Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

maynard

Coldest Orange Bowl on Record in MiamiTuesday, January 05, 2010 MIAMI — The Orange Bowl is chilled.Tuesday night's matchup between Iowa and Georgia Tech is the coldest Orange Bowl ever, with the kickoff temperature 49 degrees and a northwest wind making it feel seven degrees cooler.Forecasters at the National Weather Service say wind chills across South Florida will be in the 30s by game's end, part of the region's worst cold snap in a decade. Temperatures across the region have been about 20 degrees colder than normal for several days.The previous Orange Bowl low was 57 degrees, set two years ago for the matchup between Kansas and Virginia Tech.

Al Gore, and man made global warming is a fraud.It takes guts to continue with this global warming crap when we have one of the coldest, worst winters on record in many parts of the planet.I think it's been 7 consecutive years now that there has been a cool down.

England has many feet of snow, the most ever on record, and have nothing to plow it with!!!Blimy!!!!Must be Global warming?????????????????????????????????????

Al Gore' date=' and man made global warming is a fraud.It takes guts to continue with this global warming crap when we have one of the coldest, worst winters on record in many parts of the planet.I think it's been 7 consecutive years now that there has been a cool down.[/quote'] That's why they call it "global climate change" now. :rolleyes::evil::thumbsdown:

• Administrators

Well I'm Global Freezing my patootski off right now! :freeze:

Yeah it must be what...at least 50 degrees down there! :p

It is 43 degrees here in Cape Coral. Absolutely Freezing.:freeze: This is Out-Of-Bounds as Tubbs would say. I want my Summer Heat Back!!!!:cry:

It is 43 degrees here in Cape Coral. Absolutely Freezing.:freeze: This is Out-Of-Bounds as Tubbs would say. I want my Summer Heat Back!!!!:cry:

What's going to happen with the orange farmers?

What's going to happen with the orange farmers?

I don't know Maynard.... But my guess is they will be incredibly busy trying to do whatever they can to save their crops as will all farmers.

I'm on south coast UK, by the sea.We had temperatures of -10! with more to come. 8 inches of snow here which is hughly unusaul on the coast. of course the UK infrastructure can't cope with anything more than an inch of snow, so the whole countrys ground to a halt. Kids love it though, they've had all week off schook cos teachers couldn't be bothered to try & get to school, even though the nurses & staff & my Nursing facility have made it in so the elderly we provide for don't suffer. Go figure!!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Guest neworder

I nearly chocked a minute ago when I saw Saturday's forecast for Orlando, 3C and snow flurries!!!!!!! Utterly ridiculous. If anyone talks to me about rising temperatures and global warming again I'm going to ram a thermometer up their ar*e. Here's the scene in Northern England (pretty much the same as southern england for once)Eingefügtes Bild

In my area, it looks similar as in Britain. Amazingly, there was also snow in Cologne. There, it snows so rarely that many people get big problems with driving because they never use winter tyres. For my area, there´s a blizzard promised for the weekend. In fact, I can´t remember that we ever had a blizzard here. I agree, that´s not global warming, but Ice Age is coming back!

The problem with Brits is not only the weather ... but they drive on the wrong side of the road!!!:confused:How do they plow the streets then?

for the last days we had some damn cold winds here in Sweden coming in from Siberia....last night we had -34 ºC = -29.2 ºF....the dishwasher stopped working since the water feed had frozen!!... we have been carrying wood all day to keep the fireplace going!

This evening they told in German Radio about the cold weather in Florida with all the problems there.....But I hope the weather forcast is right and we get more snow this weekend - it is winter - and i love the snow. Everything is so beautyful than....

Todays paper says global warming "experts" say record cold temps can come and go, but global warming is still here. :rolleyes::)I'm not kidding, a big article about it to dispute everyone's grumling about how it could be this cold if the world is supposedly heating up. DON'T BELIEVE THE MEDIA.You know the truth.(Remember, the slight heating stopped about 7 or 8 years ago, but they won't tell you that.)

Here in the Netherlands it is still very cold. -10 celcius this night Today it wil not be warmer than around -3 celcius. In house it was very cold because the heater didn't work last night :freeze::freeze::freeze: They are afraid they don't have enough salt to make the roads oke to drive. Pfftwo weeks of cold and the whole country is out of control. Makes you wonder how it all worked years ago when we were customs to such winters as this one.

The problem with Brits is not only the weather ... but they drive on the wrong side of the road!!!:confused:How do they plow the streets then?

Now that's funny!

• Administrators

Well, 38* here tonight and got freezing rain and itty bitty ice/snow drops on my truck. :thumbsup:Tomorrow night it is supposed to be colder and more rain which actually might turn into snow if we are really lucky. Won't last but a few seconds once it his the ground, but snow if Florida is a rare treat! :clap:If it gonna be this cold, it might as well snow.

Well' date=' 38* here tonight and got freezing rain and itty bitty ice/snow drops on my truck. :thumbsup:Tomorrow night it is supposed to be colder and more rain which actually might turn into snow if we are really lucky. Won't last but a few seconds once it his the ground, but snow if Florida is a rare treat! :clap:If it gonna be this cold, it might as well snow.[/quote']When was the last time you had snow in Florida?

• Administrators

Real snow was in 1978. My mom had snow balls is the freezer my brother and I made for years until the frig crapped out and they melted. :cry:About 10-12 years ago at Christmas we had snow flurries but they melted as soon as they hit the ground.