Can Miami vice rise from its ashes ?

jpaul1

I agree that could be difficult, but maybe Crockett took a few years off, refreshed himself, and returned "home." When Marty retired, he decides to apply for the job because he's tired of taking care of his boat all day and needs a new adventure/chapter in his life. ;)

this afternoon i was browsing Key west pictures and i was thinking that the tuff cop who fights bad guys in Miami area is an endless source of inspiration . the only thing is to find the good ingredients to make the cool thing restart . i enjoyed a lot Crockett and Tubbs but i think both the dresses and the car made a lot in their success , would we have loved them that much if they were wearing simple ready-to-wear clothes and doing their duty in a traditional Dodge Monaco , i'm not sure about that .the idea of DJ as a new Police dpt chief is a very good one but i'm not sure that DJ wants to hear about Miami vice still but he could make small appearances like a police adviser for example for the new series to take root .i think with well dressed inspectors , in Miami tropical dream area and a bit of creativity there's no reason for such stuff not to work

Totally agree with Stingers comments. Miami Vice was the eighties. It changed television production for good. The show was a leader and set the standards for TV right through to today.Most music now is remixes and sampling of artists from the 70's & 80's anyway.I will just keep watching my DVD collection, cheering on Crockett, Tubbs and the whole team, and just being thankfull for the series.

I myself can't see Sonny as a Lieutenant let alone Chief of Police. The character Sonny is to moody and idealistic to ever compromise his principles of right and wrong to be anything other than a Detective. To rise in rank in you have to be diplomatic (A fancy word for kiss ass.) and PC and that's not the Sonny I admire. Both Sonny and Tubbs had at least five years on the job and with them likely getting time from Sonny's Military Service and Tubb's New York Police time, both would of had more than 30 years on the job and have retired years ago. I see Trudy or Gina as possible Lieutenants or Captains, but that's about it.I think it's best just to enjoy the series as it was. A great show at it's time.:clap: