The worst guest star

aly 7

O.K., you want to know about "MRS. TEPPER", and how she got the acting part?O.K., here goes...Her name is Denise Allen, and she came to MIAMI from NEW YORK specifically to be on MIAMI VICE so she could get her (SAG) SCREEN ACTORS GUILD card. You can only get it by having a speaking part in TV or FILMS. Having the card can open doors.She states, "I was laying in bed one morning in a depressed state because I hadn't gotten to first base yet and the phone rang. On the third ring, I picked it up and it was DEE MILLER (the casting director for the show), asking me to read for a part on VICE." She tried out for DANNY TEPPER's wife, KATIE TEPPER. It included three scenes, one with Crockett and Tubbs, and one line."I prepared for about 45 minutes out in the parking lot at Dee's studio, and then I went in and read in front of the camera. As usual, I wasn't satisfied with my work and thought I'd blown it. But Dee's assistant told me she liked what I had done and wanted me to meet NICOLELLA that night."She went over to her acting teacher's house for some coaching, then that evening went to her reading. "There were probably 5 women trying out for the part. John Nicolella was just great and I felt very relaxed until after I'd read. I was so sure I messed up. I drove over to COCONUT GROVE and immediately applied for a job as a waitress."But when she got home, there was a call from Nicolella telling her to return. So she did. "Then the pressure was really on, because there was only one other girl and me. I read again and was positive I hadn't gotten the part. I waited, and waited and two weeks later, Dee Miller called me. She wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving town. I asked her who Nicolella was leaning toward, me or the other girl, and Dee said it looked like I had a good chance and that she'd let me know by Monday."The Big day rolled around. "I just went about my business that day, trying not to think about it. I kept telling myself, 'Hey, no big dea. It's just a part. It just means my SAG card, that's all.' But then when I came home, Dee called and said I'd gotten the part. I was ecstatic."But she had to wait another week to find out when her scenes would be shot. She visited the set one day and met DANNY SULLIVAN, who told her he was leaving the next evening for CALIFORNIA. "That meant if they didn't shoot the next day, my scene would be cut."Her scenes in FLORENCE ITALY were finally shot the following evening. "What's ironic is that the scenes I originally read for had been cut, and rewritten. It turned out that I wasn't in a scene with CROCKETT and TUBBS, which was disapointing. But there's no question when I got back to New York with my videotape and the credit on MIAMI VICE, it'll open doors. Now I'm in the union."-COOP

• Like 1

Thought she was in Give A Little' date=' Take A Little, as the informant's wife.[/quote']Nope.

O.K.' date=' you want to know about "MRS. TEPPER", and how she got the acting part?O.K., here goes...Her name is Denise Allen, and she came to MIAMI from NEW YORK specifically to be on MIAMI VICE so she could get her (SAG) SCREEN ACTORS GUILD card. You can only get it by having a speaking part in TV or FILMS. Having the card can open doors.She states, "I was laying in bed one morning in a depressed state because I hadn't gotten to first base yet and the phone rang. On the third ring, I picked it up and it was DEE MILLER (the casting director for the show), asking me to read for a part on VICE." She tried out for DANNY TEPPER's wife, KATIE TEPPER. It included three scenes, one with Crockett and Tubbs, and one line."I prepared for about 45 minutes out in the parking lot at Dee's studio, and then I went in and read in front of the camera. As usual, I wasn't satisfied with my work and thought I'd blown it. But Dee's assistant told me she liked what I had done and wanted me to meet NICOLELLA that night."She went over to her acting teacher's house for some coaching, then that evening went to her reading. "There were probably 5 women trying out for the part. John Nicolella was just great and I felt very relaxed until after I'd read. I was so sure I messed up. I drove over to COCONUT GROVE and immediately applied for a job as a waitress."But when she got home, there was a call from Nicolella telling her to return. So she did. "Then the pressure was really on, because there was only one other girl and me. I read again and was positive I hadn't gotten the part. I waited, and waited and two weeks later, Dee Miller called me. She wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving town. I asked her who Nicolella was leaning toward, me or the other girl, and Dee said it looked like I had a good chance and that she'd let me know by Monday."The Big day rolled around. "I just went about my business that day, trying not to think about it. I kept telling myself, 'Hey, no big dea. It's just a part. It just means my SAG card, that's all.' But then when I came home, Dee called and said I'd gotten the part. I was ecstatic."But she had to wait another week to find out when her scenes would be shot. She visited the set one day and met DANNY SULLIVAN, who told her he was leaving the next evening for CALIFORNIA. "That meant if they didn't shoot the next day, my scene would be cut."Her scenes in FLORENCE ITALY were finally shot the following evening. "What's ironic is that the scenes I originally read for had been cut, and rewritten. It turned out that I wasn't in a scene with CROCKETT and TUBBS, which was disapointing. But there's no question when I got back to New York with my videotape and the credit on MIAMI VICE, it'll open doors. Now I'm in the union."-COOP[/quote']I think it's interesting when you know the back story on how someone got a job on vice. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. :thumbsdown: All the ridiculous faces he made while killing Vanity's character. :eek:

