BURGER KING SELLS RIBS!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Believe it or not, BURGER KING is now selling ribs!They claim to be the first of the of the fast food burger chains to do this.Word is they are actually pretty good.They have flame broiled grills, so they have the equipment to do it.They are not cheap, so you'd have to order the ribs with something else to fill you up.Just for a treat, I may try it tonight, or tomorrow. It won't be like going out for great ribs, or ever replace it, but for a quick fix, this may just do the trick!(My investigative, undercover report, and PHOTOS from my Burger King visit, and rib review starts on page 2!!) Eingefügtes BildThe "BK Fire-Grilled Ribs" are the result of new product development around the company's "game-changing broiler," John Schaufelberger, senior vice president of global product marketing and innovation, said in a statement.The ribs "are just the beginning of the innovative product line we can offer with this new cooking platform," Schaufelberger added.The ribs, which are accompanied by a barbeque dipping sauce, come in a three-piece serving that can be tacked onto a value meal for $1.99. Without the meal, the three-piece serving costs $2.99. More spendthrifty eaters can get six pieces for $5.69 or eight pieces for $7.19, according to Burger King.Eingefügtes BildP.S. Don't miss my review, and photos from my visit on page 2!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• cageyJG

• timm525

• Maria714

• Administrators

Mc-D's used to offer the "McRib" but I don't think this is anywhere near the same thing.

Mc-D's used to offer the "McRib" but I don't think this is anywhere near the same thing.

Not even close.McDONALDS doesn't have flame broilers.Burger King's ribs are real.

• Administrators

And if I recall, the McRib was served on a bun with bones in it! :eek:I always wondered how one was supposed to eat a rib sandwich with the bones still on it? I ordered one one time from somewhere and didn't realize it was not boneless. I damn near broke my front teeth when I bit into it. How can anyone serve a sandwich like that? :confused:

And if I recall' date=' the McRib was served on a bun with bones in it! :eek:I always wondered how one was supposed to eat a rib sandwich with the bones still on it? I ordered one one time from somewhere and didn't realize it was not boneless. I damn near broke my front teeth when I bit into it. How can anyone serve a sandwich like that? :confused:[/quote']Tim, Mcribs didn't have real ribs in it. It was processed pork in the shape of ribs with bones.

I would gladly pay a buck right now to be able to access and post the still from the Simpsons McRib episode, when Homer went to the factory and the molten McRib ooze was pouring through a maze of funnels and channels in a mold.

• Administrators
Tim' date=' Mcribs didn't have real ribs in it. It was processed pork in the shape of ribs with bones.[/quote']Not surprised. I don't think they even sell real hamburger meat for their hamburgers either. :sick:

I would gladly pay a buck right now to be able to access and post the still from the Simpsons McRib episode' date=' when Homer went to the factory and the molten McRib ooze was pouring through a maze of funnels and channels in a mold.[/quote']YUCK!:eek::p:sick:

Just for a treat' date=' I may try it tonight, or tomorrow. It won't be like going out for great ribs, or ever replace it, but for a quick fix, this may just do the trick![/quote']This sounds like the build-up to quite a mission! I have to ask, do you have a special wardrobe all picked out for such an auspicious occasion?

This sounds like the build-up to quite a mission! I have to ask' date=' do you have a special wardrobe all picked out for such an auspicious occasion?[/quote']YES I DO!

TIMM525 & Cooper....The two of you are making me HUNGRY HERE:p....which is HORRID:eek:, considering that I am trying to keep a diet going here:).

TIMM525 & Cooper....The two of you are making me HUNGRY HERE:p....which is HORRID:eek:' date=' considering that I am trying to keep a diet going here:).[/quote']Sorry.Perhaps you should hold off reading this thread, (and my ribs report later tonight).

Sorry.Perhaps you should hold off reading this thread' date=' (and my ribs report later tonight).[/quote']I BETTER....Or else I can kiss my diet BYE BYE:)!!!!

• Administrators

I think I really will go to BURGER KING tonight and give 'em a try.

Do you have hospitalization coverage? :p

I BETTER....Or else I can kiss my diet BYE BYE:)!!!!

Don't do it!Gotta have the bikini body.Well, I'm off to BURGER KING now!I'll report back in a little while to let you know how they are! :thumbsup:

Don't do it!Gotta have the bikini body.Well' date=' I'm off to BURGER KING now!I'll report back in a little while to let you know how they are! :thumbsup:[/quote']I guess then it's a good thing that I will be logged off when you get back with your report;). But you sure do make it INCREDIBLY HARD to stick to any diet:p.

O.K., I went undercover, and decided to visit a Burger King to try out the new ribs they were offering.I drove there hoping my closest Burger King had them (I think today is the first day they are offering them).No signs on the outer windows......but alas! There was a sign near the drive thru!Eingefügtes Bild

I walked in, and I asked for the ribs.The lady at the counter said, "We ain't got no stink'in ribs for you."I then pulled out my badge from around my neck and identified myself as a member of .WS......Vice unit.She quickly became "COOP"erative, and told me I could have whatever I wanted.Eingefügtes BildShe made the right decision. ;)She explained that it was all a misunderstanding.................she thought I was a member of the "other" site.

After letting her know that no charges would be filed, I ordered my ribs ($7.19).I decided to go for the 8 piece fire grilled ribs, and ordered it.When I got them, I put my badge down (just in case any punks wanted to steal my ribs) for all to see, and started eating them.Eingefügtes Bild

The rib bone was bigger, and was meatier than baby back ribs.Could this be beef ribs?I asked the counter help if they were beef or pork ribs. I was quietly told it was "pork ribs" from the now trembling-in-the-corner worker. :rolleyes: Guess I spooked her.Eingefügtes Bild

Well, I have to tell you, I was pleasantly suprised. These were, in fact, rather meaty, fire grilled ribs. And they were actually rather good!As I stated before, it won't replace visiting your favorite ribs place, but they were GREAT for a rib fix if you need one (I do quite often).The dipping sauce went very well with the ribs, and the ribs had a nice, SMOKEY flavor! They were actually slow cooked too!Eingefügtes Bild

Well, the meal was over, and I needed to drive back home so I could share this info with you.Right before I walked out the door, I put on my shades, quickly did a double take, and showed my badge again to the workers just to make sure she knew that we at .WS are to be taken seriously, and who's in charge.She coward down behind the counter.... .....Don't MESS, with .WS!Eingefügtes BildBottom line.The ribs are VERY good for a fast food burger joint, and were actually BETTER than I thought! I WILL be retuning to eat the ribs again sometime before the (possibly) LIMITED TIME ONLY ribs are gone. :thumbsup: (cue the Miami Vice closing credits theme)

• Administrators

Too bad you didn't just pull your Bren Ten. That would have gotten a little faster service.Remember Michael Douglas in "Falling Down"? They would have thought you were pulling a "Whammy Burger" on them! :D