Location Trivia Level One

miamijimf

17 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Lotta good hints on this one.  The "restaurant," if you want to call it that, was for the birds.

I remember when I first visited this location - all pretty much unchanged since 1986.:fireworks:

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Still waiting on this one? Hopefully we don’t have a long long way to go. 

I’m going to go eat a veggie burger whilst we are waiting for a correct answer here.:cheers:

This case was posted over two weeks ago with no responses from beginning sleuths.  I'll open it up to anyone (location expert or not) to solve.  I keep looking for good location trivia cases but it's tough to find any that would be challenging for our experienced location folks.

miami_now.jpg

Edited by miamijimf

On 1/4/2019 at 5:01 PM, miamijimf said:

This case was posted over two weeks ago with no responses from beginning sleuths.  I'll open it up to anyone (location expert or not) to solve.  I keep looking for good location trivia cases but it's tough to find any that would be challenging for our experienced location folks.

miami_now.jpg

Well many of us know this Jim , and as you said it’s been a few weeks so let’s wrap this up it’s the “Long Long Way to Go” scene from the Season 2 finale (Sons and Lovers) as well as the earlier scene when C&T go for a break 

The clue you mentioned was reference to the Falcon Restaurant which covered part of the entrance to the trailer park, @Dadrian gave the clue of the song “Long Long Way to Go” which was playing during the scene.  I gave the clue veggie burger as this was what Tubbs said he would order as he made his way into the restaurant in the earlier scene. I also gave the clue of 1986 when the episode was produced and aired.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

"Long Long Way to Go" was played during the funeral scene at the conclusion of the episode.  That was filmed at Greynolds Park way up in the northern end of Dade County, not here along the river.

For a Level 1 question, a good first clue would have been to circle the area in question.  C&T drive along that road and come to the Falcon Diner, where Tubbs is kidnapped.

triv.thumb.jpg.86846b95535b9f0af9d2e3e050dc54cc.jpg

28 minutes ago, airtommy said:

"Long Long Way to Go" was played during the funeral scene at the conclusion of the episode.  That was filmed at Greynolds Park way up in the northern end of Dade County, not here along the river.

For a Level 1 question, a good first clue would have been to circle the area in question.  C&T drive along that road and come to the Falcon Diner, where Tubbs is kidnapped.

triv.thumb.jpg.86846b95535b9f0af9d2e3e050dc54cc.jpg

Yes I know airtommy but the song started here at the river/Falcon diner whilst our heros were looking into the Miami River.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes I know airtommy but the song started here at the river/Falcon diner whilst our heros were looking into the Miami River.

Ah, the second Falcons Diner scene, I had forgotten all about that!

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, airtommy said:

P1000807b.thumb.jpg.d4101fbd0b5171149d035ada78e81f46.jpg

We actually see a camera shot very similar to this, though most of the scene is close-up shots.

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Castillo is really great in that episode—amongst my favorites of him. 

So great, actually a god solid episode.

Sorry I mean good:cheers::)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

Correct!

godsworkpriest.png.6b009768fdd0e3af37578a3c0d0b5c19.png

By the way, this is the interior of Villa Vizcaya.  This courtyard was originally open-air, but now they closed the roof and air conditioned the place.  When Deering used to go up north for the summer, his staff would individually wrap his entire library of books in wax paper (or something) to protect them from the humidity, then unwrap them when he returned.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

By the way, this is the interior of Villa Vizcaya.  This courtyard was originally open-air, but now they closed the roof and air conditioned the place.  When Deering used to go up north for the summer, his staff would individually wrap his entire library of books in wax paper (or something) to protect them from the humidity, then unwrap them when he returned.

Wish today was a humid day , chilly and rainy day here in our town.

• 2 weeks later...

Holler up if you guys think it’s more a level 2, although I know a number of the more experienced locationers will get this. Episode and scene where we see this - (taken this morning).

F10209AF-022D-4240-AAAE-674B6F5415D8.jpeg

• Like 2