Dadrian's Next Cover

Dadrian

bought and paid for was my last cover. you can get it on this site in the downloads section.

thanks, matt5. that one was long overdue, but saved in the end by Dashn from jan-hammer.net. hopefully, the cover shouldn't take long at all. It looks like it's gonna be the Marina tune from Great McCarthy.

• Administrators

NO COMMENT! lol!All kidding aside, no matter how long, at least we know that it will be worth the wait!

thanks, ferrariman.i'll try to get started on "Close Race" this week. That's the "Marina" tune. I always thought McCarthy was saying "closed race" until i had the subtiles on the other night. any boating/racing enthusiasts out there? He pronounced it like "cloze race". it obviously means "no ringers" :)

maybe it's a type-o, but the season 1 dvd calls the scene (if you view by scenes from menu) "close race" and the subtitle says "close race". does anybody have a copy of the script? maybe i should just call it "the marina prequel" :)

Yes that beautiful piano theme from Buddies/ Deliver Us From Evil.My request would be the Slow Love Theme version of The New York Theme from throughout "The Prodigal Son " and "The Fix" . That is great.

• Like 1

• Administrators
thanks' date=' ferrariman.i'll try to get started on "Close Race" this week. That's the "Marina" tune. I always thought McCarthy was saying "closed race" until i had the subtiles on the other night. any boating/racing enthusiasts out there? He pronounced it like "cloze race". it obviously means "no ringers" :)[/quote']It is a closed race, meaning by invitation only. At least that's what I always heard. Subtitles make a lot of mistakes.

"closed race" definitely makes more since. does that sound like a good title to you guys? or howabout "marina (1984)". i know: "it really doesn't matter, just get the thing done" :) i've already started work on the song. i guess i'll do "closed race" at least for a working title.

• Administrators
thanks' date=' ferrariman.I'll try to get started on "Close Race" this week. That's the "Marina" tune. I always thought McCarthy was saying "closed race" until i had the subtiles on the other night. any boating/racing enthusiasts out there? He pronounced it like "close race". it obviously means "no ringers" :)[/quote']Subtitles or not, I always interpreted it as a "closed race" meaning by invation only. As stated already. This would make perfect sense since he was smuggling drugs and would not want "anyone" entering.

• Administrators

I figured it fits because the first time we hear it is when Rico meets him.

• 3 months later...

Dadrian, I wanted to let you know that I thought your cover of "Definitely Miami" was great. I discovered it a few months ago. That's one of my favorite episodes, partially because of the score, and I was so disappointed to see that it wasn't included in Jan Hammer's "The Complete Collection". Thanks so much for doing a cover of it.

• Like 1

thanks, MVfan. i share your love of this song/ep.i don't understand how he could not release this, phill the shill, and buddies. that's just me. we all have our faves, like miamijimf with little miss dangerous. all of these songs could be released with no work or editing on jan's part.i wonder what he'll post for christmas this year? let's petition him for an MV song!! we've been nice this year! :)

• Like 1

here's a sound i made on one of my synths.i've added this one to the list. i'll probably do it after "phil gives sarah a ride" (working title). so right now it's "phil the shill", "sarah's ride (another working title)", and "speed (working title)".check it out, i think you'll recognize it:http://www.box.net/shared/xgusz4jhiz