Where to stay in Miami?

MVfan

Matt' date='I'm always looking for good mid-week deals in Miami. I don't normally stay as long as you plan to stay but the deals might still be helpful. Please let me know what you have found. Send by PM if you like. Thanks,[/quote']Of course Jim I will let you know - prices seem better after the boat show. Jim how easy is it to get access to Virginia Key ( sand dunes from "Missing Hours " and view of Miami from "When Irish Eyes " beach - Gina walk?:D

Of course Jim I will let you know - prices seem better after the boat show. Jim how easy is it to get access to Virginia Key ( sand dunes from "Missing Hours " and view of Miami from "When Irish Eyes " beach - Gina walk?:D

Virginia Key is easy and is usually open to the public. If memory serves me right, you can almost drive right up to that spot on the Key. Just check Google Maps. The sand dunes, if they are still there, are another story. I think C Glide and DanJ found them within walking distance from No-Name harbor on Key Biscayne. There is a small sign for No-Name you will see on the wilderness road to the Cape Florida Lighthouse. Its best to ask Charlie and check his website.

• 3 weeks later...

Last July when we went to Miami we stayed at the Colony Hotel. It was actually quite nice!. Look it up on TripAdvisor. If you find my review it will mention me having an allergic reaction to a dish at dinner just outside of the hotel and in my review I stress to readers that the restaurants outside of the SoBe hotels are NOT affiliated with the hotels themselves.....totally different company.We would stay there again. Close to everything and our room was on the second floor half way down the hall on the left and we didn't hear a single thing from the busy Ocean Dr out front. The only down side was the TV didn't work hut we weren't there to frickin watch tv!The Colony Hetol...yeah....give it a shot! Cost me about $120 a night in July.

Last July when we went to Miami we stayed at the Colony Hotel. It was actually quite nice!. Look it up on TripAdvisor. If you find my review it will mention me having an allergic reaction to a dish at dinner just outside of the hotel and in my review I stress to readers that the restaurants outside of the SoBe hotels are NOT affiliated with the hotels themselves.....totally different company.We would stay there again. Close to everything and our room was on the second floor half way down the hall on the left and we didn't hear a single thing from the busy Ocean Dr out front. The only down side was the TV didn't work hut we weren't there to frickin watch tv!The Colony Hetol...yeah....give it a shot! Cost me about $120 a night in July.

Ya that's worth keeping in mind. I wouldn't recommend eating at any of the sidewalk cafes or hotels along Ocean Drive even if you stay there. I have without any problems but a strong stomach and luck is usually on my side. Those places seem a little untrustworthy. Jerry's Famous Deli on Collins Ave and Espanola Way is always good and within walking distance.I would recommend staying at the Essex House, right behind the Clevelander and owned by the same people. You get pool etc privileges at the Clevelander. The Essex is a great old Art Deco place, fully restored, Vice links, and reasonable rates in the off season.

Hi guys, I'm planning my third trip to Miami. On my last trip to new York, I had problem with airfrance and they gave a big voucher discount, about 300€ per person. So I'm planning a trip to Miami just before starting work for Italian summer.Me and my gf will flight to Miami from Venice on the 5th of march and stay there for a week.We slept twice at the clay hotel but I don't know if there are free rooms for that week.Does anyone know a b&b in Miami beach, or downtown( bayside)?When will springbreak start? From the 15th of march or earlier?If someone is there at the time we can meet each other.

Hi guys' date=' I'm planning my third trip to Miami. On my last trip to new York, I had problem with airfrance and they gave a big voucher discount, about 300€ per person. So I'm planning a trip to Miami just before starting work for Italian summer.Me and my gf will flight to Miami from Venice on the 5th of march and stay there for a week.We slept twice at the clay hotel but I don't know if there are free rooms for that week.Does anyone know a b&b in Miami beach, or downtown( bayside)?When will springbreak start? From the 15th of march or earlier?If someone is there at the time we can meet each other.[/quote']March is not a bad month, I believe the rates come down a little in March. Check out the Miami River Inn. I have never stayed there but have heard good things about it and plan to give it a try on my next trip south. Its reasonable, centrally located, and close to a lot of Vice locations. http://vimeo.com/8222973 If you want to stay on SoBe, I suggest the Essex House. Let us know how your trip goes and have fun.

Greetings from ItalyHi, I'm very happy today I booked my new trip to Miami. I had an air France voucher, because in during last trip to ny I had problems, delay , flight cancelled ecc..I'm arriving to the sunny Miami on the 5th of march and I'll come to back to Italy on the 13rd march.I went twice to the clay hotel, but this time it was so expensive and I decided to good a little bit norther on 39th street. This area is called mid beach and the hotel name is "ocean spray". I don't care about how far is from south beach because Collins avenue is well served with public transportation. This year I want to see Miami heat vs Orlando magic, now I'm looking for the tickets.On Saturday i'll met the international police association members of Florida, because I'm an Italian member and I bring them a gift from our section.If there's someone in Miami by this time we can meet each other!Thank youAlessio

• 5 months later...

I went there in april. I rented a tiny appartment 2 blocks from the beach for cheap on airbnb.comI was 5 min away by walking from ocean drive.Best real life MV feeling ever.Loved it.

Just checked put airbnb (they have a great iOS app). Looks like a perfect way of finding a place close to some great MV locations. There is even a place where you can sleep at a boat. Prices seem fair (about 75 Euro per night)

Just checked put airbnb (they have a great iOS app). Looks like a perfect way of finding a place close to some great MV locations. There is even a place where you can sleep at a boat. Prices seem fair (about 75 Euro per night)

Good information here :thumbsup::cool::D

Yes i highly recommend airbnb. You live like a local in miami beach.Hard to beat. I walked through the streets and felt like in a mv episode.