longest episode intro

Shill

Anyone got the longest intro's list of episodes before the titles roll? Prodigal Son must be up there?

It must be Prodigal son, by a long shot... That was essentially a movie intro.

Prodigal Son is pretty long but Deliver Us From Evil I think is the longest I've seen - it's 2 or 3 seconds short of a full 6 minutes before the intro credits roll. In some ways it cheats of course as it replays the flashback of early Hackman days which we also saw in Forgive Us Our Debts. Prodigal Son is a bit shorter at about 5 and a half mins or so I think - but it is of course all original footage, unlike Deliver Us.

Prodigal Son is pretty long but Deliver Us From Evil I think is the longest I've seen - it's 2 or 3 seconds short of a full 6 minutes before the intro credits roll. In some ways it cheats of course as it replays the flashback of early Hackman days which we also saw in Forgive Us Our Debts. Prodigal Son is a bit shorter at about 5 and a half mins or so I think - but it is of course all original footage' date=' unlike Deliver Us.[/quote']That's what I was thinking.....:rauchen:

• 8 months later...

Shadow in the dark seems long too. I don't think it's the longest, but surely different from the others since there's not a single word spoken: only the beautiful JH cue. I love this ep.!

• Administrators
Shadow in the dark seems long too. I don't think it's the longest' date=' but surely different from the others since there's not a single word spoken: only the beautiful JH cue. I love this ep.![/quote']Pandina that music was actually "Two Rapid Formations" by Brian Eno, not Jan Hammer.

Pandina that music was actually "Two Rapid Formations" by Brian Eno' date=' not Jan Hammer.[/quote']Ooops! Thanks Lou! :oI shouldn't have spent so much time on those beauty & make-up websites, see what happened? Embarassed, yes, but with a flawless pretty face! :thumbsup:

Ooops! Thanks Lou! :oI shouldn't have spent so much time on those beauty & make-up websites' date=' see what happened? Embarassed, yes, but with a flawless pretty face! :thumbsup:[/quote']Very good Pandina:D:D I love your work LOL

Ivory, I watched that one recently and noticed how long the intro was. In fact, this ep had a LOT of "padding," to the point where it is obvious the shooting script did not fill the allotted 48 mins. In addition to the overlong cold open, there's the long motorcycle race down the parking garage, the intermidable car race, then all the time-wasting in the chase at the end.

Ivory' date=' I watched that one recently and noticed how long the intro was. In fact, this ep had a LOT of "padding," to the point where it is obvious the shooting script did not fill the allotted 48 mins. In addition to the overlong cold open, there's the long motorcycle race down the parking garage, the intermidable car race, then all the time-wasting in the chase at the end.[/quote']But the car chases were fun to watch though! But still, point taken and agreed.

Ivory' date=' I watched that one recently and noticed how long the intro was. In fact, this ep had a LOT of "padding," to the point where it is obvious the shooting script did not fill the allotted 48 mins. In addition to the overlong cold open, there's the long motorcycle race down the parking garage, the intermidable car race, then all the time-wasting in the chase at the end.[/quote']I guess you nailed it, VC.The "padding" in it seems uncontrollable. The script running short of the 48 minutes explains to me also that talk between Danny and his wife in the hospital (with that miniature car never to be explained), as Becky freaking out(I know both scenes have been discussed elsewhere in this forum).Each year I like this ep less.

Hope you all had a good weekend!I did some MV watching over the weekend, and…Florence, Italy – 7 min 35secFreefall – 7min 31 secBullet for Crockett – 6min 15secProdigal Son – 4 min 37 secSo, far as I know, “Florence, Italy†is the longest intro. “Freefall†is in second place. I mentioned “Bullet for Crockett†in an earlier post, but that is more than a minute shorter. “Prodigal Son†was also mentioned, but that is quite a bit shorter…

I was tring to get teaser lengths by watching the episodes again but I found a problem, the DVDs also count the time the universal logo takes! Great... sorry to the administrators, I wanted to get you exact times, but here's my findings: "Heart of Darkness"- 4 minutes, 40 seconds. "Cool Running"- 5 minutes, 25 seconds. "Calderone's Return"- 2 minutes, 54 seconds. "Calderone's Demise"- 7 minutes, 13 seconds. "One-Eyed Jack"- 4 minute, 34 seconds.