Aviation

aly 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on figuring out the plane used by Jimmy in "Smugglers Blues"...kind of a hard one...I have 3 possibilities narrowed down...The nose on this plane has been altered somehow..i think!...cause nothing matches up 100%

I have to go with the 1930's......3 possibilities ......1) lockheed xc-35..2)lockheed super electra ,or3)lockheed model 14......windows and nose not quite a lock......anyone wish to help out......a brainbuster for me....!..This should be easy...proving to be extremely difficult..!

I'm still working on figuring out the lpane used by Jimmy in "Smugglers Blues"...However,when Crockett goes to see Billy in Ocala, in the ep. "To Have and To Hold",he flies there in a Boeing 747...

• 2 weeks later...

In "One Way Ticket",Thurman flies a Learjet 35 (variant).....During the scene when he flies while Crockett is at the shooting range,4 ,35's are used to shoot this scene...... These planes were introduced around 1975...This is one quick,cool jet..!

Very nice Maynard....I would love to post pix...but I'm doing this all from my phone....I currently don't have a computer,but I am close to getting one so i can convey more info.Thanks this phot helps alot......

I don't know if anyone picked it up, but there is a difference between the two planes in Smuggler's Blues. The first one in the hangar, the enjines have 3 propeller blades. On the runway in Colombia, the enjines have 2 propeller blades.Looks like it's from the Lockheed 14's range.

I don't know if anyone picked it up' date=' but there is a difference between the two planes in Smuggler's Blues. The first one in the hangar, the enjines have 3 propeller blades. On the runway in Colombia, the enjines have 2 propeller blades. Looks like it's from the Lockheed 14's range.[/quote'] .......I currently don't have"Smugglers Blues".I lent the 1st season to a friend..I can't wait to take a look at this plane again.Maybe i'll dust off my vhs collection.....and check it out.lol

I watched "Down For the Count" part 2...The plane that Denny is in when Gina and Trudy"pay him a visit" is a Consolidated PBY Catalina,first introduced in 1936..Almost 2 dozen are still used today.......(mostly private)..many can be seen in aviation museums all over the world,including several parts of Florida......

I watched "Down For the Count" part 2...The plane that Denny is in when Gina and Trudy"pay him a visit" is a Consolidated PBY Catalina' date='first introduced in 1936..Almost 2 dozen are still used today.......(mostly private)..many can be seen in aviation museums all over the world,including several parts of Florida......[/quote']Good detective work. :clap:

In "One Way Ticket"' date='Thurman flies a Learjet 35 (variant).....During the scene when he flies while Crockett is at the shooting range,4 ,35's are used to shoot this scene...... These planes were introduced around 1975...This is one quick,cool jet..![/quote'] ...I saw one of these today....It was way louder than i had expected....This is definately not something you see everyday......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jacksons plane is an LA250 Renegade.It is also seen in"Freefall".C&T blow up Borbone in it at the end.A Douglas DC3 also shows up earlier in the ep. too...

• 1 month later...

In"Brothers Keeper"Calderone's escape aircraft is a Grumman G-73T turbo mallard...A G 73 is also used in the closing credits of the same ep....Grumman is also the maker of the F 14 Tomcat........{Great Plane}....Arthur"Pappy"Chalk...founded Chalks Airlines in 1917....

"Hostile Takeover"Burnett meets Salazar on an airstrip....on the ground is a Douglas DC -3..The helicopter that Burnett arrives in is a Bell 206L Longranger

...I saw one of these today....It was way louder than i had expected....This is definately not something you see everyday......

There is one at Museum of flight in Seattle, WA. Great museum if you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
There is one at Museum of flight in Seattle' date=' WA. Great museum if you get a chance.[/quote'] Thanks a lot..I'm always looking for different museums to go to in my lifetime......the Wright Patterson Airforce Base has been my favorite.....Dying to see Andrews AFB in Washington.....Seattle...maybe,may...be...!

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought the aircraft in 'Smuggler's Blues' was a Beechcraft 18. I never thought to look closely at it. It could be a lockheed. Now I'm curious.

I was looking at some stuff earlier and you`re right...It isn`t a Lockheed at all...It is (at least it looks like)a Beechcraft C 45 Expeditor Utility/Trainer aircraft.....

Just stating the obvious"When IrishEyes Are Crying"...Concorde...Retired in 2003...Has anyone seen this particular aircraft in the air...?

I did some years ago at Heathrow. I first heard this ungodly loud roar and turned to see this ungainly looking airplane making its takeoff roll. It's the loudest plane I can ever recall hearing.