Castillo's mustache in "Duty and Honor"

Guest myonlyvice

Brilliant!

EJO and Tom Selleck are the only members of this elite and honored club! :)Come to think of it, how many people here thought EJO's mustache at the end of Freefall looked fake?

Guest myonlyvice
EJO and Tom Selleck are the only members of this elite and honored club! :)Come to think of it' date=' how many people here thought EJO's mustache at the end of Freefall looked fake?[/quote'] Never noticed it in that ep. When I make my way around to S5 again I'll look for it.

Do you think his mustache was fake throughout the series? I never considered this.

If it was' date=' Mann and Co. must have spent as much on fake facial hair as they did on C&T's wardrobe, because it sure looked real to me.Even an EJO comedy impersonation needs a mustache!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3RPCljNLRQ

:)

Guest myonlyvice
[COLOR="Purple"">

Committed stash wearers won't usually shave it off...looks like heavy makeup if you look really close' date=' lip looks different than in "Stand and Deliver.":)[/color']

Castillo's mustache is one bad piece of bush. I don't see how they could possibly conceal that thing without it looking absolutely comical. I was looking pretty closely before I started this thread but I'll go look again. Thanks for responding; seems like the majority of my threads don't strike much of a chord.

Guest myonlyvice
[COLOR="Purple"">

Committed stash wearers won't usually shave it off...looks like heavy makeup if you look really close' date=' lip looks different than in "Stand and Deliver.":)[/color']

Just rewatched that scene and, if there's a concealed mustache above Castillo's lip, the makeup person deserved an Emmy. You could even see the two vertical lines that naturally run from the base of the nose to the upper lip. Wish I knew the technical name for those lines. Any anatomy whizzes want to step up?

Just rewatched that scene and' date=' if there's a concealed mustache above Castillo's lip, the makeup person deserved an Emmy. You could even see the two vertical lines that naturally run from the base of the nose to the upper lip. Wish I knew the technical name for those lines. Any anatomy whizzes want to step up?[/quote'] Either that, or they filmed the Castillo flashback at an earlier date so EJO could grow back the mustache in time for his present-day scenes?? ?(

Guest myonlyvice
Either that' date=' or they filmed the Castillo flashback at an earlier date so EJO could grow back the mustache in time for his present-day scenes?? ?([/quote'] I thought about that. I checked the principal filming dates in the glossary and compared them to those of episodes before and after and they were all in chronological order. I guess it's possible if the teaser was filmed at a different time such a shoot might not qualify as "principal filming" and therefore the dates listed would not apply. What we really need is somebody who was associated with season three's production to comment.

• Administrators

"Stand & Deliver" was released in March of 1988 so filming would be in 1987, around Vice's 3rd season. It's possible it was shaved for the movie and a fake was needed 'til the real thing grew back.Just a guess.

"Stand & Deliver" was released in March of 1988 so filming would be in 1987' date=' around Vice's 3rd season. It's possible it was shaved for the movie and a fake was needed 'til the real thing grew back.Just a guess.[/quote'] They must have used a very realistic-looking fake! Unlike Tubbs' beard in Borrasca, which was clearly taped on his face only a short 5 minutes before the cameras rolled. :)

Guest myonlyvice
I went ahead and rated this thread 5 stars' date=' just so you know!----------------------------------KGJGWORLD'S #1 CASTILLO FAN[/quote'] Much appreciated, KGJG! I always aim to create threads of 5 star quality but it's hard to do, as it should be. I think this is only my third one ever. I hope we never get to the point where we suffer from "5 star inflation" here. Let's keep 'em worthy and rare. Out of curiosity, how does one earn the honor of getting to rate threads?

Guest myonlyvice

I looked it up: the ridge between the nose and upper lip is called the "philtrum" The skin around the philtrum is called the "paraphiltrum". If we were making a Miami Vice dictionary an example sentence could be: After shaving his mustache, Castillo's philtrum and paraphiltrum were exposed in the teaser of "Duty and Honor".

Guest myonlyvice
"Stand & Deliver" was released in March of 1988 so filming would be in 1987' date=' around Vice's 3rd season. It's possible it was shaved for the movie and a fake was needed 'til the real thing grew back.Just a guess.[/quote'] Have you got the filming dates for "Stand and Deliver", F-man? This was a great movie, by the way.

Have you got the filming dates for "Stand and Deliver"' date=' F-man? This was a great movie, by the way.[/quote'] EJO's Oscar nomination for that role was well deserved; losing out on the award was not.

• Administrators
Have you got the filming dates for "Stand and Deliver"' date=' F-man? This was a great movie, by the way.[/quote']Unfortunately no I don't. I checked wikipedia and the IMDB but nothing. Does anyone have IMDB Pro?

Much appreciated' date=' KGJG! I always aim to create threads of 5 star quality but it's hard to do, as it should be. I think this is only my third one ever. I hope we never get to the point where we suffer from "5 star inflation" here. Let's keep 'em worthy and rare. Out of curiosity, how does one earn the honor of getting to rate threads?[/quote'] Indeed, Sir!To rate, just log-in, enter the thread, and in the upper right corner you should see a drop-down menu item, "thread tools." The rating becomes an average after several votes.Speaking of rating, I keep meaning to go back and work out my top five episodes (did you see those posts? Setting up that poll was a labor of love by Timm, I think). I voted a long time ago and only picked out one ep. I don't know if I could break it down more.Erm, back on topic: Yes, all things about Castillo are great, some people can do moustaches well. I think you have to be the right age to have one.

• Administrators
...Out of curiosity' date=' how does one earn the honor of getting to rate threads?[/quote']At the top of the page on the pink bar under the title of the thread it says "Rate This Thread". Click on the drop down box and cast your vote.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest myonlyvice

Where can i watch this traser from "Duty and Honor" ?

It's actually part of the episode itself, so if you have access to the episode you're good to go. The "teaser" is the earliest part of the episode; it takes place BEFORE the opening credits.