Colin Farrell: "The movie was horrible"

Mr. Calderon

Guest neworder

People are actually selling this movie (brand NEW) for £0.01 + P+P which is £1.20 on amazon market place ... so ... lol bargain! God knows how they are making a profit on that. On a serious note though, not a brilliant film, but not an awful film. Would get a strong 7/10 if I were to rate it. Mann has made better films since the Vice TV show ended. If he'd tried to replicate the TV show too much it would have come across as cheesy, focussing it on today's world pandered to a wider audience rather than just die hard devoted fans of the TV show. The 80's aren't seen upon as favourable amongst younger audiences. The downsides of this movie for me are actually completely unrelated to the TV show except that it needed more Ferrari action; besides this the issues were with story (love story angle was long, drawn out, boring) and acting which was weak too, so even if the film was filmed in traditional Vice style, wouldn't have made a deal of difference .

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the idea of a 'Miami Vice series' is rebooted in a few years with someone else other than Michael Mann at the helm.

This is what I expect as well. I think that Mann was too busy trying to contemporise Miami Vice that he lost sight of anything else. Just to discuss Neworder's point about the acting being weak, I think this was more a case of an odd direction decision, which meant that Michael Mann didn't give the actors much room to actually act. If you watch Farrell and Foxx in other things (such as "Phonebooth" and "Collateral" respectively), they are clearly very good actors, but it was like Michael Mann had said to all the actors in the Vice film "right above all you gotta play it serious, and be as stoic and possible". Dominic Lombardozzi, who plays one half of a quasi-comedic cop duo in "The Wire" would have been great at bringing humour to the character of Switek in the same way that Michael Talbott did (and I suspect that this may have been why he was initially selected for the part), but then the opportunity was wasted. I suspect that Michael Mann had different ideas about the direction than the person who was responsible for casting did.Although as a follow up on Miami Vice, i believe the film was weak, I still believe that if you take it out of the Vice context, as a film in it's own right it is still good. There was a lot of good music in the film, combined with some great scenes. In this way, this was what both the film and the tv series had in common.

Guest neworder
I still believe that if you take it out of the Vice context' date=' as a film in it's own right it is still good. There was a lot of good music in the film, combined with some great scenes. In this way, this was what both the film and the tv series had in common.[/quote']Agreed. Expanding my acting point, to be fair I'm just criticising Gong Li, can't hear half of what she says in the film.

People are actually selling this movie (brand NEW) for £0.01 + P+P which is £1.20 on amazon market place ... so ... lol bargain! God knows how they are making a profit on that.

Here in Brazil, Universal packed it in a combo with another filme in a single DVD. I dont remember which one but...another crap level movie.And if the franchise could be rebooted soon with MMann, can you imagine some journalist asking to him? "Mr. Mann, how can you explain? You firstly made that movie, and now you created a new movie version which is really similar to the original TV show. Why did you change your mind? "Ah, that´s because the first movie was a piece of ****. I didn´t listen the MV fans, and i decided to put my master genious arrogance in it."Though i was / i am absoluttely against no one than the original cast to do such movie, i have to "forgive" Colin and the rest of the new cast. They were so bad, but so bad...and knowing they were able to do some good movies before, the only reason to act like a door should be the way Michael Mann told them to do so.

michael mann tries to stear away from sequels i see every ones point especially Pals you got a good point man.. but still i love it.. i love that there is no lethal weapon buddy jokes and i love lethal weapon... what can i say.. i love it.