What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

I went to Phoenix and Las Vegas about ten years ago and it was pushing 100, but it was so bone dry it honestly wasn't that bad. You could just sweat the heat off.

If it ever got to 100 here in the UK people would be dying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

I went to Phoenix and Las Vegas about ten years ago and it was pushing 100, but it was so bone dry it honestly wasn't that bad. You could just sweat the heat off.

If it ever got to 100 here in the UK people would be dying.

That's what I hear about Arizona, it's dry heat. I thought some people have meant that in a sardonic way, but I also think there's some truth to it.

I was in Las Vegas 20 years ago, but it was a few days past Christmas, so no such heat like that. Now Arizona I'd avoid, but I'd take my chances (and like it!) with a summer in Vegas:dance2:.

YouTube offered me "Candy" on a mix list (I always accept candy when it's offered), and now I have it on a playlist. I've never heard this super Jan Hammer instrumental outside the show, so this is great!

On 9/9/2021 at 10:08 AM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

That's what I hear about Arizona, it's dry heat. I thought some people have meant that in a sardonic way, but I also think there's some truth to it.

I was in Las Vegas 20 years ago, but it was a few days past Christmas, so no such heat like that. Now Arizona I'd avoid, but I'd take my chances (and like it!) with a summer in Vegas:dance2:.

I have been living an hour's drive from Las Vegas for the past 15 years.  There is a difference with "dry heat".  I took a vacation back to my home state of Michigan in July and I had forgotten about "humidity".  My clothing felt like they were stuck to my body the whole time I was there.  I was much more comfortable when I got back to Nevada. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I have been living an hour's drive from Las Vegas for the past 15 years.  There is a difference with "dry heat".  I took a vacation back to my home state of Michigan in July and I had forgotten about "humidity".  My clothing felt like they were stuck to my body the whole time I was there.  I was much more comfortable when I got back to Nevada. 

Yeah, I think Nevada's nice, I'd like to try it out at its most extreme someday (my mother thought back in the day that I couldn't handle a place like Florida, but I've discovered that I can take the heat). I'm still not keen on Arizona though, but I do like their stance on Daylight Savings Time:D.

A couple more of Jan Hammer's that I've added to a YouTube playlist (still on #21; I'll have a Blackjack! Once I reach 100, I create a new playlist) are "Runaround" (I'm preparing myself for some of life's hard falls) and "Out for Thai" (I like Thai, skinny tie, and like Homer Simpson once asked, I also like shirt).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marc said:

extended dub instrumental. a bit repetitive and would've liked some more variation.

I think you accidentally posted in the wrong thread, but I like the song/band, and I agree with your comments. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I knew a gal ten years ago named Valeska (she's from Brazil, speaks Portuguese, and is bilingual) who absolutely loves this song (she was having troubles with her boyfriend from Miami (Vice? I had to ask, because, you know...:)), but I hope they're still together, as they seem like a good couple). From this song, I ended talking to her about the song "Masquerade" by Berlin (I like both the offbeat & mainstream music of Berlin, from "A Matter of Time" to "Heartstrings" ("Spaceballs"!), so I did enjoy sharing that bit of info with her back in the day. But this song (and its remaster) I find excellent in its own right:D.

• Like 1

@Dadrian

I have always wondered when they pick a pop/rock song for a particular scene is it Jan who fit's it into place, the timing etc or somebody else?

This particular song fit's perfectly at the end of "Heart of Darkness" like a glove.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

@Dadrian

I have always wondered when they pick a pop/rock song for a particular scene is it Jan who fit's it into place, the timing etc or somebody else?

This particular song fit's perfectly at the end of "Heart of Darkness" like a glove.

I agree with you all the way RedDragon86, perfect fit (are these gloves by any chance Isotoner gloves, because those gloves take care of the hands that take care of us!);  like how I feel "Closer to Heaven" works so well for the climax of 'Red Tape', this song does the same for the bar scene in 'Heart of Darkness'. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

@Dadrian

I’m not sure “who” was responsible in the editing process, but I do know those songs (chosen by Fred Lyle) were already in place when Jan received the reels awaiting his contribution—hence, Jan’s obvious inspiration for the score sometimes (like his drums in No Exit and his shakuhachi in Better Living). 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Unavailable for me. What was the song?

very likely the song when they chase the rastas with the van. and got sprayed out with the machine gun

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Unavailable for me. What was the song?

"The Home Invaders" when Castillo and Crockett are in the bar and Romano shoots that cop during second home invasion.

There was something really cool and different when they picked raggae music in the first 2 season's.

Shame they stopped but I suppose it would not have suited the atmosphere of season 3.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 7:28 AM, RedDragon86 said:

"The Home Invaders" when Castillo and Crockett are in the bar and Romano shoots that cop during second home invasion.

There was something really cool and different when they picked raggae music in the first 2 season's.

Shame they stopped but I suppose it would not have suited the atmosphere of season 3.

I agree, the reggae music really worked for me; I wouldn't have minded at all if they kept on going with it (not much of it after Season 2 except for "What is Life", and I feel that 'The Big Thaw' episode as a whole has a sound reggae vibe:radio:).

• Like 1

Been listening to some some DeBarge, a song called "You Wear It Well" that was featured in the episode "Bought And Paid For" during the Second Season. Really catchy I must say

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Sheisenburg said:

Been listening to some some DeBarge, a song called "You Wear It Well" that was featured in the episode "Bought And Paid For" during the Second Season. Really catchy I must say

I love all of El’s music. He has an amazing gift.  Welcome to the site!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:28 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Up until now, I thought that piece was Jan's scoring.:p

Similarly I thought this from Golden Triangle was Jan:

• Like 1