used for the filming, which would be a different address than the printed forwarding address?

Eingefügtes BildHere's a vintage envelope addressed to DON JOHNSON!

The reason that those of us in the U.S. think it looks like a christmas envelope is because you may not be familiar with foreign mail.This envelope was sent from KENT, ENGLAND.

• Administrators

Look at the price of the stamp too. Not bad for having to go around the world. I wonder what the cost of that would be today from there.Shill, mail me a letter from England and let me know how much it costs you to mail it to me here in Florida! :D

I can't make out the year the letter was sent. I'm not sure when England got the series on the BBC. I think it was much later than when it was originally broadcast in the U.S..It could be late 80s.

That thing is a classic all on it's own Coop!Kids today have absolutely no idea what it is like to actually write a letter with a pen, sign it, stamp it and actually wait........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................until it is delivered, read and replied to and an answer sent back.I remember When I was in Europe when I was a kid, I was stupid in love, and wrote my girlfriend every single day with that light airmail type paper. I sent a letter every single day telling her about my escapades and when I got home to Canada the letters still kept coming for yet another week!The generation of email, MSN and texting has almost obliterated what was once a great form of communication. kids today cantspelliether and they always use i instead of "I" for a noun. the short forms kill me too. u know what I mean? and the run on sentaences and horrid spleling is also quite annyonign................The world definitely got smaller

• Administrators

Must play hell with spell check!It would be funny to see them write a letter or memo to their boss once they enter corporate America.

Must play hell with spell check!It would be funny to see them write a letter or memo to their boss once they enter corporate America.

THAT's what I'm fearing. A generation of illiterates.

• Administrators

Well I'm investing in hearing aids for these kids that listen to RAP music with the bass turned up so high your own car rattles 4 blocks away.How long will it be before they have permanent hearing damage? :radio:

Don't blame me on the stupid talk everyone uses these days, I type like a normal person! Fast! I hate the new language that's evolved, and I'm doing my best to stay out of it! It's gonna be even worse when we get our school laptops... teachers won't understand what's being handed in - or worse - emailed!