JSCrockett`s MV life

JSCrockett

Glad you liked it!And its pretty cool to watch MV when you feel like being in the show.The plan is to do this in more rooms in blue and pink(if I find) also.

May I ask JSCrockett: Are these lightbulbs or LED or is it real neon?I did colour my rooms very similar: (Some of you might already know)http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15122-Started-to-add-neon-to-the-house-is-it-quot-Vice-worthy-quot/page4&highlight=NEONSYou need to scroll a little bit down...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JSCrockett

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Christian

• Brother in Arms

May I ask JSCrockett: Are these lightbulbs or LED or is it real neon?I did colour my rooms very similar: (Some of you might already know)http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15122-Started-to-add-neon-to-the-house-is-it-quot-Vice-worthy-quot/page4&highlight=NEONSYou need to scroll a little bit down...

It is lightbulbs, but I would like to have neon, but I haven`t found anything yet.I haven`t seen your pictures before, but they look cool. :thumbsup:Are you satisfied, and what do people say when they visit you? You know any websites that sells colored light bulbs, LED or neon?

It is lightbulbs' date=' but I would like to have neon, but I haven`t found anything yet.I haven`t seen your pictures before, but they look cool. :thumbsup:Are you satisfied, and what do people say when they visit you? You know any websites that sells colored light bulbs, LED or neon?[/quote']Oh those are lightbulbs, very nice colours they're spending!:thumbsup:Lightbulbs you can find in all colours in a DIY-store over here in germany. For my house i was going with LED's because my "mentor:)" COOPER&BURNETT told me all I needed to know. But for one room (kitchen) I installed a old school real Neon-tube witch I want to replace by LED's as well in the future.LED's are very economical and remain cold and don't heat up like bulbs or neons, so you can install them in nearly every space you want to.If you like the coloured bulbs:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gluhbirne-gelb-grun-blau-rot-orange-lila-bunt-Gluhlampe-/200567783812?pt=DE_M%C3%B6bel_Wohnen_Leuchtmittel&var=&hash=item746afe105aGerman products but they sell worldwide.If you like NEONS for example:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Leuchtstab-GRUN-138-cm-Neonrohre-Leuchtrohre-Neonstab-/380285483486?pt=DE_M%C3%B6bel_Wohnen_Leuchtmittel&hash=item588ac7f9deShipping within European Union If you want to go for LED's (with colour-change function!) like my man COOP and I did, this may be the right thing:http://www.amazon.de/Kapego-Mix-It-Set-LED-Stripe/dp/B002RBR922/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1337299621&sr=8-12Sorry I mainly picked German products, but If you have any problem with the translation or the language it would be an honour for me to help you out.I wish you the best for your Miami Vice-Style lighting JSCrockett!!!Oh sorry your question about if I am satisified!-Yes, I am very satisfied with my LED-systems!They look sooo cool!What people say?!?:) Okay...some of my friends think it's a little weird to fill your house with coloured lights, but they are not into MIAMI VICE!But the majority of my guests goes like: "Hey cool light's! I like it ,very nice!":)So you gotta decide pal!!!;)

Some other episodes also featured the green lighting.

That`s where I first saw how cool lit up colored rooms look, and now I am finally doing it! :cool:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gluhbirne-gelb-grun-blau-rot-orange-lila-bunt-Gluhlampe-/200567783812?pt=DE_M%C3%B6bel_Wohnen_Leuchtmittel&var=&hash=item746afe105aGerman products but they sell worldwide.If you like NEONS for example:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Leuchtstab-GRUN-138-cm-Neonrohre-Leuchtrohre-Neonstab-/380285483486?pt=DE_M%C3%B6bel_Wohnen_Leuchtmittel&hash=item588ac7f9deShipping within European Union If you want to go for LED's (with colour-change function!) like my man COOP and I did, this may be the right thing:http://www.amazon.de/Kapego-Mix-It-Set-LED-Stripe/dp/B002RBR922/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1337299621&sr=8-12Sorry I mainly picked German products, but If you have any problem with the translation or the language it would be an honour for me to help you out.I wish you the best for your Miami Vice-Style lighting JSCrockett!!!Oh sorry your question about if I am satisified!-Yes, I am very satisfied with my LED-systems!They look sooo cool!What people say?!?:) Okay...some of my friends think it's a little weird to fill your house with coloured lights, but they are not into MIAMI VICE!But the majority of my guests goes like: "Hey cool light's! I like it ,very nice!":)So you gotta decide pal!!!;)

Thanks a lot for the links. It was actually lightbulbs with LED inside.I was out shopping with my girlfriend on IKEA (I hate IKEA), but they actually had LED stripes which can change color, so I bought one. I am wondering how it will look later when it gets dark. I put one behind the sofa. I think I will buy NEON lights to have behind/under the sofa so you can see the light under the sofa and behind on the wall. Or do you have a better idea?The ultimate thing would be to have neon lights like Duddy in lend me an ear. In Pink, Blue and Green. I will definitely buy if I find.What people think of my style and what I like is not a big issue for me. I will do this even if people hate it :)

