What happend to Rbravo site?

cigarette

• Administrators

Rick closed it down a long time ago. He made a post about it's closing on .org

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Nope. He requested that it be removed from .org when he decided he didn't want to play nice anymore and be part of the group.

Nope. He requested that it be removed from .org when he decided he didn't want to play nice anymore and be part of the group.

What happend? Why did he do that... Why "turn" and delete his own site and the stuff on org... why do this to us?

I don't know the specifics....I get the feeling that it is best left alone the reasons that he left, but I do agree that I miss his insights and great pictures/stories from the first two seasons. Perhaps one day he will return.

• Administrators
I get the feeling that it is best left alone the reasons that he left' date=' but I do agree that I miss his insights and great pictures/stories from the first two seasons. Perhaps one day he will return.[/quote']I miss his stuff too. Rick brought a lot of great stuff to our site. Things that nobody else could but as time progressed it was the endless fighting, the negative attitude and our disagrement on how it all should be handled that led to his exit. Others will try to tell you a different version but that's how it went down and there are plenty of members still around who can back up my story. That's the short version and really all that needs to be said about it. I'm not rehashing it all. Aside from that Rick had decided to shut down his own website long before any of this happened and I felt that it was only right to respect his request that I remove his section of the forum. As for his return, I doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if they had the ability to think for themselves, they'd still be around. But they wanted to be loyal henchmen instead.

About his constant bitching about how DJ was temperamental and a prima donna etc., all I have to say is good, I'm glad he was. It got results with the great performances he gave on the show. All great actors are temperamental.If they weren't then the world would be full of talentless little b!tch actors like Orloondo Bland and Josh Fartnett.

• Administrators

I won't comment on most of the members but Hutch, even though he was a friend of RB's left for other reasons. He and I spoke via phone several times. He was a great guy, was able to think for himself (if you catch my drift) and I really miss him!

As much as I disagreed with Mr. Bravo(if that was his real name) and disliked his tantrum throwing, his website was very useful to me in finding what Vice locations I was going to see when I was planning my first trip to Miami in December '07. One downside is it was only the first two seasons. It missed out on all the great locations from seasons 3, 4 & 5. He made a couple of errors too, the location of the Milk Run hotel and he said that Jerry's Famous Deli was used for the club in Dutch Oven. It wasn't. Still, it was a very good site.

• Administrators

I don't think anyone would argue the value of the information or content he provided, just the manner in which he provided it.I really enjoyed his site too.

Rick was always a sweetheart to me. He even mailed me one of his dvd's of all the vice pictures he had along with a soundtrack. I treasure that.As for Hutch, well, he was a nice friend too. It's too bad he left for what ever reasons.

R.B.I didn't want to stir up old wounds, so I didn't comment for a while.All I want to say is that..... Rick's contributions to MV. org were tremendous! It is too bad he became so bitter with Don's fans that he resorted to name calling & sarcastic & even filthy insinuations.He disagreed with me a few times & felt that I was naive, but he never cursed me out, since I always answered him with respect. I wish it all never got to this point, because I do miss the Rick Bravo that first joined .org! :cry:

• Administrators
I wish it all never got to this point' date=' because I do miss the Rick Bravo that first joined .org! :cry:[/quote']Amen Tony.

I don't know the guy, but the name is familiar from our MV trips - probably heard his name mentioned then. He must have contributed a lot to mv.org. I wonder why he decided to go down the negative road:confused:

Listen, here's something I've never shared before: it was Rick's site that led me to .org. It's true, I stumbled upon his site first then visited .org because of all his references to it. So, for that, I owe him a huge debt.His old site was an absolute treasure for Vice fans. The thing was like a cyber-museum. You could go there and just get lost "walking" around all the stuff. It was truly amazing. I even asked him a few questions on .org and got some surprising answers (he liked Frank Zappa, which I never saw coming). But I learned it was like trying to pet the neighbor's temperamental dog. You had to approach him with such reverence and carefully couch ever word, after a while it just wasn't worth it.As for why he "went negative," I have no idea. And I'm sure the man himself would hate the idea of being psychoanalyzed. But, to me, it's easy to see how, if you put as much love and care into a Web site as he did, and generously open yourself up to share your knowledge of Vice, then suddenly realize you're spending a lot of time answering questions about a guy you don't like or respect, it might start to grate on the nerves. It might feel like your thunder is being stolen all over again. As to why he couldn't understand why fans had more interest in the lead actor than how the camera stayed in focus, I can't offer an explanation for that one.The point is, I have empathy for Rick. I doubt he ever had any for me. And he'd probably tell me he doesn't want mine.I will try very hard to make this my final statement on the subject ever.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Rick was always a sweetheart to me. He even mailed me one of his dvd's of all the vice pictures he had along with a soundtrack. I treasure that.

I got one of those too and I didn't even have to flirt with him.

Guest MetroVice

Sure miss that guy . . .I can say I sure miss ol' RB. I think anyone who knew him, at least here on the site, would say his contributions were absolutely unbelievable. I mean, how many fan sites can say they actually have someone who worked closely on the show you love so much? And I agree with others here that RB was an absolute wealth of information. I truly hated to see him leave but it really had been getting crazier and crazier as time went on. I think I was on the old site maybe a year before he departed and I never really wanted to ask him a question because of *some* of the replies I'd seen him make to others who seemed to ask genuine, valid questions about the show. There was no way I was gonna ask him anything and possibly get shredded to bits the way I saw some of the other seemingly innocent folks get torn apart. I don't think any of us needed that aspect of it.I had been away for a while and upon returning to the old board it was clear *something* had happened in my absence. I never even bothered to ask, just read a little from others and I was able to pretty much extrapolate what had happened. I was truly saddened to see things degrade like this but what are you gonna do?So here we are a few years later and things certainly appear okay (at least to me). I know we'll all miss Rick and all he brought to the site but in the end you can't treat people like dirt and think it's okay and even funny just because you were part of the show we all love so much. Having worked on the set every day doesn't make you immune from good conduct. I know we ALL overlooked a lot of stuff back then because of WHO he was but that only goes so far until something is gonna blow. So as terrible an ending as it was I don't think it was due to anyone here nor was there anything "WE" could do about it. Sometimes all you can do is simply watch the train wreck happen. It's a rather helpless feeling but what are you gonna do? I miss Rick a LOT but I'm thankful as can be for those that are here and their efforts to make this the great site it is. So thank you ALL for all you do to make this the experience what it's been :clap:PS - If I offended anybody then I'm truly sorry. It's not my intention to get a "dig" in about anyone, but rather to simply give my own impression of what I saw and felt at the time. I appreciate you all and I hope my comments don't cause any hard feelings.