Episode "Hell hath no Fury"

Tom

vor 4 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

Pop's Gun Club in SW Ranches is the closest I have found on my quick search this time around. Wanted to point out the tower  seen in the near background. I had forgotten about it so I wanted to make sure it had been seen by all.

Pop´s does not fit as it is not on the edge of a residential neighborhood. 

I have never seen a tower in these scenes. Just a couple of poles and electric powerlines. Where did you find a tower? Can you send a pic?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

Top left corner of picture right behind Tubbs.

PDVD_152.JPG

Thanks! I didn’t recognize that before.

Edited by Tom

This is just a thought - I used this search site years ago.  If you can determine the longitude and latitude of Pop's Gun Club (or another possible range) using Google Earth, change it a little to where you think the antenna should be and see if you can find the antenna.  As I recall this site lists both active and no longer existing antennas.  That would ID  the range.

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

• Like 1

Ellen's apartment interior is likely a set as when the flowers are delivered it is nighttime. There is not a single light in the background. Total blackness. That is a pretty strong indicator that this was a set inside a stage.

• Like 1

I am also able to confirm that the magazine's office was filmed on the first floor of the Tides Hotel, south side. Previously suspected but not confirmed.

• Like 1

Looks you have great fun updating and dissecting this episode! Hopefully you‘ll have a magic moment as well for the shooting range!

Have not spent much time on that...yet, but I will. In the process of updating my site now. Going from 1 page to 2 for this episode thanks to you.

I may have found the gun range. Used by Miami Shores PD at the time. North side of NW 103rd Street between the canal on the west side and NW 17th Avenue on the east.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

I may have found the gun range. Used by Miami Shores PD at the time. North side of NW 103rd Street between the canal on the west side and NW 17th Avenue on the east.

That´s the best fit so far, but I don´t believe that´s it (if I have examined the right spot going by your description) First, there is no range visible on the 1986 historic aerial. Second, the buildings - one small longish building next to the range and one bigger building parallel to the range - do not match with the episode and neither is the hammock part seen in the episode on the side of the range. Third, the access from the main road does not fit (in MV the access is from vis a vis the range, here it is only possible from the side - NW 17 Ave). Also, the road visible in the background of HHNF seems to be much smaller than NW 103 Street.

1701 NW 103 Street

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 08.22.15.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 08.21.37.png

Edited by Tom

To be clear it is not where public works facility but behind it along the canal. Right up against the canal. It was in use in the 80's. The old access was along NW 103rd Street. The buildings are a bit troubling but the 1980 sat pic is more favorable yet not clear enough. The 1986 sat pic does show the range and covered area were there but trees help disguise it. Big thing is that the tower is there indicated by the shadow on the ground. Lower left of your 1986 sat pic. Your pic is cropped right through the covered part of the range.  Not 100% but a good prospect worth investigating.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb C Glide:

To be clear it is not where public works facility but behind it along the canal. Right up against the canal. It was in use in the 80's. The old access was along NW 103rd Street. The buildings are a bit troubling but the 1980 sat pic is more favorable yet not clear enough. The 1986 sat pic does show the range and covered area were there but trees help disguise it. Big thing is that the tower is there indicated by the shadow on the ground. Lower left of your 1986 sat pic. Your pic is cropped right through the covered part of the range.  Not 100% but a good prospect worth investigating.

Maybe I still don´t get it - but if the tower shadow you referred to is what I encircled in red, the tower would be somewhere around the "X" and the covered part of the range where the "R" is?

I still don´t see how this could match up with what we see in the episode? The two buildings and its relative location against each other are not there irrespective how other parts like the range and the tower are located? In the episode the tower is located behind C&T very close to the edge of the hammock, directly next to the parking lot and the cars. I can´t imagine the fit of this in the aerial either...

Maybe you can mark the respective parts like range, tower in the historic aerial to show what you mean exactly how it could work out?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 15.51.05.png

Edited by Tom

Nope, ya missed the target. The range is to the left of your red circle. Your x is about at the end of the range building, now go to the left and down and you will be following the range building. I am at work now so can't diagram the picture but I can later. To the left of your x is a grassy area. That is the range and it has faint lines from concrete that mark different yardages from the targets. In the center of your pic are two small buildings. The range is just above them. The building in the center just below your circle is where the entrance from NW 103rd Street was.

Edited by C Glide
  • Like 1

The long building is parallel to the gun range. The sat pic has nothing to match that.  Also, there's no pavement on the sat pic.

range.png.5c9efac1af8685d0d4ebaaa1df480f67.png

Agreed but it is the closest so far. It shows me how small an area is needed. It could be located in a lot more areas than I was first thinking. I am going to ask around to Miami cops from back then to see if they know.

Too many things that did not match. 

That swampy area we see in the background and also behind the fire zone seems to be big. And it is reed no just bushes which is quite rare. This and the buildings with paved street, the picnic table and the busy traffic in the background could be an indication the range was rather on the edge of an inhabited area than in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of town.