COOPs NORTH COAST VACATION

COOPER&BURNETT

That's my favourite! It may seem weird but there's nothing like a stormy sea to make me feel in peace with the entire world. I like the striking contrast of the grey sea' date=' the cloudy blue sky and the emerald green grass. There are so many places like this in Ireland and the only sounds that can be heard are the seagulls screaming and the waves crashing below the cliffs.[/quote']Problem with stormy sea is that it's usually always very windy which is distracting, or atleast uncomfortable.Me, I like Ibiza sunset, give me Cafe Del Mar any day and I'm a happy boy :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Maria714

• Pandina

• Richie Rich

I like warm, not hot weather, very blue water, and no wind.Looks like we all like different things, yet we all like the ocean. Dark and cloudy has it's charms, and breaks up the monotony of things.

I got pulled over by the Oregon State Police four minutes after crossing the border on the coast.I noticed two other cars that were also pulled over, and both had California licence plates. He stopped me to let me know that when the light turned green at a four way stop, when I turned left, I went wide, and did not drive in the very closest of the two lanes (the closest to the sidewalk). I was trying to get over to the other side of the street, and saw nothing wrong with it. No cars were coming, and I would have had to quickly turn my turn signal on for one second before going into the next lane to get to were I was going. There were no arrows or anything. Never have been pulled over in California for this. Different state law.The officer was way cool, and was very polite. He smiled all the time. They were driving tricked out DODGE CHARGERS! When he approached my car, he let me know that we were being recorded.He let me know that it was against the law to pull into the far lane in Oregon.He checked my licence, insurrance, and registration in his car, returned, and said have a nice day.Perhaps they are checking out of state drivers to see who they are entering Oregon?There were at least five or six police cars in one two mile area.I also learned that you can NOT pump your own gas in Oregon....the gas attendent must do it for you! It's a state law.I couldn't wait to get back to California where I can drive into the far lane, and pump my own gas!

That was a warm welcome to Oregon! Being recorded? Do you mean they record conversations between police and a citizen?

I also learned that you can NOT pump your own gas in Oregon....the gas attendent must do it for you! It's a state law.

I've never been to Oregon but I love it already!!! :happy:How can you not love a state where someone MUST pump gas for you? Where you're not forced to struggle with wrinkled banknotes that won't fit into the slot or calculate the distance between the car and the pump, where you can avoid the gas smell on your hands and most important, not having to wait for another customer to help you out. Oregon... I wanna be your new citizen!

That was a warm welcome to Oregon! Being recorded? Do you mean they record conversations between police and a citizen?I've never been to Oregon but I love it already!!! :happy:How can you not love a state where someone MUST pump gas for you? Where you're not forced to struggle with wrinkled banknotes that won't fit into the slot or calculate the distance between the car and the pump' date=' where you can avoid the gas smell on your hands and most important, not having to wait for another customer to help you out. Oregon... I wanna be your new citizen![/quote']I'm guessing he had a microphone, and a dash camera in the car in case there is trouble, the officer can back up the story.I guess I like pumping my own fuel because I don't have to wait while someone pumps fuel for someone else, or makes small talk with them. I want to get in, and out. I like cleaning my windshield the way I want to without it being messy, and water dripping all over the car. I'm particular when it comes to my car. In oregon, even gas stations close early. What does one do when at night you are low on fuel, and there is no automated system built in to let you swipe your card and get fuel by yourself. Some of the attendants were gone for the evening! Nobody to pump your fuel! Your screwed!!What I DO like about Oregon is the beautiful state, and ocean views, lots of rivers, lakes, and not very populated (unlike California).They also don't have sales tax!

I may have a few more photos' date=' but all in all, there isn't anything left too interesting.[/quote']....unless you want to see more "headless" photos that is. :)