I am wondering how it will look later when it gets dark. I put one behind the sofa. I think I will buy NEON lights to have behind/under the sofa so you can see the light under the sofa and behind on the wall. Or do you have a better idea?The ultimate thing would be to have neon lights like Duddy in lend me an ear. In Pink' date=' Blue and Green. I will definitely buy if I find.[/quote']I did exactly the same and installed a 4 m LED strip behind my couch lighting in the upper direction.COOP also installed LED's under the sofa.I believe that neon is only the better way to go, when you are able to see the actual tube.If you have only indirect lighting where you can't see the light source, LED is the best solution, because it fits in every little space.But the LED strip ain't a beauty itself- just it's light!:)Those neons shown in Duddy's house are extremly rare. COOPER&BURNETT was able to buy a big neon sculpture that comes very close to duddy's stuff in my opinion it is even more beautiful.But I guess those sculptures are very rare and expensive.You asked me for more ideas- you can backlight anything like it was done in the show.As long as it looks good!For example signs,glasblocks,sofas,wallpictures,mirrors,handrails,boards,....maybe I'll shoot some pictures of my stuff...I'm lookin forward to see your backlighted sofa pal!

Okay I was trying to do some shots,but it always wasn't as good looking as in reality because of my ****ty phonecamera...:cry:Anyway: :p

post-9603-13892964486434_thumb.jpg

post-9603-13892964487367_thumb.jpg

post-9603-13892964488305_thumb.jpg

post-9603-1389296448926_thumb.jpg

What is you favorite picture/outfit?Once more' date=' thank you very much for your kind words. :thumbsup:[/quote'] :shout: Hi JSCrockett!Ooops, it appears I've overlooked this past question, in your response to me! :oHere is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE outfit of yours, so far:
Haven`t used this suit in a long while' date=' but I am bringing this to Miami and the Carlyle. My light blue t-shirt wasn`t clean so just had to take some other. The sunglasses are 5512 12 125 EP[ATTACH=CONFIG']2042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2041[/ATTACH]
PURE CROCKETT STYLE! :clap::clap::clap::rauchen:The purple t-shirt works well.....even if you didn't intend on wearing it, initially. ;)
A suit I bought last summer. Silver with white stripes. Similar to the one from Brother`s Keeper' date=' but this is slim fit.[ATTACH=CONFIG']5624[/ATTACH]
I also love this classy jacket and blazer. :clap:You definitely have an eye for style......but more importantly, you know how to wear 'own' the look. ;)I love your thread. :happy: It's great to see you back, matey. :cheers:

I did exactly the same and installed a 4 m LED strip behind my couch lighting in the upper direction.COOP also installed LED's under the sofa.I believe that neon is only the better way to go' date=' when you are able to see the actual tube.If you have only indirect lighting where you can't see the light source, LED is the best solution, because it fits in every little space.But the LED strip ain't a beauty itself- just it's light!:)Those neons shown in Duddy's house are extremly rare. COOPER&BURNETT was able to buy a big neon sculpture that comes very close to duddy's stuff in my opinion it is even more beautiful.But I guess those sculptures are very rare and expensive.You asked me for more ideas- you can backlight anything like it was done in the show.As long as it looks good!For example signs,glasblocks,sofas,wallpictures,mirrors,handrails,boards,....maybe I'll shoot some pictures of my stuff...I'm lookin forward to see your backlighted sofa pal![/quote']As you can see, my actual PINK neon light is the exact same as seen in MIAMI VICE in BABY BLUES!http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15833-MIAMI-VICE-NEON-SCULPTURE!/page5

I did exactly the same and installed a 4 m LED strip behind my couch lighting in the upper direction.COOP also installed LED's under the sofa.I believe that neon is only the better way to go' date=' when you are able to see the actual tube.If you have only indirect lighting where you can't see the light source, LED is the best solution, because it fits in every little space.But the LED strip ain't a beauty itself- just it's light!:)Those neons shown in Duddy's house are extremly rare. COOPER&BURNETT was able to buy a big neon sculpture that comes very close to duddy's stuff in my opinion it is even more beautiful.But I guess those sculptures are very rare and expensive.You asked me for more ideas- you can backlight anything like it was done in the show.As long as it looks good!For example signs,glasblocks,sofas,wallpictures,mirrors,handrails,boards,....maybe I'll shoot some pictures of my stuff...I'm lookin forward to see your backlighted sofa pal![/quote']I will try with a different light strip than the one i bought, because I feel the light was a little weak. You are probably right. I would like to have some neon lamps that could lit up the rooms like Duddys house but I still haven`t seen something similar. LED strips is only light as you say, looks very ugly :)

