Crockett likes to say pal

2morgen

I have found this clip on you-tube. Someone had the time to edit a lot of pals in this clip and count the pals from the first season: 65!

I didn't know there were so many ways to say "pal"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He, pal, great find!:thumbsup:As Sonny often used the word pal, Rico loved to say man. I would be curious about how often he had used it during the five seasons!:D

Thanks 2morgen' date=' never noticed he used this word THAT much.[/quote']I noticed it straight away, it seemed to be his trademark. Some days ago I re-watched "Wall Street" (1987) and heard that Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko used this word very often, too. I just wonder if it was sheer coincidence or if that phrase was popular in the 1980s. And you're right, pals, that Tubbs often says "man". I'm planning to watch the entire show without subtitles on very soon (I still haven't seen the final two episodes of MV, they are to be released here within the next two weeks) so I'll have to pay extra attention to the dialogues to focus on those linguistic subtleties.It's a pity that the little box on the right shows MV quotations in German only... I know this is a German website, but still, it would be fun to read them in the original version, too - IMHO all those plays on words are lost in translation. :(

• Administrators

pal, great find!:thumbsup:As Sonny often used the word pal, Rico loved to say man. I would be curious about how often he had used it during the five seasons!:D

How about "Chump!"?

Sonny'd most usually call other men "pal." But women he'd call things like "Toots' date='" "Darlin'" and "Lady." :)[/quote'] There was something so sexy about the way he said Darlin.

Sonny'd most usually call other men "pal." But women he'd call things like "Toots' date='" "Darlin'" and "Lady." :)[/quote'] I think he called Candi pal in "Golden Triangle".Not sure but I think this is the only time he refers to a woman as "pal"

P A L PALPALPALPAL *PAL!*I remember in my trainee thread, Ferrariman and a few others called me pal and I was like, "Wow." I just love - how chummy all the Vicers are :cry:

I think he called Candi pal in "Golden Triangle".Not sure but I think this is the only time he refers to a woman as "pal"

LOL he did, watching it right now.

Yeah in Season 1 and 2 he said "pal " a lot - not so much afterward:D

DJ mentioned in an interview that he originally viewed Crockett more as a cowboy and wanted him to wear jeans.Probably where the 'pal' came from.J.

I have a vintage newspaper article from a woman who likes to play the CROCKETT "PAL" DRINKING GAME! :D:D

Is the article posted on here somewhere?I'de love to read it....

Is the article posted on here somewhere?I'de love to read it....

I was wondering when anyone was going to request it. :)It's not on this site, but I would be more than happy to post it for you. I'll try tomorrow, it's too late for me tonight.Thanks for asking about it aly 7! :thumbsup: -COOP

Great video! I came very' date=' very close to making one just like it a few years back, except with Nash Bridges & DJ's "Bubba".[/quote'] That would have been/ will be great too!!!:thumbsup: