VICE PHOTO MISTAKES !!

COOPER&BURNETT

Over the years, I've noticed mistakes that not a whole lot of people think about.This is not to be confused with BLOOPERS.I've brought up this point before, but now I'm giving it it's own thread.I've noticed that in a few occations in MIAMI VICE, that the characters will show photos from a file, or have photos inside their lockers that were scenes from the show, or taken as a publicity shot, and used in the episode. In a few occations, the photo displayed is a photo of the characters where there wasn't anyone around to have taken the photo!Let me show you what I mean.Here's a shot from the episode SONS AND LOVERS. Tubbs is looking into a file that shows Angelina and Calderone while he is thinking back. A few of the photos show Angelina when she is painting on the beach when Tubbs sees her for the first time.Eingefügtes BildHow could this photo exist when there wasn't anyone around to take the picture. Only Angelina and Tubbs were around (crockett was hidden way away with binocculars)???Remember this scene? Who could have taken this photo?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThere's also a shot in the same scene of Tubbs looking at the file's photos of Calderone dead halfway in the pool from the same episode of CALDERONE'S DEMISE. There wasn't anyone around with a camera for that photo either.Let's look at another example.Here's a shot of Crockett in his locker. Notice the photos?Eingefügtes BildThe middle photo is a shot from a photo shoot for an advertisement in a French magazine.Eingefügtes BildThe bottom photo is a production still that was taken from ONE EYED JACK. If you recall the scene on Crockett's boat, there wasn't anyone there to take this photo!Eingefügtes Bild

I think that the picture of Angelina hadn´t been taken when she met Tubbs for the very first time because I think she´s painting a different picture on the photo than she did when Tubbs appeared behind her. Or am I wrong?

I think that the picture of Angelina hadn´t been taken when she met Tubbs for the very first time because I think she´s painting a different picture on the photo than she did when Tubbs appeared behind her. Or am I wrong?

Nope' date='it's the same painting. It's an actual shot from the episode.The photo is from the scene where she says, "I'm flattered, but I only give them away to my friends."[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/mistake2.jpgHow could this photo exist when there wasn't anyone around to take this photo? They were alone on the beach!

Very interesting point COOP,never really thought of that!Maybe you should'nt call it "mistakes"... how about " The Mysterious Photographer"?!?:)

It's the same painting' date=' and either a production still, or an actual shot from the episode.How could this photo exist when there wasn't anyone around to take this photo? They were alone on the beach![/quote'] I think he is right Christine. Look in her right hand, it's the watch she will be loosing in a couple of moments.

Hmmm... very interesting! Never gave it a thought myself somehow, but this is funny. Well, I don't really mind "publicity photos" if they are used in an appropriate way. At least the advertisment you Cooper have posted is quite okay, I mean - why not, the guys are dressed like in the show, and obviously are posing... so someone could very possibly have taken their photos (supposedly), it doesn't contradict the show plot at all. Though using scene photos, when there was no one to take pictures, is really kind of strange... when you finally come to notice it. :D

Very interesting point COOP' date='never really thought of that!Maybe you should'nt call it "mistakes"... how about " The Mistirious Photographer"?!?:)[/quote'] Mysterious photographer! :D:DThat's about right! :clap:

Actually the middle photo in Sonny's locker is plausible, could've been taken while Rico and Sonny were off duty. By the Dock Guy at the marina who keeps an eye on the St. Vitus and Elvis when he's away? lol!

Hmmm... very interesting! Never gave it a thought myself somehow' date=' but this is funny. Well, I don't really mind "publicity photos" if they are used in an appropriate way. At least the advertisment you Cooper have posted is quite okay, I mean - why not, the guys are dressed like in the show, and obviously are posing... so someone could very possibly have taken their photos (supposedly), it doesn't contradict the show plot at all. Though using scene photos, when there was no one to take pictures, is really kind of strange... when you finally come to notice it. :D[/quote']
Actually the middle photo in Sonny's locker is plausible' date=' could've been taken while Rico and Sonny were off duty. By the Dock Guy at the marina who keeps an eye on the St. Vitus and Elvis when he's away? lol![/quote']This is true. However the choice to use a photoshoot photo (instead of a one of a kind photo like the top photo like him and Robbie in football gear, or the photos of Crockett, Caroline and Billy on top of the piano in the pilot) is a bit unusual.

Oh yeah right "mysterious"! Sorry for that bad english...:oBut that was the word i thought of!:):):)

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Your English is MUCH better than my German. :):thumbsup:

Clever thought on this COOP. Nice. :thumbsup:Re Sonny's locker, the set guys couldn't resist putting in some photo backgrounds for the characters but they weren't thinking so clearly when they did.

Re Sonny's locker' date=' the set guys couldn't resist putting in some photo backgrounds for the characters but they weren't thinking so clearly when they did.[/quote']I guess that is the point.:done:The upper photo of Sonny's locker was probably made before the show started,when the set guys created the VICE-world.But all the other shown pics in here where made besides the shooting of the first series. So it was like Sonny-Burnett said,they sometimes should have thought twice.

Clever thought on this COOP. Nice. :thumbsup:Re Sonny's locker' date=' the set guys couldn't resist putting in some photo backgrounds for the characters but they weren't thinking so clearly when they did.[/quote']I remember seeing this photo in the advertisement BEFORE it showed up in his locker in that episode. Unfortunately, it takes me out of the moment, and brings me back to reality. Then I saw the bottom photo in the locker, and it too brought me back to reality.Wasn't smart for them to use those phtotos. Should have stuck with the type like the photo of him and Robbie from Buddies. It always was a photo Crockett owned. The other two photos looks like DON JOHNSON borrowed them from the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECION! :)

I guess that is the point.:done:The upper photo of Sonny's locker was probably made before the show started' date='when the set guys created the VICE-world.But all the other shown pics in here where made besides the shooting of the first series. So it was like Sonny-Burnett said,they sometimes should have thought twice.[/quote']Actually, the top photo of him in football gear was held by Crockett in the episode, BUDDIES.Eingefügtes BildThat type of photo adds realism.

Yeah sure,now I remember after checking our dictionary-section.It was obviously shot for buddies,otherwise Robbie wouldn't appear in the photo.I was actually thinking of pictures like the one showing Sonny with his Vietnam buddies or him catching the football.I guess I have to watch the hole 5 seasons again 1,2,3 more times!;)

Can anyone else come up with anymore example where this was done with other photos? I keep thinking there are more....

• Administrators

Mysterious photographer! :D:DThat's about right! :clap:

I know who took those pics, but we won't mention HIS name! :D

Well...i thought about this before. But if the producers didnt think about repeat and recycling actors, for sure they would think: "do you think ppl watching the show would remember the episode with Angelina on the beach?"

Well...i thought about this before. But if the producers didnt think about repeat and recycling actors' date=' for sure they would think: "do you think ppl watching the show would remember the episode with Angelina on the beach?"[/quote']Seems sad that all the care taken into production values, police accuracy, up to date music, fashion, and cinematography that this would be overlooked too.I ALSO hated the recycling of actors. I hated it when they used DIFFERENT actors to play the part of people who already played the part. That was not excuseable. :thumbsdown:

Perhaps in "Sons and Lovers"Tubbs may have indeed taken the picture of Angelina with his Captian Midnight Decoder Ring(slash camera;);)):):):)

Yeeeeaaahhh........sure he did. :)