What did Crockett do on his days off?

SonnyBurnett85

It was never really shown on the show but I was thinking about what Crockett did on his days off from OCB. He probrobly went fishing, or took the St.Vitus out sailing. I wanted to know what everyone else thinks.

I think he fished a lot, did some boating, caught up on his sleep since he was often up for days at a time it seemed, and played with Elvis. :D

It was never really shown on the show but I was thinking about what Crockett did on his days off from OCB. He probrobly went fishing' date=' or took the St.Vitus out sailing. I wanted to know what everyone else thinks.[/quote']In the episode, NOBODY LIVES FOREVER, Crockett says he really can't remember when the last time he was really off the job.My guess, is he'd do some "sanity maintenance" fishing, have a couple drinks, and later, he'd leisurely look into some case files on his own time, and his own pace.

• Administrators

He probably did everything mentioned above so far. Thankfully they never showed any of it or Vice would've turned into a soap opera!

Ride around in the Ferrari looking moody with Elvis in the back seat with the top down (season 1 and 2 only), stock up on crumb doughnuts, lots of sanity maintenance fishing as mentioned above, and probably lots of sleep.

What Sonny did on one of his days off.In one episode. "Buddies" when Crockett arrives at the crime scene. Tubbs says "what are you doing here I thought you were off?" Crockett replies "when does that matter?" Tubbs later on asks how the fishing was. Crockett replies rainy - inferring that he had gone fishing but the weather wasn't very good, and got called away from it with the Morty Price murder.In first season "Nobody Lives Forever" besides going on a sail with Brenda, we see him talking to Gina in "Cool Running" about going sailing down to the Keys.In Fifth season "The Cell Within" we see Crockett leave for some fishing with Billy after he promised Billy he'd go fishing with him if he behaves for Caroline and Bob. (To Have and to Hold) So we get some clues from what is said in various episodes. He also probably did some reading in his off days just to unwind. we did see him reading a book wile waiting for Vasquez in "Cuban Libre"

You really couldnt picture Crockett winding down and relaxing on his Days off! He was a bit too up tight and dedicated to his job! But he did Fish and chill out on his Cigarette boat.:D

You really couldnt picture Crockett winding down and relaxing on his Days off! He was a bit too up tight and dedicated to his job! But he did Fish and chill out on his Cigarette boat.:D

Crocket never owned a "Cigarette Boat" but I agree that a day in the sunshine chillaxin' is a great way to waste the day away whether it's under power or sail!!!Any day on the water is better that work!

Crocket never owned a "Cigarette Boat" but I agree that a day in the sunshine chillaxin' is a great way to waste the day away whether it's under power or sail!!!Any day on the water is better that work!

I KNOW your very sensitive to people calling Crockett's boat a "cigarette". :)Poor guy, I know it bothers you.Just a side note, Stinger390X, I wanted to ask you, in the begining of Smuggler's Blues, Crockett hears a boat motor, and he said it "sounds like a cigarette". Was that boat actually a cigarette boat, or was he just using a generic term for the boat?

• Administrators

Coming from a complete idiot that knows nothing about boats, but isn't the term "Cigarette Boat" a term that is used to describe boats of this nature or am I way off base here? Is that a "brand name" or a generic term? :confused:

Coming from a complete idiot that knows nothing about boats' date=' but isn't the term "Cigarette Boat" a term that is used to describe boats of this nature or am I way off base here? Is that a "brand name" or a generic term? :confused:[/quote']Stinger has told us before that Cigarette is a real make of boat, but it bothers him when people call all off shore racers cigarettes as a generic term. From most peoples perspectives we are not afficionados, and don't know the difference, but as an owner of a Stinger boat, he KNOWS the difference, and it's one of his pet peeves.

• Administrators

OK, one idiot stands corrected for his ignorance. My humble apologies for my misuse of nomenclature and misunderstanding.

What did Crocket do on his days off

In the episode' date=' NOBODY LIVES FOREVER, Crockett says he really can't remember when the last time he was really off the job.My guess, is he'd do some "sanity maintenance" fishing, have a couple drinks, and later, he'd leisurely look into some case files on his own time, and his own pace.[/quote']Yes, this definitely sounds like what he'd do. I don't think he visited Billy which is why his ex was constantly needling him. His son did seem resentful when Sonny finally did get around to it.MJ

Yes' date=' this definitely sounds like what he'd do. I don't think he visited Billy which is why his ex was constantly needling him. His son did seem resentful when Sonny finally did get around to it.MJ[/quote']Maybe you are right about him visiting his son. But in one episode ( I can not remember the name so fast) MV he visited his son because he was upset when he shot a child. That's why I thought he would visits his son in his time of.

No he didnt visit his son , Billy , in his time off from Season 1 - 4 as in "Childs Play" there is mention from Billy and Crockett that they had not seen each other in a very long time.I would think in the Season 4-5 gap Crockett visited Billy more often.:D

I think that Sonny didn´t read many books because Rico ( I think he was well read) sometimes made fun on him because of this. For example in the ep( unfortunately, I don´t remember the title yet)where they had the appointment with the forger. Rico told onny about a complicated way of making forged banknotes. Sonny asked him wherefrom he knew that, and Rico advised him to read a book. Or in "Definitely Miami", when they were waiting for Sergio Clymente´s messager to come. Sonny spoke about "Beckett" while sitting in the very hot sun, and Rico was very amazed that Sonny knew "Beckett".I think that Sonny had a lot of work to do on his boat when he had a day off and he listened to one of his music cassettes. He owned a lot of music cassettes as we could see in "Brother´s Keepers"