Favorite MV Songs

MVfan

What are your favorite songs used in any of the episodes?One of mine is Dangerous Game from Blood & Roses. Great song used for a Testarossa scene, and fitting for the situation Gina was in.

"in the air tonight" from the pilot is the obvious choice.the first ones that come to mind are "in the air tonight", "picture book" from good collar, "holding back the years" from by hooker by crook, and "cry" from definitely miami. if you'll notice, there's a final sequence pattern in my choices (except for the first). if the ep has a good ending with the perfect song, that tends to stick with me.

good ending with the perfect song' date=' that tends to stick with me.[/quote']Same with me which is why "What's love got to do with it" from Return of Calderone II is one of my favs. But I agree "In the air tonight" from the pilot ranks #1.

I agree about the ending sequence songs. Those tend to be the ones I remember, too. Some of my favorite episodes are the ones that had a good song at the end that sort of summarized the tone of the episode.Another one of my favorites is "Brothers In Arms" from "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" - great somber song for the end scene and Hank's character.

Another one of my favorites is "Brothers In Arms" from "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" - great somber song for the end scene and Hank's character.

amen!this is one of the greatest ending sequences of the whole series for me.

• Administrators

Way too many to list but one of my favorites is "Twenty Killer Hurtz" by Gene Loves Jezebel from "Baseballs of Death"

I can´t decide which song I like most. There are too many fantastic songs. But one of my favorites is "What´s love got to do with it" and, of course, "In the air tonight"

Guest neworder

A couple of faves of mine;The Payolas - Eyes of a StrangerUnderworld - Glory Glory * both fantastic songs from badge of dishonor which really did lift my mark i gave the ep when i reviewed it on .orgWard Brothers - Madness of it all * really desperate to find this song in full its greatPeter Gabriel - we do what were told & sledgehammerRobert Plant - little by littleDepeche Mode - never let me down again aggro mixThe Truth - edge of townFunny how a lot of my fave songs come from Season 4, no doubt its the poorest season of vice but there were some fantastic song choices over the season. SJB

yeah, "edge of town" is one of my favorite testarossa scenes, even though they threw in the footage from season 3 (shadow in the dark).that wasn't as bad as the boat chase on "god's work". they threw a clip of the scene from my "mccarthy" cover in there. that's not even a scarab, for crying out loud! :)anyway, sorry to get off subject. i love "edge of town". i got that cd and nothing else on there sounds like it :(

There are so many. I'll give you my favourites from each seasonSEASON ONE: John Waite - Missing You (Heart of Darkness) Russ Ballard - Voices (Calderone's Demise) Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns (Glades) Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It? (Calderone's Demise) Autograph - Turn Up The Radio (Little Prince) ZZTop - Legs (Milk Run) Devo - Going Under (Heart of Darkness) The Tubes - She's A Beauty (Heart of Darkness) Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax Sex Mix (Little Prince) Lionel Richie - All Night Long (Brother's Keeper) Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me (Brother's Keeper) The Blues Project - Catch the Wind (Golden Triangle)Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight (One Eyed Jack) Pointer Sisters - Jump For My Love (One Eyed Jack) George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Bad To The Bone (Nobody Lives Forever) Laura Branigan - Self Control (The Great McCarthy) Glenn Frey - Smugglers Blues (Smugglers Blues)Peter Gabriel - Biko (Evan) Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is (Rites of Passage) SEASON TWO: Roger Daltrey - After the Fire (Sons & Lovers)Public Image Ltd. - The Order of Death (Little Miss Dangerous) Godley & Creme - Cry (Definitely Miami) The Who - Baba O'Riley (Out Where the Buses Don't Run) Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Out Where the Buses Don't Run Kim Mitchell - Go For A Soda (Buddies) Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music (Buddies) The Doors - Break On Through (Back In The World) The Doors - Five To One (Back In The World) The Doors - My Eyes Have Seen You (Back In The World)& all the Doors songs from Back In The World Mike + The Mechanics - Par Avion (Yankee Dollar) The Nobodys - No Guarantees (Buddies) ZZTop - Sharp Dressed Man (Whatever Works)Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City (Prodigal Son) The Blasters - Dark Night (Whatever Works) SEASON THREE: The Damned - In Dulce Decorum (Walk-Alone) Billy Idol - Don't Need A Gun (Down For The Count 2) Corey Hart - Blind Faith (Down For The Count 2) Thinkman - Best Adventures (Red Tape) Depeche Mode - Fly On The Windscreen (El Viejo) Ratt - Dance (Down For The Count 1) Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower (Down For The Count 2) Steve Winwood - There's A River (Down For The Count 1) Steve Miller Band - I Want To Make The World Turn Around (Down For The Count 2) The Who - Eminence Front (Killshot) Iggy Pop - Real Wild One (Killshot) Steve Jones - Mercy (Stone's War) Jackson Browne - Lives In The Balance (Stone's War)The Mission - Wasteland (Theresa) The Pogues - Wilcats of Kilkenny (When Irish Eyes Are Crying) George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Gear Jammer (Walk-Alone) Simply Red - A Picture Book (Good Collar) Peter Gabriel - We Do What We're Told (Forgive Us Our Debts) Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (The Savage) SEASON FOUR: The Truth - The Edge Of Town (Death & The Lady) Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again Agro Mix (Death & The Lady) Depeche Mode - Pleasure Little Treasure (Death & The Lady) The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Rising Sun of Death) Billy Idol - Flesh For Fantasy (Rising Sun of Death) Billy Idol - Sweet Sixteen (Honor Among Thieves) Yello - Moon On Ice (Rising Sun of Death)Echo & The Bunnymen - Bedbugs & Ballyhoo (Mirror Image) Big Pig - Money God (Mirror Image) Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri (Mirror Image) Aerosmith: Ragdoll (Honor Among Thieves) Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over (A Bullet For Crockett)SEASON FIVE: Guns N' Roses - Paradise City (Leap of Faith) Joan Armatrading - Dark Truths (Heart of Night) The Cure - The Kiss (Heart of Night) Public Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours Reanimated Terminator X Getaway Version (Too Much Too Late) Tom Cochrane - Big Leagues (Hard Knocks) The Church - Blood Money (Heart of Night) Tanita Tikaram - Twist In My Sobriety (The Lost Madonna) Eric Clapton - She's Waiting (The Last Madonna) Eric Clapton - Layla (Line of Fire) Iron Maiden - Only the Good Die Young (Line of Fire) Ministry - Stigmata (Line of Fire) Underworld - Underneath the Radar (Hostile Takeover) King Swamp - Year Zero (Freefall) Robert Plant - Ship of Fools (Freefall) Honeymoon Suite - Bad Attitude (Freefall) Joe Cocker - The One (Heart of Night) Iggy Pop - Cold Metal (Bad Timing)

