Definitely Miami Score

Dadrian

has anyone else noticed how quiet they mixed jan hammer's score on the DVD for Definitely Miami?compared to the original broadcast, the chopped re-runs, or even the imdb.com stream, the "fry an egg on my face" and "ten years ago i would believed in the feds" scenes have the music turned down so low.this really gets on my nerves (obviously :) )if you are reading this, and you have a good mp3 of the Original Broadcast (not the re-run) of the "ten years ago i would have believed in the feds" beach walk with C&T, please pm me.thanks for reading all that :) i feel better now :)

i'm thinking about just breaking into jan's house and stealing any box that says "miami vice" on it. he don't need'em anyway!who's with me? :) :) just kidding, jan...i know you are reading this, you old lurker! :) :)

Have you noticed any difference in the volume level of the score between the original broadcast and the reruns that are shown on Sleuth TV? I have a copy of a Sleuth broadcast burned to DVD, and the score seems easy to hear to me. Honestly, I've watched this episode so many times just so I could listen to that score (and for a few favorite scenes).

Sure! Glad to see that that one's coming up so soon. I'm anxious for the episode reviews to get around to that one. To me, it stands out from the others.

Have you ever noticed this score in Red Tape? The first time I saw that episode, during the scene where McIntyre(?) is talking to Annette Bening's character by the railing, I thought I heard the part of the Definitely Miami score that is heard when Crockett sits down to talk to Callie at the table (when she asks him to leave her alone). I know that Jan Hammer re-used some past scores as the seasons went on, and I was curious if this was one of them.

• 2 months later...
i'm thinking about just breaking into jan's house and stealing any box that says "miami vice" on it. he don't need'em anyway!who's with me? :) :) just kidding' date=' jan...i know you are reading this, you old lurker! :) :)[/quote']I'm sure with you! :):thumbsup:You know, I wonder if we could just ask him to release everything he's made with Miami Vice. I wish he released it in a, say, box-set of 10 CDs (or more?). I would like to hear there some material repeated according to its evolution in time (with progressive overdubbings or rearrangements). So I would like to listen a track like "Brenda" before "Theresa", something like "Mary McDermott's death" (Little Prince) before "Payback", the earlier "Marina" and "Rico's Blues" versions from "McCarthy", the end cue of "Golden Triangle" part II before Viking Bikers from Hell material, and so on. The lesser Jan Hammer "reworked" the tracks, the better for me. I'd like he released the raw material, just passing the tapes to a commercial release, not minding if some cues had only 15 seconds. I really don't like most of his CDs additions/remixings, like the percussion he put into "The Poem" and his "Airport Swap" "improvements". I listen to his "Complete Collection" despite of that, not because of that.Actually, anyone else thinks that way (about a really "complete" collection)? If so, is there any way he'd know about this idea? Does Jan really reads this forum? What makes me sad is that it is an incredible herculean job with top quality he did, and that's still unreleased (and it seems it will keep that way)... I don't think MV material should be "selected". He's one of my all time preferred musicians (long before Vice), so I just want all MV... If he didn't rework it, which I would prefer, it would even be less of a weight to him to carry on such a huge project (90 eps, including John Petersen co-work, which I'd like to have it do).

• Administrators

Unfortunately I don't think it's ever gonna happen. In the meantinme, check out the downloads section here. Dadrian has already covered "Marina" ("McCarthy") the way it should've been and is working on "Brenda" (before it became "Theresa")

• 1 month later...
has anyone else noticed how quiet they mixed jan hammer's score on the DVD for Definitely Miami?compared to the original broadcast' date=' the chopped re-runs, or even the imdb.com stream, the "fry an egg on my face" and "ten years ago i would believed in the feds" scenes have the music turned down so low.this really gets on my nerves (obviously :) )if you are reading this, and you have a good mp3 of the Original Broadcast (not the re-run) of the "ten years ago i would have believed in the feds" beach walk with C&T, please pm me.thanks for reading all that :) i feel better now :)[/quote']it's quite loud on the DVDs I have...these are for UK Region 2.

Very nice material from Dadrian!
Yup' date=' I'll bet Jan Hammer himself wouldn't know the difference![/quote']thanks to you both for these comments i've just now discovered. just that jan knows who i am is pretty cool to me!
it's quite loud on the DVDs I have...these are for UK Region 2.
i've considered getting these, as i have an all region dvd player, but i never knew if it would be different. nice to know! thanks, chum.

Unfortunately I don't think it's ever gonna happen. In the meantinme' date=' check out the downloads section here. Dadrian has already covered "Marina" ("McCarthy") the way it should've been and is working on "Brenda" (before it became "Theresa")[/quote']I love Dadrian's covers so much, I've downloaded them 80 times now!!!Bet nobody else has done that as many times.Great job Wilson, I'm a fan!-COOP

It's over 100 downloads of your music now! ....and counting. Check my profile.I listen to them every time I'm on here. I just minimize the screen, and the music plays while I'm on here writing!Really puts you in the VICE mood. -COOP

In the meantime' date=' check out the downloads section here. Dadrian has already covered "Marina" ("McCarthy") the way it should've been and is working on "Brenda" (before it became "Theresa")[/quote']Hey, this guy is good! Why didn't someone ever tell me about him before :dance2: ?(I'm kidding of course. I'm just regretting that I didn't download Dadrian's tunes and listen to them before. But - I've got them now. Next step - play them in the front office tomorrow, and see what everyone thinks of the artist?!)

I thought JAN HAMMER did covers of DADRIAN WILSON themes. ;)

It sure sounds like he did.I hope nofretz is getting royalties.

:):):)

Speaking of covers....any updates D?

not so good for me lately.i've had the worst case of the flu in nofretz history for the last two weeks. now those symptoms are easing up, and i go to the emergency room with a kidney stone yesterday. i'm still waiting for my 2.5mm "son". i've already named him "ira" (that's me trying to be funny). the ER gave me some good pain meds. ;)sorry you asked? :)"brenda" has been on my mind every day, i've just done very little work on it lately. it's gonna be a good one though. i'll be back on track soon.