Colin Farrell: "The movie was horrible"

Mr. Calderon

I was watching that crap last week...heck....and again, i couldnt finish it ....look that sticky fat bathless hair...look that "like a door" expression...look the way the guy mumbles his text...heck...and Michael Mann on the bonus all smilin...puta que pariu! Que filme merda!Only Colin got out of the a-list?I bet, even Don being so "anti" vice these days...he must feel really pissed with the job done by them.

I can see why he didn't care so much for it, it's certainly hard watching yourself whisper and mumble through a film because you're so hammered from the previous night's partying!:D

Colin Farrell: "The movie was horrible"Oh yes, he's finally admitted it. I bought the dvd for £3 & was annoyed I couldn't get a refund on it. It's such a pity it didn't live up to the original series because who knows what could have happened ... oh well. At least there are still plenty of us MV fans of the original series out there. But wouldn't it be wonderful to see DJ, PMT & co back together for one last film/episode or whatever?

Quote, CarolineUK -" But wouldn't it be wonderful to see DJ, PMT & co back together for one last film/episode or whatever? " Ahhhhh.....I see a familiar dead horse being beaten! :dance2:

Careful Tony a certain cam puller may appear with stinking horses. Anyway, I must admit you have brought me back from the dead with Colin's words. I have not seen the film, don't really want to. I would rather have see Bela Lugosi star in the film, oh wait he's not available. Ok, so I have been watching all of you for over 3 years and I am waiting for an Epiphany.Love To all,Mr. Ross

• Administrators

Well, you would need to see it a few times to understand who is who. Horrible character development in my opinion.

Yeah,Farrell is right on it!The movie is horrible,and in large part due to his acting.He can't even be compared with DJ.I got a feeling that even Elvis would be a better Crockett than Farrel was....

Yep, the movie was horrible and a terrible adaption of the TV show material. I think Colin Farrell was miscast but he's in no way responsible for the awfulness. That falls at the feet of Michael Mann - a guy that completely misunderstands the appeal of the original show.

Let's be fair Colin Farrell didnt say the movie was "horrible" if you read the text and his career if anything has been on the up since 2006 - "In Bruges " and the Golden Globe win in 2009 and starring with Jeff Bridges and Robert Duvall in "Crazy Heart" just out.MV 2006 was Michael Mann's arrogance at work - although a decent film it spared little or no thought for the Original Series or repsect come to that.:D

• 4 weeks later...
Colin Farrell: "The movie was horrible"Oh yes' date=' he's finally admitted it. I bought the dvd for £3 & was annoyed I couldn't get a refund on it. It's such a pity it didn't live up to the original series because who knows what could have happened ... oh well. At least there are still plenty of us MV fans of the original series out there. But wouldn't it be wonderful to see DJ, PMT & co back together for one last film/episode or whatever?[/quote']That's right. We did have some discussion then about who from the tv show should have played a part in the movie I remember, or how it should have looked like. Michael mann wanted to do it in a very different way obviously. And missed:)

i liked the locations in the movie,but somehow it was just...awful?colin farrel wasnt really good as sonny,same for jamie foxx,is it a wonder for such wonderful originals,to find a good replacement ir really hard :rolleyes:love the heat movie from him,thats good the soundtrack also

• 1 month later...

i could watch this movie every day... its what michael mann does makes realistic serious non buddy buddy films and i happen to love that style.. the end bit when he lets gong li go on the boat and goes back to the hospital to see trudy and it abruptly ends with just the words Miami vice on the screen.. gets me pumped *pulles out miami vice blu ray*you can say films are crap but this is stylized to fit in with what mann wants.. and he doese not care about the money side of his films he makes them because he wants to and does it in his vision you have to respect that..just the way he produced the OG vice in the 80's i am a biased michael mann fan but fact still remains the shoot out was shot so well and felt very realistic.also my fave part is when they find out trudy has been kidnapped and c&t are on a go fast boat in complete silence just sinister music playing.. but on the other hand how is vice, vice without dj and pmt.....? with that argument i feel that the production was great and im glad they dident try to make a 80s throwback.. i think the original vice series should be left as is and michael seid that during production..

Yep' date=' the movie was horrible and a terrible adaption of the TV show material. I think Colin Farrell was miscast but he's in no way responsible for the awfulness. That falls at the feet of Michael Mann - a guy that completely misunderstands the appeal of the original show.[/quote']wow dude michael mann invented that appeal have you never read his book.. please no offence but that comment is way off base.. he sees the appeal but how does the appeal of the 80s to us today translate to a 2006 film now? have you ever seen cocain cowboys or the real miami vice.. the series was relevent to what was goin on in the 80s the film is relevent to what is going on now.. drug dealers have more counter measures that the FBI its a different world and the film has a different vibe and so it should 25 years on...but whatever im happy that film is released.. also the UK version makes no sense.. the uncut version is like 20mins longer and has a boat race at the start pulled straight from season 1. and generally makes a lot more sense...

