What's your favourite whisky ?

admin1389294680

As far as whiskey goes, I'm a novice, but Old Dan Tucker's bourbon whiskey was okay, though it was diluted, and thus fairly tasteless.

Guest Don

Jack Daniels.

One I like and was Crockett's Brand' date=' Jack Daniels Black[/quote']What do you mean with "Jack Daniels Black"? There is no other label with Jack..Are you talking about Jim Beam? They came up with a black label some time ago..

Johnny Walker, Blue Label, Scotch. Smoother than a baby' bottom. You can also sell your baby to get a few bottles because it's pricey stuff.Eingefügtes Bild

Jack Daniels.What do you mean with "Jack Daniels Black"? There is no other label with Jack..Are you talking about Jim Beam? They came up with a black label some time ago..

I beg to differ---ever hear of Jack Daniels Single Barrel? BTW, Crockett usually orders his Jack as "Jack Black"

Guest Don
I beg to differ---ever hear of Jack Daniels Single Barrel? BTW' date=' Crockett usually orders his Jack as "Jack Black"[/quote']I know about the Single Barrel. But this one is also a "black label" - just called Jack Daniels Single Barrel.BTW: "Black Jack" means not "Jack Daniels Black Label". It's a (sometimes well-known) synonym for Jack Daniels straight (without water or ice).

I know about the Single Barrel. But this one is also a "black label" - just called Jack Daniels Single Barrel.BTW: "Black Jack" means not "Jack Daniels Black Label". It's a (sometimes well-known) synonym for Jack Daniels straight (without water or ice).

Well Don we must go to different bars as I've never seen Jack ordered "neat" as "Black Jack" so don't know about it being so well-known. Maybe that's a Miami thing. Jack Black I believe refers to the black label on Old number 7.

Well Don we must go to different bars as I've never seen Jack ordered "neat" as "Black Jack" so don't know about it being so well-known. Maybe that's a Miami thing. Jack Black I believe refers to the black label on Old number 7.

Now Jack Black is just thought of as one of the chubby guys from Tenacious D..

Now Jack Black is just thought of as one of the chubby guys from Tenacious D..

Thanks JD for the reality check--you're right---who cares about such stuff.

• Administrators
I beg to differ---ever hear of Jack Daniels Single Barrel? BTW' date=' Crockett usually orders his Jack as "Jack Black"[/quote']Never heard him say that. What ep. did he say that in? :confused:
I know about the Single Barrel. But this one is also a "black label" - just called Jack Daniels Single Barrel.That may be true.BTW: "Black Jack" means not "Jack Daniels Black Label". It's a (sometimes well-known) synonym for Jack Daniels straight (without water or ice).
I'd agree with that statement.I always thought he ordered straight (regular) Jack Daniels with no ice. (how do you get ice in a shot glass anyways?)

• Administrators

I prefer shaved myself, this way when you get s**t faced, you don't have to worry about choking to death on it.

Never heard him say that. What ep. did he say that in? :confused:I'd agree with that statement.I always thought he ordered straight (regular) Jack Daniels with no ice. (how do you get ice in a shot glass anyways?)

Precisely--no need to specify straight, neat, etc when served in a shot glass. It's just Crockett's term for JD.

• 1 month later...

I forgot about the exhanges on this thread but I was watching Rock and a hard Place the other evening and heard Sonny order at the bar "Let me have Black Jack please.......neat", for whatever its (or not) worth. Cheers.