Crockett likes to say pal

2morgen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pal is a really cool word. Do any of you guys ever use it in sentences? :thumbsup:

Sure thing pal, but only when I'm trying to get a message across.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

pals, that Tubbs often says "man". I'm planning to watch the entire show without subtitles on very soon (I still haven't seen the final two episodes of MV, they are to be released here within the next two weeks) so I'll have to pay extra attention to the dialogues to focus on those linguistic subtleties.It's a pity that the little box on the right shows MV quotations in German only... I know this is a German website, but still, it would be fun to read them in the original version, too - IMHO all those plays on words are lost in translation. :(

Yes I noticed this as well. Don Johnsons character made it popular in culture and I think Mike Douglas copied it perhaps to use as a condosending tone when he talked to someone? We all started using it as street language in the 80's for real.On another note... Don Johnsons charachter in his following series always called his partner "Bubba" He used this as much as the "Pal" thing. It's all in the character and only dialogue for character development.

• 6 months later...

It's been too long since... I heard someone sayPAL!PALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALVPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPALPAL

• 7 years later...