What's your favourite whisky ?

admin1389294680

Neat probably means without the bartenders fingers in it. :eek:I never really drank Whiskey because I hated the taste.I did take a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery years ago, when I was a teen.Everything for the rest of the evening, tasted like charcoal. :sick:I was a 151 man, or straight vodka, when I did drink anything other than Guinness.

• Administrators
I forgot about the exhanges on this thread but I was watching Rock and a hard Place the other evening and heard Sonny order at the bar "Let me have Black Jack please.......neat"' date=' for whatever its (or not) worth. Cheers.[/quote']He ordered the same thing in "Love at first site" after the first date with Louis at her place, she said "you wanted it neat...yes?"

• Administrators

...I never really drank Whiskey because I hated the taste...

It's really great stuff. After about the tenth shot of that, it tastes wonderful. :rauchen:

• 1 year later...
[quote=Sonny-Burnett;2353">

I beg to differ---ever hear of Jack Daniels Single Barrel? BTW' date=' Crockett usually orders his Jack as "Jack Black"[/quote']

I know about the Single Barrel. But this one is also a "black label" - just called Jack Daniels Single Barrel.BTW: "Black Jack" means not "Jack Daniels Black Label". It's a (sometimes well-known) synonym for Jack Daniels straight (without water or ice).

Well Don we must go to different bars as I've never seen Jack ordered "neat" as "Black Jack" so don't know about it being so well-known. Maybe that's a Miami thing. Jack Black I believe refers to the black label on Old number 7.

Never heard him say that. What ep. did he say that in? :confused:I always thought he ordered straight (regular) Jack Daniels with no ice. (how do you get ice in a shot glass anyways?)

Black Jack is an old southernism for a shot glass of Jack Daniels Black Label Sour Mash whiskey. Has the 7 on the label. I remember My grandfather using that term in the early 70's many times.And Jack Daniels has several different color labels. Black is the most well known, although they produce a White label, and a Green label. I believe there's also a variety of Rye whiskey they produce as well, but I'm unsure as to the color of the label. Now,,,, I like Jack Daniels, all varieties, Jim Beam, and Maker's Mark. Those whiskey's are my all time favorite sippin whiskeys.

• 3 months later...
Eingefügtes BildYamazaki 18 exists for the true connosieur and is like a godess among all whiskys. The BTI index gives her '99', and superlative rank. "Amazingly complex and deep." "Platinum." Aroma is of toffee, estery, honey and strawberry. Taste: Spicy, cherry-like tones, marmalade, butter cream and honey. Fruity and pleasantly dry finish.

• 3 months later...

LaphroaigAny other fans? This is definitely a polarizing Scotch. I just got a bottle of their quarter cask, it's supposed to be the premium. My friend joked that, "it doesn't have that Ben Gay taste that the regular 10 year does." Pfft, I like the old, cheaper, stiff stuff better. Hair on the chest, etc.You get a cool certificate from the company and a 1'x1' plot of land in Scotland for joining their club. Have to hang that up sometime.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators
Eingefügtes BildYamazaki 18 exists for the true connosieur and is like a godess among all whiskys. The BTI index gives her '99'' date=' and superlative rank. "Amazingly complex and deep." "Platinum." Aroma is of toffee, estery, honey and strawberry. Taste: Spicy, cherry-like tones, marmalade, butter cream and honey. Fruity and pleasantly dry finish.[/quote'] Never heard of this. What's a bottle of this run?

Between $100 and $125 (the higher end if you live somewhere with ridiculous state-run liquor monopolies like Virginia). It's nice to have something like this for special occasions. Try it - it will bring you tears of bliss and satisfaction.

• Administrators

It will bring tears to my eyes at the register! :eek:I hope it is good stuff! A bit out of my price range.

Spelling?Some trivia:"The commonly accepted distinction is that the spelling “whisky†is used for Scotch and Canadian whisky, whereas the spelling “whiskey†is used for U.S. and Irish whiskey. Individual manufacturers (where this is not regulated by law…no idea if it is anywhere) can of course use whatever spelling they want. The Scots may well chauvinistically refuse to recognize the legitimacy of Canada using the same spelling as them, but dictionaries do.""The whole thing is rather silly anyway. A few hundred years ago, spelling wasn’t standardized and both spellings (and perhaps others) of the word used mixed willy-nilly, as were the spellings of most other words. At some point, the different regions gravitated toward standardizing on one or the other."

It will bring tears to my eyes at the register! :eek:I hope it is good stuff! A bit out of my price range.

The 12 year is about $42 here, and seems kinda like the 18, but there really is no comparison. I feel your pain, but I had just finished up some hard projects and said to heck with it. I swallowed hard at the register. You're worth it, Tim! Go give yourself a pat on the back and reward yourself!