episodes you tend to skip

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

How many episodes are you likely to skip if you were watching a season in order? For me it's:Seasons 1&2: 0Season 3: 11Season 4: 2-4Season 5: 1 Sometimes I can tolerate "Big Thaw" and "Missing Hours" (primarily because of Izzy), sometimes I can't, hence the "2-4". As for the other episodes I skip, I've seen them enough times by now to know that they only serve to diminish my view of Vice, and I don't like for that to happen. So I prefer to ignore them and stay happy. I don't really want to mention any other episodes by name since I'm not interested in starting a fight or hurting feelings. About season 3, I know 11 seems like a ridiculous number but it's the truth. For me it's the lowpoint.

For me it's hard to say for now, because I've only started my second round of watching DVD's... And the first time I watched all of them in order, for the record. :) (Though I remember dropping some episodes after the first 15 minutes when I watched MV on TV, but can't remember now which ones...?() But I agree about "Big thaw" and especially "Missing hours" - they probably would be the ones to drop for me this time. As for the 1st season I've just finished - 0, all episodes are (more or less) interesting.

The MazePhil the ShillWhen Irish Eyes are CryingMissing HoursThe Big ThawTale of the GoatAmen Send MoneyViking Bikers from HellThe Afternoon PlaneTheresaMiracle Man

• Like 1

Yeah, right, "The Maze"! This is the one I perhaps would skip if I decided to watch season 1 all over again right now. (Though I think to the time I will actually watch it I'll forget much of the information, and will have to watch it ALL again. LOL) It's not bad, but not the one I'd rewatch many times.

The one and only good thing in The Maze worth watching is when Tubbs walks to the hotel singing Living The Book Of My Life. I love watching that scene, the rest i must say is pretty boring, of course for the last 10 minutes where Crockett and the team takes over.

I rather liked the "emotional" part of it, how the gang's leader was gradually breaking down and all that. But the whole episode wasn't so rich and dynamic as others of season 1, IMO.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest myonlyvice
Hear to night' date=' Bad timing, Borrasca, Hard knocks, Jack of all trades, the cell within, miracle man, leap of faith.[/quote'] 23 ways,Would you mind sharing the significance of your name? Is there a Vice connection I'm missing?

I don't skip any of season 1 or 2. There are a few episodes I would watch less than the others, but I love season 1 and 2.Now....3-5 seems like a different show. Crockett is always standing in front pointing his finger. Tubbs is always in the background with nothing to say. The R&B and 80's fun music is gone and the rock unknown music playing. The bright colors and fun / heavy story lines are gone....just dark fake stuff (Bikers, aliens, etc.). Not undercover as often....JMO

• Like 2

• Administrators

"Give A Little, Take A Little", "Made For Each Other", "Florence Italy", "French Twist", Free Verse", "The Cows Of October", "Hell Hath No Fury", "Bad Timing" "Borassca", "Miracle Man", "Leap Of Faith"more than I thought!

Season 1: 0Season 2: 0Season 3: I only like the Willie Nelson episode from season 3, and usually not enough to drag out season three. Maybe I'll watch the two-parter about Zeto.Season 4: 2-4, same as Myonlyvice.Season 5: 1-2, I'll skip 'Miracle man' and the episode where Tubbs and Castillo are working together.

I only own Seasons One thru Four on DVD at the moment but the only episode I skip often is El Viejo, not that's it a bad episode but for continuity reasons I think it's best left off.

• 1 month later...

Bushido, Dutch Oven, The Fix, Biking Vikers From Hell, Amen... Send Money, The Big Thaw, Like a Hurricane, Bad Timing, The Cell Within...I'm sensing a pattern here...

I have ep.s that I like less than others.I honestly watch them all.Every ep.has great moments...Between Izzy and the music it is hard to pass any of them over..

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators

If I'm watching the whole series, I never skip anything. :)

But if I'm watching random episodes, there are a bunch of them which I never end up watching. Mostly from seasons 3, 4, and 5. 

The Cows of October, Missing Hours, Shadow in the Dark, basically all the weird ones.

--Made for each other

--Maze

--Dutch Oven

--The fixx

--Tale of goat

--Free verse

They're all pretty much filler episodes. I end up going back and watching them just so that i have something fresh to watch, if that makes sense. I've seen Evan like a dozen times for example so the episode's that i've only seen 2-3 times feel newer.

Edited by thedeparted94