DUCKS TRAPPED ON MY DECK! (PHOTOS!)

COOPER&BURNETT

Eingefügtes BildI feed ducks from the lake by opening a sliding door, and throwing bread out into the water. Lately, I fed them a lot of food, but today I ran out.They wanted to eat! I had nothing to offer. Boldly, they got onto my padio by the deck.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Stinger390X

• timm525

• Pandina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eingefügtes BildI started to go outside, and they paniced!They started running around looking how to get out. They didn't want to get thru the bars like the did originally!

Eingefügtes BildThey started flapping thier wings, and bumping into one another. They looked like the three stooges trying to get thru one opening in the railing all at one time! :D

Why didn't they just FLY out???? :confused: :)I know they can fly. I've seen them do it.:confused::confused::confused:

So that's where they went?????I have lots of single females here at the marina begging for bread crumbs but no Mallards!?! I wondered where all the malles went?Whatever you do don't feed them or they will excrete all over your nice plants and patio. Make sure you ask for a passport too as those ducks look very Canadian to me? :confused:

So that's where they went?????I have lots of single females here at the marina begging for bread crumbs but no Mallards!?! I wondered where all the malles went?Whatever you do don't feed them or they will excrete all over your nice plants and patio. Make sure you ask for a passport too as those ducks look very Canadian to me? :confused:

They DID poop on my deck! (if you look hard, you can see it in the photos :p)The lake has TONS of different type of ducks. These were larger than true Mallards.

It's bizzare here??? There are females and lots of little baby ducks, but I haven't seen a Mallard in weeks? (probably since the end of May or early June?) I think they flew south early or are on vacation???It just seems weird for mother nature to do this?

Male ducks loose interest in the ducklings a few weeks after they hatch. They may pair up with the same female again to mate.Some of the mallards that look like females when they are young, are actually imature males, and have not yet got thier distinctive green head feathers which they will get when they grow older.

What about that big pizza you showed us earlier? I'd bet they would have loved a slice! :)

Not....gonna.....happen.

So' date=' did they finally fly out of their trap on their own overnight?[/quote']They eventually sqeezed thru the rail openings on their own. They were paniced, and tried to get through with thier wings open, and usually all at the same time thru the same railing opening.I don't think ducks are too bright.I tried to find out how smart ducks are on the internet, but couldn't find it.

Squirrels first and now the ducks. You really don't know how to behave with animals, do you? I've posted pictures of ducks that picked my pocket before.And I assure you, I CAN behave like an animal. ;)

I've posted pictures of ducks that picked my pocket before.
SURE!!! Now I remember!
And I assure you' date=' I CAN behave like an animal. ;)[/quote']I don't want to know. I'm already considered endangered species!

Maybe they were Vicer Ducks ...Looking for their Grand Overlord. They were so excited upon finding him, they then forgot how to fly. Unfortunately, their Grand Overlord did not realize that they just wanted to come inside to check out the World's Most Amazing Collection of Miami Vice Stuff. :dance2:

"And I assure you' date=' I CAN behave like an animal."I don't want to know. I'm already considered endangered species![/quote']Secretly, you want to know. ;)

Maybe they were Vicer Ducks ...Looking for their Grand Overlord. They were so excited upon finding him' date=' they then forgot how to fly. Unfortunately, their Grand Overlord did not realize that they just wanted to come inside to check out the World's Most Amazing Collection of Miami Vice Stuff. :dance2:[/quote']:):) Maybe. .....maybe!I kept trying to help them out, but they were knocking down my solar lamps (as seen in the photos), and freaking out. Hey! THEY are the ones that came uninvited!I started to reach for them to pick them up to bring them to safety, but they freaked even more! So I just left them there till they calmed down and left on thier own.It's certainly not the first time ducks have been on my porch. But these were the largest.