Guest neworder
yeah' date=' "edge of town" is one of my favorite testarossa scenes, even though they threw in the footage from season 3 (shadow in the dark).that wasn't as bad as the boat chase on "god's work". they threw a clip of the scene from my "mccarthy" cover in there. that's not even a scarab, for crying out loud! :)anyway, sorry to get off subject. i love "edge of town". i got that cd and nothing else on there sounds like it :([/quote']Got to correct you there matey, wasn't the boat chase in God's work it was the boat chase in Baseballs of Death lol. :pSJB

Got to correct you there matey' date=' wasn't the boat chase in God's work it was the boat chase in Baseballs of Death lol. :pSJB[/quote']you're right, thanks!

• 2 months later...

Obviously, "Send it to me" by Gladys Knight, right after "Lover" by Roxy Music!Just kidding:):):)I couldn't choose a song without thinking also about the way it's used in its particular scene.So It had to be "Voices" by Russ Ballard.

Hard to pick just one,but here are my favorites:

"Going Under" - DEVO  (Heart of Darkness)

"Voices" - Russ Ballard (Calderone's Demise)

"I Don't Care Anymore" - Phil Collins (No Exit,

"Smuggler's Blues" - Glenn Frey (Smuggler's Blues)

"Evan" - Jan Hammer (Evan)

"Diamond Field" - Pat Benatar (Dutch Oven)

"No Guarantees"-The Nobodys (Buddies),

All the Doors songs (Back In The World)

"Crockett's Theme" -Jan Hammer (Stone's War)

& everything Yello did for the rest of the series.

Edited by agent 47
Spelling and updated the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight, Fleetwood Mac - I'm So Afraid, Karla Bonoff - Cold Wind Blows, Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It. But generally I like every song in Miami Vice.

Mine are:In the Air Tonight (Pilot): the essence of Miami ViceGirls With Guns (Glades): great Ferrari sceneSmuggler's Blues (Smuggler's Blues): makes the ep perfectYou Belong To The City (Prodigal Son): everytime I see that scene I'm speechless!Take Me Home (Prodigal Son): a great ending because we see Sonny & Rico reunite at the airportEminence Front (Killshot): the boat chase at night is even more dramatic

I don't remember posting here,so even if I have,I'm posting again! "Somebody's Watching Me"(Brother's Keeper) "Missing You"(Heart of Darkness) "Crockett's Theme"(Calderone's Return) "I Don't Care Anymore"(No Exit) "Self Control(The actual Laura Branigan song,not the knockoff in the ep.)"(The Great McCarthy) "Turn Up The Radio"(Little Prince) "Smuggler's Blues"(Smuggler's Blues) "I Want To Know What Love Is"(Rites of Passage) "Rhythm of the Heat" and "Evan"(Evan) "Take Me Home"(The Prodigal Son) "Sharp Dressed Man"(Whatever Works) "No Guarantees"(Buddies) All The Doors songs(Back in the World) "Life is a Rat Race"(Phil the Shill) That song that played while Crockett and Tubbs went to the basketball game(The Fix) "That Smell"(Trust Fund Pirates) "Mercy" and "Lives in the Balance"(Stone's War) The music frothe opening deal(Knock,Knock,Who's There?) "I'll Be Your Enemy"(A Bullet For Crockett) "God's Gift"(Indian Wars) the song at the opening party(Hostile Takeover) "The Dogs of War"(Borrasca)