I don't think I'm way off base, and I appreciate that Michael Mann really pushed the boundaries of television with the look of Miami Vice.The show was so stylish, so cool. The movie was dull and in places a little embarrassing. I think Mann was too concerned in distancing the movie from the TV show. No Elvis... no banter... no fun... not much in the way of musical montages. That's not Miami Vice.The guy completely misread what the audience EXPECTED from a Miami Vice movie. He tried really hard to make a 'gritty cop' movie, but the grittiness was just one element of the show. He missed out practically every other element that made Miami Vice, well... Miami Vice.I've seen the extended cut of the Miami Vice movie. In fact I own it on DVD and double dipped for the BD. There are sequences that I like in it. For example I think the club scenes toward the beginning of the movie are GREAT. They captured a modern Vice feel IMO. Unfortunately, the rest of the film doesn't fare as well.I appreciate that the movie had numerous production problems and maybe some of the blame is due to them. However, Mann was the director and should have made it work. Plus, I think the film has major problems from even a conceptual stand point.

I love Michale Mann for what he's done for MV the tv show, Heat and Collateral, but MV is where he shouldn't of played it safe with the usual stuff. Hell I think sort of a semi prequel mixed with the pilot would have been great there's lots of stuff he could have tapped into.How Crockett got switched over to vice, the change in his personality caused by being assigned to vice after being a robbery detective for so long.the story behind the Daytona's confiscation (I mean a porsche, fine but a super rare FERRARI DAYTONA SPYDER?! what did Crockett catch Tony Montana?) Evan back in the day.I'm not even scratching the surface here and I'm not even going into the visual stuff which I've already covered.

I don't think I'm way off base' date=' and I appreciate that Michael Mann really pushed the boundaries of television with the look of Miami Vice.The show was so stylish, so cool. The movie was dull and in places a little embarrassing. I think Mann was too concerned in distancing the movie from the TV show. No Elvis... no banter... no fun... not much in the way of musical montages. That's not Miami Vice.The guy completely misread what the audience EXPECTED from a Miami Vice movie. He tried really hard to make a 'gritty cop' movie, but the grittiness was just one element of the show. He missed out practically every other element that made Miami Vice, well... Miami Vice.I've seen the extended cut of the Miami Vice movie. In fact I own it on DVD and double dipped for the BD. There are sequences that I like in it. For example I think the club scenes toward the beginning of the movie are GREAT. They captured a modern Vice feel IMO. Unfortunately, the rest of the film doesn't fare as well.I appreciate that the movie had numerous production problems and maybe some of the blame is due to them. However, Mann was the director and should have made it work. Plus, I think the film has major problems from even a conceptual stand point.[/quote']when i said you was way of base.. i meant in relation to his goal which regardless of press and other crappy outlets he reached in his own words he tells this... he also dident care much about box office what he does is produce a movie he knows will make big numbers (the aviator) then he has creative freedom to do what he likes...miami vice.. he just wanted to make a film that he wanted to make.. peoples style changes.. hell people change..its not the 80s..also the story was a mix of fact and fiction and the cast spent 3 months training and spending time with the REAL miami vice which dont have alligators and knock about in pastels and defiantly do NOT crack jokes with there buddies while they work.. i got a cold cruel realistic Miami vice i also got to see Crockett and tubbs take down a buch of dick head white racists. which is pritty awesome and i am ever so glad he did this film the way he did.... i watch it and love every single shot.. also on a side not i have been to a lot of the locations... seen in the movie..sorry a load of fans dident feel it.... thats your problem you gotta live with it..but there are loads of people who love it.. also he did it for recognition from the real vice squads across America (read his book) and they recognised it as portraying a job they do in a realistic light :done:

I understand what Mann was trying to accomplish. I mean I think that's pretty clear onscreen.HOWEVER... why call it Miami Vice? It's so far removed from the vision of the original show that it's a whole new beast. Crockett doesn't act like Crockett, Castillo doesn't act like Castillo, Switek and Zito don't act like Switek and Zito... you catch my drift?I think the film would have fared better had it *NOT* be called Miami Vice or use any of the Miami Vice characters. The Vice movie felt more like a sequel of sorts to Collateral.Now, my point is, WHY call it Miami Vice when it contains so few of the shows original characteristics? The reason is simple - franchise recognition. The name Miami Vice was supposed to bring in people out of interest because they obviously associate it with the original show. Which means that Mann obviously does/did care about the movies success (or lack thereof).Did you know that before the films release, Universal where planning on turning it into a movie series? They where hoping for at least another two or three movies. However the film did not meet expectations either critically or commercially so the project was dumped. Not to mention that it was a terrible shoot, Jamie Foxx walked off set and refused to return to the location. Meaning that Mann had to use a different ending for the film than he originally intended.I actually wouldn't be surprised if the idea of a 'Miami Vice series' is rebooted in a few years with someone else other than Michael Mann at the helm.I'm glad you love the movie. Like I've said before, I can enjoy elements of it, so don't think I'm just some rabid hater. However I acknowledge that it's a deeply, deeply flawed piece of cinema.

I'm with pal here I agree completelymakes you wonder if a starsky and hutch like sort of before the show prequel is out of the questionFor me even if it wasnt really vice I have to thank Michale Mann for introducing me to the show if I hadn't seen that pilot I would have never found this place.

i could watch this movie every day...

LOLTell me your adress and ill mail my original copy to you. So you can watch it this movie twice everyday lol