What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Not that I know of. I ripped it from the DVD, but there’s still dialogue and sound effects. 

Yes I read it’s never been released on any album or single. I never realised Gilstrap was a backing singer on some of Stevie Wonder’s early 70s album and he also sung the opening lines on the Wonder Classic “You are the Sunshine of my Life” in 1972.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following up on the list I posted about original songs...

It seems Eugene Smith's "Rock by Day/Roll by Night" wasn't just released as a single - it was also included on his album A New Beginning, released in 1987, the year after the episode featuring the track aired. And there's good news for anyone seeking a copy of the song - the album's just been re-released digitally via Amazon and iTunes.

7 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

Following up on the list I posted about original songs...

It seems Eugene Smith's "Rock by Day/Roll by Night" wasn't just released as a single - it was also included on his album A New Beginning, released in 1987, the year after the episode featuring the track aired. And there's good news for anyone seeking a copy of the song - the album's just been re-released digitally via Amazon and iTunes.

Yes I saw that - that’s great news. Thankyou for your information :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Anybody ever seen this?? :eek:

First time seeing this.  Amazing what one can find on YouTube.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

First time seeing this.  Amazing what one can find on YouTube.

Indeed! I searched “Jan Hammer rare” last night. I discovered that Crockett’s Theme video, and I found a video Jan made for Tubbs and Valerie! I had no idea the made one! 

It was posted by the same guy who made a very successful video with my “Brenda” cover (Steven Mighty):

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Thank you for sharing! Maybe I've seen it, but can't remember. The girl in the video looks like Sara from the episode "Yankee Dollar." 

7 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Thank you for sharing! Maybe I've seen it, but can't remember. The girl in the video looks like Sara from the episode "Yankee Dollar." 

Yes you’re right @summer84 she does indeed!

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Indeed! I searched “Jan Hammer rare” last night. I discovered that Crockett’s Theme video, and I found a video Jan made for Tubbs and Valerie! I had no idea the made one! 

It was posted by the same guy who made a very successful video with my “Brenda” cover (Steven Mighty):

Fantastic stuff!

15 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I've never seen this before. Wow! :o What an awesome find, @Dadrian! ;)

6 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yeah, the lady in the video does heavily resemble Sara from "Yankee Dollar". Wishful thinking, but that might be her! :eek:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Yeah, the lady in the video does heavily resemble Sara from "Yankee Dollar". Wishful thinking, but that might be her! :eek:

After having watched the video once again and compared with pics of her, I would definitely say it's her, Audrey Matson, a 100%! 

I like the voiceover and words it's well incorporated with Crockett's theme.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Retro80sfan said:

I've never seen this before. Wow! :o What an awesome find, @Dadrian! ;)

If it is her she had more screen time in that video than in the Miami Vice episode “Yankee Dollar”!:dance2::balloon::p

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dadrian said:

“Waylon Jennings, Dickie Betts, ...” :) 

Great ..thankyou for posting!

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2018 at 7:10 AM, Leigh Burne said:

Currently listening to Glenn Frey's "Smuggler's Blues"

I swear, if you didn't know better you'd think this was written especially for the show.

The song was produced in 1984 before MV existed, but it sure does sound like MV inspired it.  In fact, the song inspired the episode:

Michael Mann:   “This show is a ball. It’s absolutely a blast. I mean, how else do you get to tell twenty-two stories a year? Or hear a song like ‘Smuggler’s Blues’ on the radio and say, ‘Wow, those lyrics are fantastic. Let’s do an episode on it.’ Think, Who knows this shit better than anybody? Mikey — you know, Miguel Piñero [the ex-convict who wrote Short Eyes]. Get him to write a script, have lunch with Glenn Frey two days later and ask him if he wants to play Jimmy, the pilot. Bang, it’s on the air in four weeks.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/inside-miami-vice-53206/

• Like 2

On 7/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, airtommy said:

The song was produced in 1984 before MV existed, but it sure does sound like MV inspired it.

I know, hence "if you didn't know better" :) 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Marc said:

it feels more like it's from Manhunter. 

I always get that one confused with the Shriekback song "This Big Hush", which is in Manhunter lol.

I was listening to the new Jan Hammer album in my car going to work this morning.....this song is "Miami Nights":cool:

The whole album is actually good..but this is my favorite!  I can picture my self walking down Ocean drive when I was on vacation!

20180720_053253.jpg

Edited by jenny

24 minutes ago, jenny said:

I was listening to the new Jan Hammer album in my car going to work this morning.....this song is "Miami Nights":cool:

The whole album is actually good..but this is my favorite!  I can picture my self walking down Ocean drive when I was on vacation!

20180720_053253.jpg

Jenny you’re my kinda gal :p

• Thanks 1