MIAMI VICE RIP OFF SERIES!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Surprisingly "Charley Hannah" doesn't even appear in the episode guide site I use http://epguides.com/I'm guessing it didn't last very long?Tony, none of these shows will be doing a reunion show and I'm sure the actors would be happy to forget them!

Surprisingly "Charley Hannah" doesn't even appear in the episode guide site I use

They only made the pilot. There wasn't a series.

Sure' date=' we'll be accused of ripping them off, even though we were in pre-production before them.[/quote']Bull. I love how he implies that they would've been the trend setters if they would have made it to air first. I believe that TV movie aired in '86, so how long was their pre-production?! Geez, MV was being worked on in late '83/early '84, right?And The Insiders looks like the most godawful piece of crap ever.Just makes you appreciate MV all the more.

• Administrators

I believe that TV movie aired in '86' date=' so how long was their pre-production?! [/b']Geez, MV was being worked on in late '83/early '84, right?And The Insiders looks like the most godawful piece of crap ever.Just makes you appreciate MV all the more.

That's one heck of a pre-production. I hope they were not paid by the ep.! That would be some broke actors. ;)

Could the show have been in production before MIAMI VICE, the pilot shot, and shelved for a couple years, and then brought out due to the success of MIAMI VICE only to not get picked up? :baby:That could be possible.

Could the show have been in production before MIAMI VICE' date=' the pilot shot, and shelved for a couple years, and then brought out due to the success of MIAMI VICE only to not get picked up? :baby:That could be possible.[/quote']As a famous MV quote says... interesting perspective!"... the pilot shot..." they should have shot the costume designer + the hairstylist of both The Insiders and Hollywood Beat.

• 10 months later...

Here's a mention about the "rip off" series by BRANDON TARTIKOFF, and how a few misplaced words hurt the co-stars feelings. This article is courtesy of my legendary huge Miami Vice Scrapbook.Eingefügtes Bild

Geez, talk about F00T in MOUTH.Did he really think that would go over well with ELO, Olivia Brown, Sandra Santiago, John Diehl and Michael Talbott?:rolleyes:

Geez' date=' talk about F00T in MOUTH.Did he really think that would go over well with ELO, Olivia Brown, Sandra Santiago, John Diehl and Michael Talbott?:rolleyes:[/quote'] When Diehl decided to leave the show in Season 3, I'm sure Tartikoff began to realize the effects of his harsh words. The others, too, since Gina and Trudy were given less and less to do with each subsequent season.