What MV song are you listening to now?

whitney88

2 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I love this from Phil the shill :)

Before anyone tries to correct you, you meant “from Phil the Shill” as an alias, and not the episode title (which was “Prodigal Son”), right? :) 

One of my favorite MV songs! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Before anyone tries to correct you, you meant “from Phil the Shill” as an alias, and not the episode title (which was “Prodigal Son”), right? :) 

One of my favorite MV songs! :thumbsup:

Exactly right @Dadrian ... It is more clear now :)

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I agree, the reggae music really worked for me; I wouldn't have minded at all if they kept on going with it (not much of it after Season 2 except for "What is Life", and I feel that 'The Big Thaw' episode as a whole has a sound reggae vibe:radio:).

I just love the reggae vibe, here is another from "Yankee Dollar". The timing of it is perfect as it begins, Tubbs or Crockett kicks the chair legs and Glide falls on the floor in the interrogation room :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kladdagh said:

Exactly right @Dadrian ... It is more clear now :)

:radio:  Hey, personally I didn't mind what you guys were saying, with or without being corrected.  

Like I said to someone before, hey it's sometimes just as much fun to get it wrong in what you were saying.  Just as long as you were talkin about 'Vice, it's all GOOOOD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I watched an old cable tv recording of the episode Badge of Dishonor, and it started me looking for Underworld's "Glory-Glory".  Righteous Vice song! (especially since it's from the Ugh Seasons of Vice).

It's funny... there are a lot of songs in the series that we like because we liked the SONG independently on the pop charts, so having it appear in Vice was even more of a high for us.  But there are some songs they incorporated that simply FIT the Vice atmosphere (or at least what we figure working in the city of Miami must have been like around that time).   "Glory-Glory" sounds like two people doing something or moving something in the middle of the humid Miami night, something they know is illegal, and they are enjoying themselves doing it.  Sometimes it's the little ha-cha-cha sounds a singer will utter with his mouth between the lyrics he's speaking---and you can hear what I mean in "Glory-Glory". The "Miami-with-no-cops-around" feeling comes almost entirely from the lead singer's sly fun voice.  

But this morning I just sampled that "Dark Truths" song by Joan Armatrading (from the episode Heart of Night),... and damn, that woman's song has got the same gorgeous Miami mood, with images of squinty Florida sun cooling down toward sunset, shifting boats tied at a city marina, and you're taking a break and thinking of someone you just helped into their car an hour ago--a good friend maybe.  And this time the Miami images seem to come mostly from the dappling, dreamy sound of the instruments more than from the singer's voice.
Nothing in common with the Miami feelings that "Glory-Glory" is creating, and not at all using the same tools that "Glory-Glory" uses to illicit your mood,  but BOTH songs so right for the series.  

I'm disappointed they didn't do a PACKED Miami Vice "definitive CD set", with not only Jan's music tracks, but also the roughly 30 or so singles that (arguably) spotlighted the most memorable scenes of all five seasons.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Augusta said:

I'm disappointed they didn't do a PACKED Miami Vice "definitive CD set", with not only Jan's music tracks, but also the roughly 30 or so singles that (arguably) spotlighted the most memorable scenes of all five seasons.  

It is a dream I have since a looooong time. Maybe, one day ... who knows :p

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, Kladdagh said:

I love this from Phil the shill :)

Yep, lots of great Phil Collins stuff out there for me ("Don't Lose My Number", "Sussudio" & Genesis-era "Invisible Touch" are probably my 3 favorites) and "Take Me home" is no doubt right there (the scene in Vice with our man Tubbs making it to the airport w/ this song playing helps, as I find the moment heartwarming; Crockett knew Tubbs was going to make it:D).

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, RedDragon86 said:

I just love the reggae vibe, here is another from "Yankee Dollar". The timing of it is perfect as it begins, Tubbs or Crockett kicks the chair legs and Glide falls on the floor in the interrogation room :)

No doubt, to borrow the Glide line a bit, that scene and sound was aces.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Sorry, I could have sworn I linked it into the "What are you listening to right now"

No worries! I love Moby! I thought it might have been on the 2006 movie or something. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, RedDragon86 said:

The music department were so good at picking music. This is just perfection during the opening credits in "Heart of Darkness"

On 12/11/2021 at 9:03 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Sorry for the mistake, it should be in "What are you listening to right now"

Love Moby, especially "South Side" w/ Gwen Stefani. Today for me is Cutting Crew's "Been in Love before" though; aw heck though, I need a Cutting Crew on my hair, as its reached Season 5 Crockett level (the hair will say to me, "I'm going to miss you man", and I'll say, "Me too Sonny", cuz that's how I get my kicks!).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Tom if you ever wonder whether your contributions here make any difference, let me tell you how much this one means to me:

In no particular order, I love hole-in-the-wall coffee shops, Latin music, Miami Vice, and vintage clothing very much. 

If there’s one song from MV that sums all that up, this one from “Killshot” that plays during one of the La Liberdad cafe scenes is definitely it!

You found the song a couple of years back, and ever since, I’ve played it in my kitchen on my MV playlist when I’m making coffee or Latin food quite often. It’s a perfect moment every single time! 

I’ve been fortunate to visit La Liberdad many times, I have the same Hugo Boss suit from the scene, and having the song totally completes the set for me!

Thank you! :tasse_prost:

5D6B7BF0-58DB-4C9B-B458-D47395B1995D.jpeg

2B02E60D-46FB-4A8C-A64B-FB08339B7946.jpeg

A0248788-4889-4EB7-B6CC-78B2FC597855.jpeg

E9EA92C1-EDB0-4585-A1A7-51D84F6C046C.jpeg

6D76AD84-6DB4-44F0-B3E7-008435FE2158.jpeg

86D1E29B-E2BF-4A40-BAB4-4F248968E1C2.jpeg

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

You found the song a couple of years back, and ever since, I’ve played it in my kitchen on my MV playlist when I’m making coffee or Latin food quite often. It’s a perfect moment every single time! 

Finally I have found the reason for my hiccups! :p

Joking aside: I know what you mean, I lived in Miami once and the first thing I will always remember when somebody asks me what it is all about being there it is the feeling of warm humid air, Latin music and sitting outside with a drink. 

Unfortunately, the whole block around La Libertad is dead and mostly razed right now. That part of Flagler is a shadow ot itself :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Finally I have found the reason for my hiccups! :p

Had to Google it! :) 

“Thoughts Toward You

One superstition concerning hiccups is that when you start hiccuping, someone is thinking of you. This could be good or bad, but most people take the superstition positively and view their hiccups as a sign that someone is sending them well wishes.”

1Z5A5977YN97287736

Two years ago, I would not have been seduced to listen to this song and see relevance in it.  
Two years ago, my country was going into "lockdown" (a phrase the W,H.O. pleaded with us that we should not use, since it only makes people think of prisons and make them want to resist your health guidance rather than help do their part).  I somehow new this virus upset would last longer than three months, but even I expected it would be conquered in half a year.  It made me think of some superb apocalypse video games I never played (The Last of Us, and Metro 2033).  
Each time I get over that gloom, my country puts itself through this predictable cycle of "easing restrictions---followed by sharing more infections---followed by---".
So now I'm seduced by this song in my head.  Those of you who watched Stephen King's The Stand on miniseries tv can see the ironic similarities:  In the tv version, the public debatably called their killer the "Superflu"....Hahaha.  
And Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over, was the tv movie's unofficial signature song.
I really shouldn't listen to it.  It's not easily a happy song, kind of could be taken several haunting ways.

Think the virus problem is finished?
Think the low numbers in your country means you can let your guard down for even three months?
Think the Superflu has reached it's peak, and we can ski steady downhill to a conclusion?
Think they can call the pandemic finished?

"Hey Now, hey now, Don't Dream it's Over...."  Crowded House

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Jan put a lot of effort in this one. 

It's brilliant.

True, but actually most of the effort was in the original “Florence Italy” chase in the teaser. He basically added just a repeating distortion lead here. One of my favorites, regardless. :thumbsup: