DJ & PMT Salaries on Miami Vice

mvnyc

I'd like to know what each may be getting in royalties now for sales of DVDs and reruns of the programs on multinational TV.

A nice article!:clap: But I think that it wasn´t fair to pay DJ $90' date='000 and PMT "only" $50,000.[/quote'] Well think of it this way. DJ pretty much owned the show. He pretty much complained about things that he truthfully should've gotten. Plus DJ had more screentime than PMT I think. See, PMT had less screentime, plus he never asked for much. If somebody complained to you so much about their salary, would you pay them to shut them up? I would. PMT seemed fine about his salary if he wasn't complaining.

A nice article!:clap: But I think that it wasn´t fair to pay DJ $90' date='000 and PMT "only" $50,000.[/quote']Yoouuuu PMT fan you! ;):)

Over time MV became the Crockett show, as shown by the difference in his and PMT's salaries. Was it fair?I don't feel it was at all.Personally I think PMT went with the flow, knowing that Wolf probably would've let him go. Had he complained.JM0

Over time MV became the Crockett show' date=' as shown by the difference in his and PMT's salaries. Was it fair?I don't feel it was at all.Personally I think PMT went with the flow, knowing that Wolf probably would've let him go. Had he complained.JM0[/quote'] I don't think that would have gone over well at all! Crockett was absent a lot in Season 5, but Tubbs? I think there was only one episode he didn't appear in. To get rid of his character would have been the end of the show.

I don't think that would have gone over well at all! Crockett was absent a lot in Season 5' date=' but Tubbs? I think there was only one episode he didn't appear in. To get rid of his character would have been the end of the show.[/quote'] Point taken, but we're talking about Dick Wolf here.Still think PMT would've been fired in a heatbeat.

I would think that on any show, the main character gets paid more than the co-star. Just like in the business world...the supervisors & people with more senority get paid more.

I'd like to know what each may be getting in royalties now for sales of DVDs and reruns of the programs on multinational TV.
This may help answer your question' date=' from the Screen Actors Guild:[i']Current residuals for television programs on DVD is 4.5% on the first million in sales and 5.4% thereafter. Residuals for syndicated shows are calculated by episode, based on a percentage of the performer's original pay rate and the number of times the episode has aired.

It does seem somehow ironic that PMT was hired first and then DJ and yet DJ ended up making more money. I wonder if they didn't make the same amount for the first three seasons and then when DJ renegotiated his contract he started making more.:confused:

It does seem somehow ironic that PMT was hired first and then DJ and yet DJ ended up making more money. I wonder if they didn't make the same amount for the first three seasons and then when DJ renegotiated his contract he started making more.:confused:

From what I understand, that's what happened on Starsky & Hutch in the late 1970s. Paul Michael Glaser wanted out of his contract after the second year, they renegotiated, and he ended up making more money, and had more creative control, than his co-star David Soul, even though Soul was hired first.

Current residuals for television programs on DVD is 4.5% on the first million in sales and 5.4% thereafter. Residuals for syndicated shows are calculated by episode, based on a percentage of the performer's original pay rate and the number of times the episode has aired.

Thanks for that info. :thumbsup: Wish I had some idea of the actual revenues generated --then could get some idea of how well off these guys are from residuals.

I would be happy to make 1.1million for working 22 weeks out of the year. He probably could have gotten more but then again, how much money do you need? Life is good. :)

Guest MetroVice

PMT Salary and suchFrom everything I've seen, PMT was ALWAYS thrilled to be a part of Vice from the very beginning all the way up to this very day. He was always happy to be on the set regardless of how much money he was being paid for it.I don't know about DJ but PMT would happily come back for whatever "market salary" they would pay him if there was a remake of the show, as he was always very happy to be working on such a great project. And he KNEW just how great Vice was from the very start, and I personally think PMT wasn't one of those people who always felt the need to always push, push, push for more and more money. I mean, when you're truly happy doing what you're doing in life then it's easy to be quite content working your craft AND enjoying what you are currently being paid.PMT has always been extremely humble when it came to working on Vice. I don't think you could find a more humble individual if you tried. The funny thing is that a long time ago movie actors would NEVER be caught doing TV unless their career was seriously stalled or they were just plain desperate. Nowadays things have done a complete 180 in this regard, as MANY well known actors have and are doing all kinds of TV these days. More-over, it seems to be the in-thing to do. However, PMT has always been happy to work his magic in whatever capacity he was afforded to work in. Again, you couldn't find a more humble actor in the business if you tried.Although it was well known DJ wanted to leave Vice to pursue motion picture acting, I can only wonder what he would say to a revived part in a new Vice remake if offered to him today, as it is equally well known his acting career never really blossomed quite the way he hoped it would [in terms of movies]. Something tells me he would be happy to resume his old role as Crockett, if offered . . .But that's me.

I did this a while back....I did this a while back after reading some articles about their salaries. Phillip Michael ThomasSeason 1 - $25,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 550,000.00 Total for season Season 2 - $25,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 550,000.00 Total for season Season 3 - $50,000.00 per episode 24 episodes $ 1,200,000.00 Total for season Season 4 - $50,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 1,100,000.00 Total for season Season 5 - $50,000.00 per episode 21 episodes $ 1,050,000.00 Total for season Total for five seasons $4,450,000.00 (before taxes)Don JohnsonSeason 1 - $30,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 660,000.00 Total for season Season 2 - $30,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 660,000.00 Total for seasonSeason 3 - $90,000.00 per episode 24 episodes $ 2,160,000.00 Total for season Season 4 - $90,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 1,980,000.00 Total for season Season 5 - $90,000.00 per episode 21 episodes $ 1,890,000.00 Total for season Total for five seasons $7,350,000.00 (before taxes)

Philip Michael ThomasTotal for five seasons $4,450,000.00 (before taxes)Don JohnsonTotal for five seasons $7,350,000.00 (before taxes)

Some drug dealers can make that in a month.

I did this a while back after reading some articles about their salaries. Phillip Michael ThomasSeason 1 - $25' date='000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 550,000.00 Total for season Season 2 - $25,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 550,000.00 Total for season Season 3 - $50,000.00 per episode 24 episodes $ 1,200,000.00 Total for season Season 4 - $50,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 1,100,000.00 Total for season Season 5 - $50,000.00 per episode 21 episodes $ 1,050,000.00 Total for season Total for five seasons $4,450,000.00 (before taxes)Don JohnsonSeason 1 - $30,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 660,000.00 Total for season Season 2 - $30,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 660,000.00 Total for seasonSeason 3 - $90,000.00 per episode 24 episodes $ 2,160,000.00 Total for season Season 4 - $90,000.00 per episode 22 episodes $ 1,980,000.00 Total for season Season 5 - $90,000.00 per episode 21 episodes $ 1,890,000.00 Total for season Total for five seasons $7,350,000.00 (before taxes)[/quote']I never thought to add it up that way. NICE JOB! :clap:(P.S. this is just for salary for Vice, it does not include TV movies, hit songs and albums, or motion picture when VICE wasn't filming. They actually made a lot more money than just their VICE salaries. BTW, didn't DJ just get awarded something like 26 million owed to him from his lawsuit from when he was on Nash Bridges? That wasn't even salary, which would have been separate! He's got tons of money.)

I never thought to add it up that way. NICE JOB! :clap:(P.S. this is just for salary for Vice' date=' it does not include TV movies, hit songs and albums, or motion picture when VICE wasn't filming. They actually made a lot more money than just their VICE salaries. BTW, didn't DJ just get awarded something like 26 million owed to him from his lawsuit from when he was on Nash Bridges? That wasn't even salary, which would have been separate! He's got tons of money.)[/quote'] Thanks! I'm not sure why I did it, but one night I just started messing around. It's amazing how PMT started to get played in the series.....from season one and fast forward to season three....not the same. JMOYeah Don was awarded 23 million, but then a judge double it and he was awarded $51 million, plus all future profits. I know Don was close to financial troubles before, so he should be good now. hahahahaha