VICE PHOTO MISTAKES !!

COOPER&BURNETT

Seems sad that all the care taken into production values' date=' police accuracy, up to date music, fashion, and cinematography that this would be overlooked too.I ALSO hated the recycling of actors. I hated it when they used DIFFERENT actors to play the part of people who already played the part. That was not excuseable. :thumbsdown:[/quote'] Oh yeah, I really hate recycling too... but have they ever used different actors for one part? I remember stuff like that in other shows, like Santa Barbara... :D But not in MV. If I forgot something please remind me.

Vice Photo MistakesThe part of Lombard's son were two different actors. They didn't look anything alike. That's the only one I can think of though.

Wow! How come I didn't notice... was it in the same episode or in different ones?

It was in two episodes:In "Lombard" from season 1 Sal Lombard was played by Michael DeLorenzo.In "World of Trouble" from season 5 Tim Quill played Sal Lombard.The look of the actors were totally different!Michael DeLorenzo had obviously an Italian backround.Tim Quill was more a dark-blond middle european type.Also their characters were not the same. As far I remember, in season 1 Sal was a guy who dissliked the way his father was living as a gangster.In World of Trouble he was a bad guy himself.

Oh yeah' date=' I really hate recycling too... but have they ever used different actors for one part? I remember stuff like that in other shows, like Santa Barbara... :D But not in MV. If I forgot something please remind me.[/quote']I hated the fact that two different actresses played Lt. Castillo's wife, May Ying! I knew Joan Chen from other productions so I was surprised to see Rosalind Chao in the other May Ying episode. As Cooper&Burnett has brilliantly put it, "it brought me back to reality" and I couldn't focus on the plot as much as I'd have liked it to...

I don´t think that most of the people who´d watched the show realized when different actors played the same role. Above all, when there we so many eps in between. Worse is if someone dies in one ep and comes back to life in another one.:thumbsdown: Fortunately, something so silly never happened in MV.

I hated the fact that two different actresses played Lt. Castillo's wife' date=' May Ying! I knew Joan Chen from other productions so I was surprised to see Rosalind Chao in the other May Ying episode. [/quote']And also May Yings husband, Ma Sek, was played by two different actors (episodes: Golden Triangle and Heart of Night)

It was in two episodes:In "Lombard" from season 1 Sal Lombard was played by Michael DeLorenzo.In "World of Trouble" from season 5 Tim Quill played Sal Lombard.The look of the actors were totally different!Michael DeLorenzo had obviously an Italian backround.Tim Quill was more a dark-blond middle european type.Also their characters were not the same. As far I remember' date=' in season 1 Sal was a guy who dissliked the way his father was living as a gangster.In World of Trouble he was a bad guy himself.Take a look:Sal in the first season and than in season 5:[/quote'] Now I see why I didn't notice... I usually manage to forget most of season 1 when I come to watch season 5. :D

I guess we are a little Off Topic now!

As it happens most of the times... :D Well, now the question is: is there enough material for another thread about same and different actors, etc... or should we consider it as a special form of a "photo mistake"? ;)

Recycling actors: one of the most horrible recycling choices was the actor (I think his name is John Leguizamo) who played Angelina´s Brother. We can consider him a heavy weight character on the Vice Universe. He kidnapped Rico´s son, killed Angelina, appeared in that episode "Afternoon Plane" and, shamelessly, in the 5th season he appeared as another character...ARRRRGH! Im not so sure but being Miami a new spot for television and movies in the 80´s there were just "few" actors and actressess available locally? Or not? Or everthing was "imported" from Hollywood?

I hated the fact that two different actresses played Lt. Castillo's wife' date=' May Ying! I knew Joan Chen from other productions so I was surprised to see Rosalind Chao in the other May Ying episode. As Cooper&Burnett has brilliantly put it, "it brought me back to reality" and I couldn't focus on the plot as much as I'd have liked it to...[/quote'] Lombard's son, and May Ying and her husband are the ones I was thinking of.Right there, it ruiened it for me. I was brought back to reality. :thumbsdown:

Lombard's son' date=' and May Ying and her husband are the ones I was thinking of.Right there, it ruiened it for me. I was brought back to reality. :thumbsdown:[/quote'] That's right. And I am pretty sure you speak for many other viewers.If they couldn't get the same actors again,they should have canceled the character at all.

How about bringing back Martin Ferrero as Izzy Moreno after he did appear as Trini de Soto in the pilot?I am not sure on that one...He was just such an enrichment for Vice!

• Administrators

Getting back on topic here, the only pic so far that I consider explainable is the pic of Calderon by the pool. Certainly there would be an investigation afterwards where crime scene photos would be taken and I'm sure photos of any dead bodies would be a top priority. Also the fact that the photo was of Calderone lying next to the pool makes it even more credible. If the pic was of him with his head still bobbing in the water then it simply wouldn't fly!As for Angelina and the painting, I remember thinking "who took that picture?" the first time I watched "Sons & Lovers" The writers should've done their homework on that one. It would've been better to show the live scene again as if we were seeing Rico's memories.All this brings us back to what I always say. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever thought back then that there would be fansites discussing this stuff 25 years in the future!

Getting back on topic here' date=' the only pic so far that I consider explainable is the pic of Calderon by the pool. Certainly there would be an investigation afterwards where crime scene photos would be taken and I'm sure photos of any dead bodies would be a top priority. Also the fact that the photo was of Calderone lying next to the pool makes it even more credible. If the pic was of him with his head still bobbing in the water then it simply wouldn't fly!As for Angelina and the painting, I remember thinking "who took that picture?" the first time I watched "Sons & Lovers" The writers should've done their homework on that one. It would've been better to show the live scene again as if we were seeing Rico's memories.All this brings us back to what I always say. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever thought back then that there would be fansites discussing this stuff 25 years in the future![/quote']You didn't mention your take on the picture from one eyed jack with the three of them on the boat. Nobody was there either. :eek: Just a production still.

• Administrators

Yeah the "One Eyed Jack" photo was a big mistake :thumbsdown: What do you think of my explanation for Calderone's photo?

Yeah the "One Eyed Jack" photo was a big mistake :thumbsdown: What do you think of my explanation for Calderone's photo?

If the photo of Calderone is different than what was in the episode, then I think your explanation of a police photo of a criminal who has been killed, was dead on. :thumbsup: (I'm going to check my DVD to see what the photo looked like)

Getting back on topic here' date=' the only pic so far that I consider explainable is the pic of Calderon by the pool. Certainly there would be an investigation afterwards where crime scene photos would be taken and I'm sure photos of any dead bodies would be a top priority. Also the fact that the photo was of Calderone lying next to the pool makes it even more credible. If the pic was of him with his head still bobbing in the water then it simply wouldn't fly![/quote']Well, I checked it out. It's a still from the episode. He is not lying next to the pool, it's a freeze frame of him a split second before his head goes under water! There would be no way for him to be in that position after he originally went in. Check it out for yourself.It's just another frame from the actual episode. :thumbsdown:It's bogus!

• Administrators

Oh well, I tried! I guess I'll have to actually go back and watch a few episodes, been relying too much on good old memory.;)

• 4 years later...

It was in two episodes:In "Lombard" from season 1 Sal Lombard was played by Michael DeLorenzo.In "World of Trouble" from season 5 Tim Quill played Sal Lombard.The look of the actors were totally different!Michael DeLorenzo had obviously an Italian backround.Tim Quill was more a dark-blond middle european type.Also their characters were not the same. As far I remember, in season 1 Sal was a guy who dissliked the way his father was living as a gangster.In World of Trouble he was a bad guy himself.

I so glad you mentioned this! I was thinking the exact same thing! Completely agree!