Favorite Holiday Record

Dadrian

christmas vacation is my favorite holiday movie.

Oh yeah I agree my favorite Christmas movie, the Griswalls (sp) love them. Oh the Jello mold..lol....And the cat in the box....lmao! Sue

Songs I love and a few I can't remember names to..lolI have a list but first as always and those who know me will understand. I am the queen of ditz...ok, help me out here. I think it's Glenn Frey, his Christmas song , I just love it and can hear it in my head but can't think of the name. Help? Ok, now, a classic, Sleigh ride, and I loved playing it in the School Band and Yes I went to BAND CAMP...LMAO!And as for my Beatle boys, John Lennon's So This is Christmas! Paul McCartney's, can you believe and I know you all can, I can't remember the darn name because I'm forcing it and later it will come to me.....Paul and Wings.....big song...and I love it....oh man. The ditz is bad, guys....Dan, help me here, please? It will come to me later....oh well....a few of my favs anyway...Sue

paul mccartney's wonderful christmastime from 1979?he made that with the same synth phil collins used on "in the air tonight" (the fabled Prophet 5, like anyone here cares but me :) )

the pics aren't showing for me' date=' lar, but b-side christmas single makes me think of 1984 Wham! - "last christmas". is that the one?edit:i see the pics now. i was way off :)[/quote']They didn't show up for me at first, either. I switched the URLs to Photobucket, and they worked fine, as far as I can tell at least.

Rich' date=' My momma would be so proud. She loves Elvis and so do I , well next to the Beatles that is. Yes, he does have some great songs...sue[/quote']Hey, maybe if I wear a goofy looking "sweater jacket" like that one, then the girls will scream over me too. Hey - a guy can have his fantasies, can't he ?

Guest The Talk
Hey' date=' The Talk, we see you can talk The Talk, but can you walk The Walk ? :dance2:[/quote']What -in your opinion- is "The Walk" in this case (especially in relation to "dyschroatopsia"? :confused:

What -in your opinion- is "The Walk" in this case (especially in relation to "dyschroatopsia"? :confused:
It was my feeble attempt at humor :o .Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. It means: talk is cheap' date=' but can you follow through with action? It is similiar to: don't let your mouth write a check that your a** can't cash. Or (from the Baretta theme), don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I've heard a variation used in a blues song, the singer talking about a girl that "talks that talk and walks that walk." [/i']Also sometimes shortened to "Walk the talk". Aristotle’s followers are said to have discussed philosophy while walking about with him—hence their name: “peripatetics.†I suppose they could have been said to “walk the talk.â€For the rest of us, the saying is “if you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walkâ€â€”a modern version of old sayings like “actions speak louder than words†and “practice what you preach.†Another early form of the expression was “walk it like you talk it.†Many people now condense this to “walk the talk,†which makes a sort of sense (act on your speech), but strikes those who are more familiar with the original form as confused. Oh - and I do think that all the mods here do "walk the talk". My hat is off to you all, as I am enjoying .ws.

If you like him, i recommned Josephine, a major hit in France (among other countries) in the 80's.
Chris Rea has been overlooked too much, i think he didn't get the credit and fame he deserved even though he's well known. His songs make me warm, the tunes are catchy and his voice is one of the kind.