...I went to many wrestling matches as a kid...His charactor "acting" was exactly the same.....I laughed like mad.....

...I went to many wrestling matches as a kid...His charactor "acting" was exactly the same.....I laughed like mad.....

Albano's acting makes a scene that director DJ intended as cold, chilling and brutal, unintentionally funny.

Guest myonlyvice

I can't stand the girl who played Dorothy Bain in "Buddies". It's funny (and a bit insulting to people from New Jersey) that they seem to blame her curious speech on her Jersey origins. New Jersey is home to one of the nation's largest immigrant populations though so maybe this works.

I can't stand the girl who played Dorothy Bain in "Buddies". It's funny (and a bit insulting to people from New Jersey) that they seem to blame her curious speech on her Jersey origins. New Jersey is home to one of the nation's largest immigrant populations though so maybe this works.

That's what I figured. She had more of an Eastern European accent, to me. If there's anyone in Buddies who sounds like they're from New Jersey, it's Frankie Valli's character.

Guest myonlyvice
That's what I figured. She had more of an Eastern European accent' date=' to me. If there's anyone in Buddies who sounds like they're from New Jersey, it's Frankie Valli's character.[/quote'] She's Hungarian.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 8/5/2010 at 1:18 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

The cameraman's son RB (rick bravo) who was there, once told us on the "other site" that Burt Young had been drinking quite a bit on, and off the set. He stated that he was, in fact, intoxicated. It might explain things.

Cool anecdote! It explains a lot.  :)

On 8/6/2010 at 1:09 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Danny Sullivan.I always thought Danny Sullivan - Danny Tepper in FLORENCE ITALY was not very convincing or good as an actor. (Then again, he's not an actor, but a driver.)

Danny Sullivan is my top choice.  Does the guy even have a pulse?  :thumbsdown:

I actually think Bill Russell was slightly worse in "The Fix", because he was emotionless AND he came off as really dumb. He's supposed to be a freakin' judge!

But I give the award to Sullivan because he ruined what should have been a great episode.  They must have spent a fortune filming this ep and it should have been a highlight of Season 2, only to have Sullivan drag it down into mediocrity. 

Edited by airtommy

I give it to James Brown in Missing Hours (enjoyed his music, anyone remember the "James Brown dance?") but couldn't understand what he was saying.  He seemed to be wondering what he was supposed to do.  Good question.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Roberto Duran (Moroto in "Payback") was pretty bad. They were wise to kill him off after the intro!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The son in “Miami Squeeze”. :wuerg:

Ha ha yes - also I watched “Killshot” last nite and I thought Tico, the Jai-Alai star,  was a poor actor... 

In “The Fix” Judge Ferguson’s Son was terrible :dance::hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 11:36 PM, Dadrian said:

The son in “Miami Squeeze”. :wuerg:

Thank you.  My first response.  Danny Villareal aka Lil' Puppet was absolutely horrible.  His delivery reminded  me of Lombard's grandson, which I can forgive in a kid, but not full-grown actor.

Also I was surprised by how bad Burt Young was.  It was almost as if he thought they were in rehearsal doing line readings.

• Like 1

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

Thank you.  My first response.  Danny Villareal aka Lil' Puppet was absolutely horrible.  His delivery reminded  me of Lombard's grandson, which I can forgive in a kid, but not full-grown actor.

Also I was surprised by how bad Burt Young was.  It was almost as if he thought they were in rehearsal doing line readings.

It had been said by an ex camera man that was on our other forum that while filming on the set Burt was extremely drunk which appeared to be his standard MO. The scenes of him drinking supposedly contained real alcohol.

At least he didn't go "Yo Adrian!" 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, timm525 said:

It had been said by an ex camera man that was on our other forum that while filming on the set Burt was extremely drunk which appeared to be his standard MO. The scenes of him drinking supposedly contained real alcohol.

At least he didn't go "Yo Adrian!" 

Yes indeed.   What other forum are you referring to btw?