Is it just me or do you have no desire to watch the movie MV?

whitney88

Someone above asked who I would 've cast in Mann's reboot?Sonny James Crockett: Matthew McConeanghy or Josh Lucas.Ricardo Tubbs: Gary Dourdan or Michael EalyMartin Castillo: Andy Garcia or Javier Bardiem.Gina Calabrese: Vanessa Ferlito Trudie Joplin: Taraji P. Henson or Nia LongLarry Zito: Sam RockwellStan Switek: Donal Logue

As far as a TV REUNION, Crockett and Tubbs quit the force in the last episode, so they wouldn't be cops anymore.However.......I think all the cast should be in the reunion to see what they are up to now (Castillo could still be working in one form or another with the police like Police Chief).I always thought it would be cool to have Billy Crockett as an adult be a cop, and run across Tubb's missing Son who becomes a cop, then we could have CROCKETT AND TUBBS again in new adventures, and Sonny and Rico could be around to advise thier sons in life, and in their jobs. That's my idea.

I actually own the DVD, sorry, but it was a Christmas giftI tend to agree so far with everything written here.I got the DVD as a gift for Christmas, from a friend who know that I am a huge MV fan.It appears that the movie is a blend of different episodes, and poorly done at best. I mean, they had to steal or borrow episodes from the series, instead of coming up with their own plot. Many of the actors on MV movie did not even come close to the original actors, as stated here frequently.The only positive aspect of the MV movie is that the gun fights were pretty decent especially with the .50 rifle literally busting people into pieces. The gun fights were very graphic and showed detailed wound effects. But the original gunfights from the MV series were still far better.Oh well, hope this helps since I have watched it a couple of times but again, it is a slap in the face to MV series with the poor choice of actors; pointless plots; and just poorly made.Otherwise, save your money

• Administrators

As I've said before, it's not a bad movie as long as you change the characters names and don't call it "Miami Vice" But, if that were the case we would all be screaming "that movie is a ripoff of Miami Vice!, all they did was change the names and the title!"

As I've said before' date=' it's not a bad movie as long as you change the characters names and don't call it "Miami Vice" But, if that were the case we would all be screaming "that movie is a ripoff of Miami Vice!, all they did was change the names and the title!"[/quote'] :D:D:D:D:D

I always thought it would be cool to have Billy Crockett as an adult be a cop' date=' and run across Tubb's missing Son who becomes a cop, then we could have CROCKETT AND TUBBS again in new adventures, and Sonny and Rico could be around to advise thier sons in life, and in their jobs. That's my idea.[/quote'] Very interesting! :thumbsup: I'm not so sure about Tubbs' son becoming a cop since he was going to be brought up by a criminal family, as we could see from the show... though he might do it being in at odds with his family or something, who knows. :glossy: Or he might be a member of a criminal family which Crockett's son might be going after... and then he might meet Tubbs somehow and change because he was feeling bad about his family business anyway... :confused: Or in the most perverted version I can think of young C&T could be antagonists instead of friend, a cop and a criminal. (Or could we have one more young Tubbs, like Rico's nephew or something? :confused: All right, I have to stop drink too much caffeine...)Hell, we might make a really good script here all together! LOL ;):D

I can agree with alot on this thread. I love the original series, of course, yet I actually enjoy the movie also. I look at the movie as what the vice department would do today with today's technology(which is already sooo outdated) yet with the intense filming locations and angles that Mann used is simply spectacular. Yes, it also make me appreciate the original series even more. The cast could have been better yet not sure if I have a better solution as there really has not been a good remake of much of anything. I just don't dislike the movie as much as others do. It is different, with different folks yet the final shoot-out with surround sound is spectacular along with the shipping and boat scenes. I'm glad Jerry Bruckheimer didn't get the remake idea first..LOL...Mike