Michael Mann is a douche bag- Story inside

DJWannaB

Michael Mann(among many others) has signed a petition to support the release of Roman Polanski who was just recently arrested.This guy is famous for drugging and raping a 13 year old in 1978 and left the US avoiding arrest. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6853701.ece"We demand the immediate release of Roman Polanski," it says. Good job Mr Mann!

• Administrators

If the guy wasn't a film maker, would Mann support the release of someone that drugged and raped a 13 year old. There were after all 7 charges this guy was up on. Who can condone that?

Hollywood is on Polanski's side - he's one of their own.Hollywood has lots of "IOUs" over at the White House, after all, all those Bruce Springsteen concerts were not free, but came with "markers" that could be called in later, on behalf of a fellow "artist". Obama & Holder are out of the loop on this one. Hollywood holds the cards, and they are coming up aces for them, and they want Polanski released. Obama can't just ignore that. I'm not saying Hollywood has it easy, as Polanski has already plead guilty:Eingefügtes Bild

I believe HARRISON FORD had personally delivered an award to him because he couldn't be there to accept it.Like Richie said, HOLLYWOOD supports thier friend, but for the most part, HOLLYWOOD does NOT think the way I do.It's pretty sick if you think about it. I like Michael Mann's films.....but NOT his politics.Eingefügtes BildTHANK YOU FRANCE for once again not being there for us.

If the guy wasn't a film maker' date=' would Mann support the release of someone that drugged and raped a 13 year old.[/quote']I'm in favor of punishing Polanski, but have you considered the fact that the victim herself has publicly appealed for Polanski to be let off the hook?

I understand what your saying airtommy.However, the D.A. is pressing the charges, not her. It's out of her hands at this point.He drugged, and raped a 13 year old child, and fled the charges and punishment.The law is the law.

AT - That is true. But she doesn't get to call the shots. He plead guilty, so now a judge and jury gets to decide his sentence. If we were Californians, that could be you or I. It is also fair for the victim's plea for forgiveness to be considered.

Great picture coop! I never would have thought I would have to post an angry thread like this on .ws but Hell has frozen over appearently.

Just when I was feeling good about Mann again. Public Enemies was very enjoyable, and I felt he was back as a filmmaker. That's exactly where he should stay - as a filmmaker, and not as an amateur California sentencing guidelines commentator. Sorry, MM, you don't get to decide. California law decides this one. Of course, the "Springsteen - Obama Campaign Concert IOU Rule" may come into play, and Polanski will be going home to France. Justice?

Did the movie "The Godfather" hint at the phenomenon of Hollywood directors taking advantage of underage starlets, when the young girl is at the producers house during dinner (shortly before the producer finds the horse's head in his bed)? I always thought that was what that little scene meant, but I didn't read the book.Of course, this case is worse than that since it wasn't consensual statutory rape, but actual forcible rape.

Of course' date=' this case is worse than that since it wasn't consensual statutory rape, but actual forcible rape.[/quote']Thats what makes the support for him so troubling. She said no..

Mann is a douchebag, although don't go thinking that California is doing this for justice, they could have grabbed him earlier beacuse this wasn't the first time he visited Switzerland, has anybody noticed how broke California is and how rich polanski is? Get the picture?At first, I though this was a bit rediculous, getting him this late, I loved The Fearless Vampire Killers but maybe some punishment is due, but not sdome damn jail sentence, jail is a pure waste for this, he'll just spend his last years getting inteviews with Geraldo like his wife's killer Manson. (The fact we didn't fry the latter is a miscarriage of justice in itself)How would I deal with this? Take his money, castrate him (should be mandatory for rapists) then dropkick him out of a low flying plane back into France. Sorry Polanski, you raped a girl a long time back and it desn't look like you'll be making any good films in the future, could you autograph my DVD before I dropkick you?

The ABC News website has published the account of what happened the night of the crime, fairly graphic, not for children:Roman Polanski: What Did He Do?13-Year-Old Victim's Testimony Tells Story Behind Polanski's Guilty Plea to Unlawful Sexual IntercourseStory here:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/roman-polanski/Story?id=8705958&page=1I can understand people's mixed feelings on this issue, but after reading this article it's hard to have much sympathy. Any average citizen would've done many years of hard time for this crime, so how did Polanski get off easy?