What draws you back to "the Vice"?

Morgana

When I start having dreams about episodes that don't really exist, I know it's time to go back to the well. Doesn't happen often; usually after I haven't watched for several months (which doesn't happen very often either).

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments of this thread! I recently re-discovered my Vice interest and ended up here! I realise how often in my life since the series was on TV that I actually head back to the dvd's and let them rekindle what was a good fun era for me! It has had a profound effect on how I live my life, even if I dont consciously think of it. I dont think there has been a time since the mid 80's that I haven't had at least one henly style t-shirt in my possession!

For me it is the rare combination of style, music, stories, acting and the location of Miami that makes the show work better than any other cop show. Real LE isn't glamorous, but that's what I liked about Miami Vice.

• Administrators

What draws me back? It's honestly never left me. Every single day in some way Vice pops into my day. Whether it's a song I hear, a phrase someone says or that constant loop of Vice episodes that runs through my head! It's always there in some way, shape or form.

• 2 months later...

Hot weather!I tend to get into Vice again when the weather gets hot and I can dig out all my linen clothes and pastel shirts! Especially the other day when it was so hot and windy I thought "Even the breeze is hot today.." :D

For me it is the rare combination of style' date=' music, stories, acting and the location of Miami that makes the show work better than any other cop show. Real LE isn't glamorous, but that's what I liked about Miami Vice.[/quote'] Exactly! And besides there is hardly anything worth watching on TV anymore. Vice looks the best on my 50" TV.:thumbsup:

post-620-13892963166096_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Truth is, I never really left MV behind.Before I was able to get the dvd sets, would checkout any/every Vice marathon that aired.SleuthVH1Tv LandPlus I have Centric playing on my tv every morning, while getting ready for work. They air episodes Mon-Fri at 6am.

MV is a part of my persona. In conversations with people, they may say something that's a line right out of Miami Vice and that draws me back!

• 3 weeks later...

whewAh....reading this lets me know I am not crazy! For the longest I thought I was the only person who would have a tendency to absorb myself in it...I mean, I replay the DVD's over and over and over and over and over...........its like, somehow it takes me to another reality...I almost hate it when I have to leave the house to go to work....I guess with the way the world is (the daily stresses and all) this is our adult version of escapism! I am so glad I own this and Golden Girls on DVD, so I can escape to 80's Miami whenever I want to!!The scenery, dialogue, characters, and music all just give me a warm, fuzzy, exciting, tropical, colorful feeling I cant describe....does anyone know the feeling I'm talking about? :happy:

And also, like someone else pointed out, there aint CRAP thats on tv thats even worth watching...I ordered my MV sets from Amazon, and they pay for themselves over and over again, rather than a monthly cable bill for stations that NEVER play anything worth seeing (in my opinion).And also, we do this because we are nerds lol. I love it, its my own secure comfy cozy little world...

Ah....reading this lets me know I am not crazy! For the longest I thought I was the only person who would have a tendency to absorb myself in it...I mean' date=' I replay the DVD's over and over and over and over and over...........its like, somehow it takes me to another reality...I almost hate it when I have to leave the house to go to work....I guess with the way the world is (the daily stresses and all) this is our adult version of escapism! I am so glad I own this and Golden Girls on DVD, so I can escape to 80's Miami whenever I want to!!The scenery, dialogue, characters, and music all just give me a warm, fuzzy, exciting, tropical, colorful feeling I cant describe....does anyone know the feeling I'm talking about? :happy:[/quote']I guess I know this feeling, Tabitha. I like this notion of "our adult version of escapism". However, I'm trying not to escape too far, so to speak. There are days and even weeks :) when I don't watch MV. Going to work isn't such a problem (well, I'm pulling your leg, it often is - but for other reasons :>) because I speak English there so I can be 'closer' to our favorite topic :). I don't know how to put it because I don't want to offend anyone but much as I love the 1980s - MV, the music, even (to some extent) the fashion and all the rest, I wouldn't like to lead a MV lifestyle myself. It's not just the matter of money - that I can't imagine myself going to Florida, driving a convertible in this climate or wearing designer clothes (it would be difficult anyway - most of that male fashion looks okay now but many clothes that Gina or Trudy used to wear seem terribly kitschy now). I guess I'd feel like some Elvis impersonator if I tried to do all that stuff here and now. I have a great deal of respect for those who manage to make their MV dream come true - like moving to Miami because of the passion for the series - but I prefer to remain myself although my life here is much less glamorous than it could be in Florida and I'm older not only than Gina and Trudy but also Sonny and Rico! :D Yet when I'm watching an episode, I like to enjoy this "warm, fuzzy, exciting, tropical, colorful feeling" :) It's almost 2 a.m., well past bedtime!