What did Crockett do on his days off?

SonnyBurnett85

What did Crocket do on his days off

Maybe you are right about him visiting his son. But in one episode ( I can not remember the name so fast) MV he visited his son because he was upset when he shot a child. That's why I thought he would visits his son in his time of.

No, no...I wasn't saying you were wrong. He did visit Billy occasionally, but not often enough and not unless there was a crisis-at least that's how it was written for the show. He visited when his wife called, frantic about Billy's behavior and then, as you mentioned, after he killed the boy. There was another time (not sure of the episode) when he thanks Castillo for the fishing rod he gave him for his son, and how much Billy loved it, so there's another visit we never see. And then, Billy and Caroline were living in Atlanta and that was a treck. Crockett was wound tight and he had to relax sometime. Driving all the way to Atlanta, with his little amount of free time, just didn't seem realistic to me. After all, one of the reasons Caroline left him was he had no time for family. (along with his drinking, the danger of his job, and maybe womanizing, but that's a whole 'nother another topic for discussion!).

Why I think Sonny does read books.

I think that Sonny didn´t read many books because Rico ( I think he was well read) sometimes made fun on him because of this. For example in the ep( unfortunately' date=' I don´t remember the title yet)where they had the appointment with the forger. Rico told onny about a complicated way of making forged banknotes. Sonny asked him wherefrom he knew that, and Rico advised him to read a book. Or in "Definitely Miami", when they were waiting for Sergio Clymente´s messager to come. Sonny spoke about "Beckett" while sitting in the very hot sun, and Rico was very amazed that Sonny knew "Beckett".I think that Sonny had a lot of work to do on his boat when he had a day off and he listened to one of his music cassettes. He owned a lot of music cassettes as we could see in "Brother´s Keepers"[/quote']I agree about him working on his boat, and listening to Music Casettes, but you point out "Definitely Miami." I think Crockett really does read, maybe secretly because it would ruin his reputation. I think when he mentioned being in a Beckett play, he really did mean Samuel Beckett and made something up off the cuff, after Tubbs looked amazed that he would know about Beckett. This was a paradox about Sonny. He really was kind of sensitive in some things, but he always covered it up with a tough exterior, kind of a hardened shell to protect him from those who might make fun or hurt him. When Tubbs looked amazed that Sonny would know about Beckett, I think it was a reflexive thing to just pretend he didn't know about the Beckett that Tubbs thought he referred to. The fact that Sonny used the right context when he said he had been waiting so long he felt like he was in a Beckett play tells me he knew exactly to what he was referring to, Since Samuel Beckett wrote "Waiting for Godot." Like I said in "Cuban Libre", we saw him relaxing and reading a boat on the St. Vitus cabin while he was waiting for Vasquez to show up. Sonny even while relaxing would always have one eye and ear out for unexpected guests and trouble, but he could probably read a book and do that at the same time. Remember Sonny did go to Universerity of Florida, since he played on their football team. Some his education may have stuck, and reading could have been what did stick when he wasn't otherwise engaged in physical activity. We're not talking about reading about complicated mechanical things like Spectrography and computers, we're talking about literature, or fun stuff to read.

Maybe he had read a book from Samuel Beckett in school, ut that doesn´t mean that he loves reading literature. In fact, I can´t imagine him reading a thriller or something like that. That doesn´t mean that he wasn´t educated. There are many ways to get education, but there were several scenes where we could have a look at Sonny´s rooms at the St. Vitus, but I can´t remember that there were book shelves. But, of course, I don´t want to argue. Maybe, I´ve overlooked the shelves.I could imagine that he had spent many time with friends ( we don´t know) in bars and clubs, drinking, talking, and, secretly, collecting information he could use for his work.

If he read many books on his time off I don't know for sure.But In my opion he had to do something to keep up with all the latest news, developments and opinions etc. Also I have to agree with Christine that he was well educated in combination with the above otherwise he couldn't keep the conversation going with all the different people he met undercover.

I KNOW your very sensitive to people calling Crockett's boat a "cigarette". :)Poor guy' date=' I know it bothers you.Just a side note, Stinger390X, I wanted to ask you, in the begining of Smuggler's Blues, Crockett hears a boat motor, and he said it "sounds like a cigarette". Was that boat actually a cigarette boat, or was he just using a generic term for the boat?[/quote']At the time, Don Aronow (the builder of the "Cigarette" boats) was experimenting with punched out big blocks around the 560 cube with blowers on them. These produced unbelievable horsepower at that time back in the late 80's and yes...they had a very distinctive sound. My friend at the marina had a "Profile" across from my slip. He has a pair of 720's with 871 blowers and when he fires it up, it has a very distinctive sound to it. When I fire my boat up it sounds similar, but has a slightly different tune to it. It's very hard to explain but if you hang around enough with these things, you become "atuned" to the sound.My buddy Stan had a "Fountain" with twin big blocks with 1171 blowers and it makes yet another distinctive hummmmmmm, and boy does it ever sound good!To answer your question..........................Yes, Crocket may have been able to recognise the boat in the dark just by the sound.

I agree about him working on his boat' date=' and listening to Music Casettes, but you point out "Definitely Miami." I think Crockett really does read,... Remember Sonny did go to Universerity of Florida, since he played on their football team.QUOTE']I agree. Rico made fun of Sonny a few times about not being well read. It was a kind of running joke throughout the seasons. Rico was up on just about everything and could carry a conversation on about any topic with any one. I think Rico was a bit more refined then Sonny This is not to say the Sonny did not read on his days off, but the content may have been different. Sonny would be a "Sports Illustrated" guy as Rico would be a "New Yorker" type of guy.That IF...........they read on their days off taking in the sun in a lawn chair???

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cops, especially those who work UC long term, have to spend time maintaining their cover. Crockett spends time with others in the OCB who share the same times off (Tubbs, Gina, Swi, Zito...), probably does a bunch of fishing (gotta keep Elvis fed), and when possible runs the everyday erands we all have to make (Buy groceries, gas up the Testarossa, buy underwear, get more hair products, etc.)

From what I understand about houseboats' date=' Much of his free time would have been eaten up keeping up maintence.[/quote']Crockett mentioned he did have a dock -boy who helped out with maintence, perhaps not all of it, but some of it anyway.

hey !!What about sport during day off ???is Crockett the kind of guy making sport in your opinion ??fab

Crockett did have season tickets to the MIAMI DOLPHINS football games. He seemed to give more away than he ever went, but perhaps he went to a few games.

• 3 months later...

The question on everybody's mind about what Crockett did on his days off is answered.:) As shown in the pic attached....he took up playing guitar & joined an AWESOME Band called MANTRAP!!!!;):DP.S.: Don Johnson has changed so much since his days on "Miami Vice" that he is starting to look a heck of alot like our star DanJ. LOL!!!!:)

post-783-13892963161812_thumb.jpg

The question on everybody's mind about what Crockett did on his days off is answered.:) As shown in the pic attached....he took up playing guitar & joined an AWESOME Band called MANTRAP!!!!;):DP.S.: Don Johnson has changed so much since his days on "Miami Vice" that he is starting to look a heck of alot like our star DanJ. LOL!!!!:)

Dan's the MAN! :clap:P.S., You now have the hottest avitar on this board! :clap::thumbsup::happy:

Go to see his therapist at the gun range, take the ferrari out for a blast late at night, go fisihing with the stinger/scarab and hang out with tubbs and try and pick up a girl or two from a party or a bar.and when something is truly bothering him go back to his family to try an immerse himself in a normal life.

As y'all can see, what Crockett did on his weekend off was go shopping at the same clothing and music stores that I hang at. LOL!Wish y'all could have been there!

I think he went shopping at the stores Coop goes to! ;)

I think he probrably did .. he also prob went running, getting his hair colored as it changed colors from season to season - he seemed a bit too highly strung to just chill out at the pool with a beer . :D

I think he went shopping at the stores Coop goes to! ;)

:):o Perhaps it's the other way around. :)