Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

maynard

Well' date=' 38* here tonight and got freezing rain and itty bitty ice/snow drops on my truck. :thumbsup:Tomorrow night it is supposed to be colder and more rain which actually might turn into snow if we are really lucky. Won't last but a few seconds once it his the ground, but snow if Florida is a rare treat! :clap:If it gonna be this cold, it might as well snow.[/quote']Hey Tim, The people around here can't drive straight when it's a sunny, beautiful day.... imagine if it snows!! :radar::fireworks: You see all the accidents when it rains. :rain:

It is currently 32* degrees here and it's 3:12PM in the afternoon in Florida!!!:freeze:What has happened to this great state of ours???:confused:

Guest neworder

It is currently 32* degrees here and it's 3:12PM in the afternoon in Florida!!!:freeze:What has happened to this great state of ours???:confused:

Ha, that's nearly as awful as it is here in the UK. Looks pretty disastrous for Florida atm, though the 10 day forecast show's temps back into mid 70's soon, which is nice. My 10 day forecast high is 38F ... suppose it's an improvement after a week of 32F max temps.

Real snow was in 1978. My mom had snow balls is the freezer my brother and I made for years until the frig crapped out and they melted. :cry:About 10-12 years ago at Christmas we had snow flurries but they melted as soon as they hit the ground.

Oh how sad about the snow balls. Great idea from your mother do!We had snow overhere before the last years but this year it is much more!

Guest neworder

I'm looking forward to the BIG THAW, yeah not the episode, the actual big thaw that BBC weather forecasters are referring to. Can't believe im getting excited about the prospect of 5 or 6C (low 40'sF) this weekend, thats what this cold spell has brought me too, I used to get excited about 10C(50F) days in the winter but no more, anything over 40F (5C) will make me happy!!! How sad is that eh!

• Administrators

I agree with that. It is 43* out now and it feels very comfortable from the 26* we had for the last few nights.

Agreed, I'm getting back to my Michigan roots. Anything over freezing I feel like "Today's the day I'm going to wash/vacuum the car," and "Oh, I'm putting on my running shoes after work." (But then I throw on a few blankets and aim the heater toward me and that plan gets canxed).

Real snow was in 1978. My mom had snow balls is the freezer my brother and I made for years until the frig crapped out and they melted. :cry:About 10-12 years ago at Christmas we had snow flurries but they melted as soon as they hit the ground.

Your mother is not the only one who keeps snow balls in the freezer. Underneath a translation of a article in the newspaper overhere in the NetherlandsWoman keeps snow ball 33 years in a freezerMIAMI - In memory of a rare snowstorm in Florida, on January 19, 1977 to be exact, Prena Thomas has since that day kept a snowball in her freezer. The jewel resting all the time between the meat and vegetables of the sentimental lady.The snowball has over the years even survived a move. When Prena and her husband Charles in 2003 looked for other places, they took their icy souvenir, carrefully wrapped in a cooler.Sometimes the couple let their snowball see if anyone comes to visit. As a 'warm' welcome.

post-71-13892963035283_thumb.jpg