Worst version of Crockett's theme ever

2morgen

I haven't listened to this since it was posted in 2011...........It brought tears to my eyes as I re-lived  a long forgotten....Root canal ! ;(  :sick:

I totally forgot about this and looking at my post back in 2011 I must have been too harsh on it, this is a masterwork. She truly nails the song with her drunk at a karaoke bar at three in the morning voice, her opening cat locked in a washing machine moan, and a total lyrical incoherence that truly fits with Jan Hammer's melody ... played backwards as the record melts over an open fire.

Her greatness has shown that there are worse things in the world of Miami Vice than Missing Hours. ;) 

No wonder this video is unlisted (you need the exact link, and not found in a YouTube search).

It's so bad on so many levels...  the quality of singing, the poor lyrical content (I know it's about temptation, but the lyrics go nowhere.

"Thoughts are often deceptions, common retardations"  ...uh what?), the lyrical structure is horrendous, the production doesn't integrate the vocals properly, the rhyming scheme is uneven, plus Crockett's theme is not structured for vocal lyrics...  shall I go on? :)

Oh my God! Why did I click on this before bed?? I only made it 40 seconds I think. Enough to hear one line of singing. I wish her all the best in whatever ELSE she decides to do.