Questions & Answers Trivia

Ferrariman

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Hey there....been out for a bit. 

Welcome back, man. Missing you around here. Hope all is well. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Ferrariman:

Also in "Cool Runnin"  I believe the top is up when they throw Noogie in the trunk. 

yeah, I happened to watch that episode last night. It's where Noogie escapes through the restroom window at that bar and they catch up with him.

Also, wasn't the top beige in other episodes? It's black in Cool Runnin'. Or was it just the tonneau cover that was beige? 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Ferrariman:

Always black, beige tonneau

Ah... ok.

I think we get a good look of the tonneau in "Glades", on the way to the Everglades.

Somehow I thought the top was beige as well.

I'm going to watch that scene again when I get home.

• Administrators

It's actually called a boot which covers the convertible top when it's down. A tonneau cover is usually on a pickup bed.  just a little info ;)

^

Hmm, I think pick-up cover is only part of the explanation. Tonneau cover was (and I reckon still is) a totally valid term for the hard/soft cover that protects open tops roof when folder OR a cover that protects the cockpit of a roadster when not driven.

-J

Edited by Jeff_Cooper

Interesting.

Not being a native English speaker, you don't often run into terms like this, let alone any kind of disambiguation between them.

Like I've said before, my second car is an open-top MG roadster. If you look on eBay, the protective cover for the hood (it being a British car, the top is called a hood :)) is usually called a tonneau cover. Then again, when you do a google picture search, "tonneau cover" really only returns pictures of the cover over the back of a pickup truck. But then to add to the confusion, when you look on rimmerbros.co.uk, which is one of the biggest commercial sellers of spare parts for British cars, they call it a "hood stowage cover"... :p

Maybe it's also one of those British English - American English kind of things. And one big reason why your language has fascinated me since I was a weelad... :)

Edited by Daytona74

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Maybe it's also one of those British English - American English kind of things. And one big reason why your language has fascinated me since I was a weelad... :)

You're probably right. Different cultures, different terminology.  Well, no matter what we call it, it covers something! ;)

George Bernard Shaw has been credited with a humorous remark about language.  "Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language"

• Haha 1

When you learn English here in school (which is compulsory from about fifth grade), somewhere along the way, maybe in your fourth or fifth year, there's usually a lesson about the differences between British and American English. I remember our English teacher was a real expert, so we really ended up learning a whole lot about it.

I've always found it funny that a good bit of it centers around cars. Boot - trunk, bonnet - hood, hood - top, gear lever - gearshift, or tyre - tire.

British/Oxford English is the standard that's taught here in schools, but I've always gravitated more towards American English. Probably also because I spent a year living in the U.S. during high school. As a non-native speaker, you kind of get to pick and choose in that respect... :)

Yes, he wore one in "Down For The Count pt. II". He also wore a tie in "Buddies" at the baptism ceremony (just watched it yesterday) and at his own wedding in S4 (episode?).

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

• Administrators

He wore one in the dream he was having walking on the beach and falling into the sand coffin with Castilllo there. Not sure if he was supposed to be Crockett or Burnett at that time in the dream.

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

He also wore a tie in "Buddies" at the baptism ceremony

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that one!

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

“Hit List” and “Sons and Lovers”...I cant remember about “Down for the Count, Pt 2”. 

5 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Yes, he wore one in "Down For The Count pt. II". He also wore a tie in "Buddies" at the baptism ceremony (just watched it yesterday) and at his own wedding in S4 (episode?).

50 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that one!

4 down, one to go. Yes, he did wear one at his own wedding in season 4, episode?

5 hours ago, timm525 said:

He wore one in the dream he was having walking on the beach and falling into the sand coffin with Castilllo there. Not sure if he was supposed to be Crockett or Burnett at that time in the dream.

I guess. I would say he's the subconscious version of Crockett in that dream sequence.

Edited by Retro80sfan

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Retro80sfan:

4 down, one to go. Yes, he did wear one at his own wedding in season 4, episode?

I think the episode is called Like a Hurricane.

I'm not really that big on season 4, so my memories of it tend to be sketchy... :p

50 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

I think the episode is called Like a Hurricane.

I'm not really that big on season 4, so my memories of it tend to be sketchy... :p

Me neither, but Correct!

Right... so if that's all of them now, next question...

According to the sports news cast at the end of "Killshot", at what speed was the pelota assumed to have hit Tico Arriola's head when it killed him?