What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

59 minutes ago, jenny said:

I was listening to the new Jan Hammer album in my car going to work this morning.....this song is "Miami Nights":cool:

The whole album is actually good..but this is my favorite!  I can picture my self walking down Ocean drive when I was on vacation!

20180720_053253.jpg

Jenny - just fantastic! Great Album.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Par Avion by Mike + the Mechanics.  This was one of my favorite dramatic scenes from the series.

I recently made a nice playlist on Amazon Prime Music of 26 songs I could remember from the series.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

Par Avion by Mike + the Mechanics.  This was one of my favorite dramatic scenes from the series.

Mine too! It's probably the Vice song I listen to the most! :radio:

Edited by Retro80sfan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
57 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

Sent It To Me ... By the Legendary Gladys Knight ...

I love that song. Always glad when it rolls around on my MV playlist. I wish it had actually made onto the show. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Just now, Dadrian said:

I embedded the link for you: 

It should’ve embedded automatically. Sometimes it takes a moment to convert after you paste the link. :thumbsup:

Great song!

Ah, I was wondering why it wasn't showing up. Thanks,  Dadrian. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Every time I watch Prodigal Son, when I hear the various isolated tracks from Jan Hammer’s NY Theme throughout the episode, I’m completely washed over by how great that song really is. Truly amazing work!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This song fitted so perfectly in that scene at Traynor's place in "Rites of Passage" sort of sleazy and nightmarish. 

Great song.

• Like 1

8th track on this rare underground album that only had a thousand copies back in 1989. Madame Axe. Always reminds me of "Keith Mollis"! Usually I don´t dig gothrock punk but this song has a great drive. It´s about Lizzie Borden. "She gave her mother 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41..."

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 2

What MV song am I listening to right now?

ALL of them!  

My “80’s Vice” playlist has expanded to 236 songs and over 16 hours of music.  It’s got just about all the Vice and Vice-ish Jan Hammer I’ve been able to find, every song that played on the series I’ve been able to find, and a bunch of other 80’s music that I feel should have played on the show.  (Most of it 80’s hair/glam metal.)

For the last month or so, every time I hop in my Camaro convertible, it’s the Vice playlist, with my “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood/Quentin Tarantino” soundtrack playlist occasionally mixed in.  (LOVE that film.   Mid 60’s through the mid 70’s is another time I just GEEK into.)

My Vice-ness is pretty strong year-round, but this time of year,  but when the weather really starts to warm up and the evening light lasts well past 2000hrs., it gets intense.

A big part of it is real nostalgia for the late 80’s; when I had just graduated from high school, a decently cool car (1964 Falcon Sprint hardtop), a solid girlfriend was into the fashion of the moment, had a restaurant job that paid really well for a guy my age, was playing in band, etc.   And MV was just so huge and pervasive in real time.    I dressed in 80’s Vice style in high school and wore legit Vice-inspired suits to every dance.   And I had the soundtrack cassettes blasting on my Kenwood KRC-2001 auto-reverse deck, out of the Pioneer 6x9 3-ways I cut into the rear deck of above mentioned Ford Falcon.    

And now that I’ve been retired from Law Enforcement for just over 3 years, there is some real nostalgia for all the good times I had in my 22 years on the job.

Just this month I’ve bought 6 different linen sport coats and few banded collar linen shirts off of EBay, and a pair grey-beige wing-tips off Zappos.  (I like the Season 5 Crocket style.)

And I’ve started watching the series over again from the beginning.    Still holds up in every way.

Summer of 2020 is going to one hell of Ride pals!

• Like 3

I've constantly got Jan Hammer's complete collection playing, as well as the three soundtrack compilation albums on repeat as well. I've got Miami Vice, Miami Vice II and Miami Vice III on cassette.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 6:20 AM, Dadrian said:

Anybody ever seen this?? :eek:

If you pause it 1:22 you can see its certainly is Audrey Matson who played Sara.