Okay I was trying to do some shots' date='but it always wasn't as good looking as in reality because of my ****ty phonecamera...:cry:Anyway: :p[/quote']I understand what you mean by phone camera :)You have done a good job there! :clap: This is where I want to get.Plan is:A Find a solution for lighting up the couchB Buy lamps that can light up rooms in one color pr room for example (green, blue and pink) C Light up other furniture

ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE outfit of yours, so far:PURE CROCKETT STYLE! :clap::clap::clap::rauchen:The purple t-shirt works well.....even if you didn't intend on wearing it, initially. ;)I also love this classy jacket and blazer. :clap:You definitely have an eye for style......but more importantly, you know how to wear 'own' the look. ;)I love your thread. :happy: It's great to see you back, matey. :cheers:

Hi Juscat!Thanks a lot for your friendly comments!It is quite hard for me to find new blazers because MV style isn`t very common these days. And if I find something it`s not my size. Got two new ones this week that I may post later. Just have to find my photographer :) I am glad you like my thread, will try to update with interesting things as often as possible. This forum is a good place to be, lots of nice people. :thumbsup:

Installed a LED strip on the back of my TV.(Light on the pictures are brighter than real life) Which color do you prefer?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6072[/ATTACH]

post-586-13892964491766_thumb.jpg

post-586-13892964492656_thumb.jpg

Installed a LED strip on the back of my TV.(Light on the pictures are brighter than real life) Which color do you prefer?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6072[/ATTACH]

Blue...the pinks a distraction lol

I like em both! Change them from time to time...As I can see the strip is not very long (maybe 35/40 cm?) To backlight a sofa you need a longer piece. Remember, my couch is about 4m long, the LED-Strip is about 3,70m/ 3,80m. Then you will have enough light! Is there also a dimming-funktion at your strips?Your plan for the future looks very common! You will have a great light in your house!:thumbsup:If you need help contact me...;)BTW:I bought my LED's that I used for my couch here:http://www.skyfield.de/index.php/cat/c102_LED-RGB-Strips-IP44.htmlIP44- indoor <---- (like mine)IP65- indoor use for bathrooms or wet roomsIP67- outdoor IP 68- underwater use

Of the two, I prefer the blue.

I think the pink looks better. :thumbsup:In my opinion, the blue is a little too 'sharp', as a backdrop behind the TV - I would choose a lighter shade of blue. :radar:

http://www.skyfield.de/index.php/cat/c102_LED-RGB-Strips-IP44.htmlIP44- indoor <---- (like mine)IP65- indoor use for bathrooms or wet roomsIP67- outdoor IP 68- underwater use

The strip is actually 1 m long. You can`t see the brighter area in real life and it looks to be as long as the tv. I do not have a dimming function but that would be nice. I will need approx 3,5 m for the couch I think. Will have to measure that. I will check out the link later, hope they ship to Norway!Thanks a lot!

The strip is actually 1 m long. You can`t see the brighter area in real life and it looks to be as long as the tv. I do not have a dimming function but that would be nice. I will need approx 3' date='5 m for the couch I think. Will have to measure that. I will check out the link later, hope they ship to Norway!Thanks a lot![/quote']No problem pal!:pThe LED's that I bought are actually very bright and strong.The one you saw behind my board (green and pink) is 1m also. If I put it in the brightest level (of 3) the light is almost flooding the whole room with light.If there is any problem with shipping to norway I am sure we will find a way.All the best,Christian

Jacket in the Crockett "sailor look". This one goes well with white pantsVery light weight![ATTACH=CONFIG]6112[/ATTACH]

post-586-13892964538537_thumb.jpg

Another Crockett sailor look blazer.This one is waist length but more off white with same colored stripes as the first.It doesn`t go that well with white, but goes better with tan or gray/beige pants.It is extremely light weight![ATTACH=CONFIG]6113[/ATTACH]

post-586-13892964539438_thumb.jpg

Great pics, JSCrockett. I never saw this thread before and now I've seen every page, every photo. Your trip to Miami looked like a good one. Awesome work with the Crockett clothes. I have a white jacket, but I need to add a few items. Hard to find just the right one(s). Keep up the good work and I hope you get back to Miami soon.

Great pics' date=' JSCrockett. I never saw this thread before and now I've seen every page, every photo. Your trip to Miami looked like a good one. Awesome work with the Crockett clothes. I have a white jacket, but I need to add a few items. Hard to find just the right one(s). Keep up the good work and I hope you get back to Miami soon.[/quote']Thanks a lot Charlie, appreciate it! It was a great trip, planning a new one next year.I still have blazers, t-shirts, pants and shoes that haven`t been pictured. Probably more than I have published in this thread. I am currently working on getting my new house Viced up. The good things are really hard to find, and usually quite expensive. :cry:I will, and Vice up your life! :thumbsup: