Will Miami Vice come back to our TV screens?

Sonny Bull

We all know that the movie took a nose dive, but with the re-imagining of Hawaii Five-0, and Charlies Angels coming back with a new series later this year.Do you think that someone would pick up Miami Vice and bring it back?Look forward to hearing your comments

Often asked question - but always a good one.;)I think nearly everyone got an different opinion about it.I'll try to make it short.I have got two sides inside of me:1) is my "heart-side". It tells me: "Yes i want a reunion with all the original cast from back then with new thrilling stories and action, cause i can't get enough of Vice!"2) is my "mind-side".It tells me: "Miami Vice is a part of history, it can't be brought back.It was a different time, the 80's. Miami Vice is the 80's and the 80's are MiamiVice.The actors are mostly in their 60's/ mid 60's... it wouldn't be the same!Legends are a part of the past and Miami Vice is such a legend."My two sides always are in a fight! :)

Often asked question - but always a good one.;)I think nearly everyone got an different opinion about it.I'll try to make it short.I have got two sides inside of me:1) is my "heart-side". It tells me: "Yes i want a reunion with all the original cast from back then with new thrilling stories and action' date=' cause i can't get enough of Vice!"2) is my "mind-side".It tells me: "Miami Vice is a part of history, it can't be brought back.It was a different time, the 80's. Miami Vice is the 80's and the 80's are MiamiVice.The actors are mostly in their 60's/ mid 60's... it wouldn't be the same!Legends are a part of the past and Miami Vice is such a legend."My two sides always are in a fight! :)[/quote'] I actually thought that it would be brought back but with new actors, maybe with cameos of the original cast as i tip of the hat to the original series.Just another point of view.I mean if it can work for Hawaii Five-0 it could work with MV

As a remake with new actors would probably fare better on cable like "Burn Notice."...would not work with a green screen like CSI Miami. Location, location,...episodic TV would not budget the production values.:thumbsup:

I would love it if MV returns, but, in my opinion, they wolud have to be very careful in consider with the stories. I remember when I heard first that Charlie´s Angel, a series I really liked in the past, returned as a movie. I watched it and felt very desperate.

Christian The actors are mostly in their 60's/ mid 60's... it wouldn't be the same!

Therefore, they should be careful with the stories, but I think that it would be possile to bring MV back to our screens.

I would love it if MV returns' date=' but, in my opinion, they wolud have to be very careful in consider with the stories. I remember when I heard first that Charlie´s Angel, a series I really liked in the past, returned as a movie. I watched it and felt very desperate.Therefore, they should be careful with the stories, but I think that it would be possile to bring MV back to our screens.[/quote'] Well it willbe interesting to see how the new Charlie's Angels TV series fairs, hopefully it will open the door for the likes of MV!

No matter how good and successful Charlie´s Angel, the new series, may be, in consider with Miami Vice everything would depend on how the actors decide. The main qustion is: Would they all be willing to play their old roles again or not?

No matter how good and successful Charlie´s Angel' date=' the new series, may be, in consider with Miami Vice everything would depend on how the actors decide. The main qustion is: Would they all be willing to play their old roles again or not?[/quote'] Don't get me wrong I love the original cast, and I will always watch the originals, but you cannot do it with them, they are just too old now!It would have to be new blood being brought in, the only way you would bring them back is a reunion show.sad but true

Sonny Bull Don't get me wrong I love the original cast, and I will always watch the originals, but you cannot do it with them, they are just too old now! It would have to be new blood being brought in, the only way you would bring them back is a reunion show.

I don´t agree with you in all points. I think, if the "old" crew could be used would depend on the storylines. Of course, it wouldn´t be that bad to bring also new blood in, but I would let the familiar crew be part of the series. Miami Vice wouldn´t be the same without their faces.

I don´t agree with you in all points. I think' date=' if the "old" crew could be used would depend on the storylines. Of course, it wouldn´t be that bad to bring also new blood in, but I would let the familiar crew be part of the series. Miami Vice wouldn´t be the same without their faces.[/quote'] Very true but it sounds like a mergance of Sonny Crockett and Nash Bridges happening..LOL.I didn't count out the original cast, I did say that they would be cameo roles. Or it would be Lt Sonny Crockett and Captain Castillo? Just a suggestion

We don´t know whether one of the detectives had had the ambition to become a Lt., but why not? In my fan fictions, Rico and Sonny both are working as a Lt, Sonny in West Palm Beach and Rico in New York, and they meet with the others of the team to solve several cases.

We don´t know whether one of the detectives had had the ambition to become a Lt.' date=' but why not? In my fan fictions, Rico and Sonny both are working as a Lt, Sonny in West Palm Beach and Rico in New York, and they meet with the others of the team to solve several cases.[/quote'] I like that definately an interesting premise - Looks like I have some reading to do!!

The first fan fiction where they´d met again after many years is named BLIZZARD OVER MIAMI. The one I´m posting now, BLOODY SUNDAY, is the follower of that. If you read it, please let me know whether you like it.

The first fan fiction where they´d met again after many years is named BLIZZARD OVER MIAMI. The one I´m posting now' date=' BLOODY SUNDAY, is the follower of that. If you read it, please let me know whether you like it.[/quote'] Will do!!

Often asked question - but always a good one.;)I think nearly everyone got an different opinion about it.I'll try to make it short.I have got two sides inside of me:1) is my "heart-side". It tells me: "Yes i want a reunion with all the original cast from back then with new thrilling stories and action' date=' cause i can't get enough of Vice!"2) is my "mind-side".It tells me: "Miami Vice is a part of history, it can't be brought back.It was a different time, the 80's. Miami Vice is the 80's and the 80's are MiamiVice.The actors are mostly in their 60's/ mid 60's... it wouldn't be the same!Legends are a part of the past and Miami Vice is such a legend."My two sides always are in a fight! :)[/quote'] :thumbsup: Every Word a good word !!:clap:Which is nothing to add from my side. I am exactly the same view. But I would not be able to write it so perfectly here as you Christian. :rolleyes: There is also a big fight in me ... :rolleyes:

And Mayor Stan Switek? Eingefügtes Bild

Think he would be lucky to get to Sgt you know how many times he got looked over for promotion!!

I must say, that i agree with Christine.In my opinion, if there was ever a reunion of Vice, then only with the original cast - whether over 60 or not.I don't want any new Miami Vice with cameo actors. It just wouldn't be the same.But this is of course my very own opinion.@ bluepearl: thank you very much for your nice words!

Often asked question - but always a good one.;)I think nearly everyone got an different opinion about it.I'll try to make it short.I have got two sides inside of me:1) is my "heart-side". It tells me: "Yes i want a reunion with all the original cast from back then with new thrilling stories and action' date=' cause i can't get enough of Vice!"2) is my "mind-side".It tells me: "Miami Vice is a part of history, it can't be brought back.It was a different time, the 80's. Miami Vice is the 80's and the 80's are MiamiVice.The actors are mostly in their 60's/ mid 60's... it wouldn't be the same!Legends are a part of the past and Miami Vice is such a legend."My two sides always are in a fight! :)[/quote']I'm down with this thinking.It's firmly an 80's show in an era that has come and gone (which I loved, and still live in ;)).I don't think it would work the same way now.....but I'd love to be proven wrong.

You can never go home again...Been said many times before but a definite NO!Let good thing be! I read the thread on Hawaii 5O and it seems the younger ones like it and the older ones (like myself) hate it? Am I wrong? You can't recapture the essence of the show nowadays and as we fans know many cast members were disillusioned with law enforcement at the end of season five. Look at Crocket and Tubbs throwing their badges on the ground. Remember Switek and the gambling problems and the "I don't care anymore" attitude he had in the final few episodes of season five. When MV closed it was telling a tale and I don't think we should believe that all things are hunky dorey and they all got back together?Leave it be!

I'm of the opinion that if MV was given a 2011 makeover then the lead character should be Billy Crockett/Ballard taking over where his dad left off. It'd leave plenty of opportunities for DJ cameo appearances as well. Thoughts?

I'm of the opinion that if MV was given a 2011 makeover then the lead character should be Billy Crockett/Ballard taking over where his dad left off. It'd leave plenty of opportunities for DJ cameo appearances as well. Thoughts?

Billy Burnett has a ring to it!!! Whowould be his partner? Rico's nephew?Still an interesting premise

As a PMT fan I´d love to see him returning on the screen, but, as far as we know, Sonny is the only one who´s got a son. So, only Sonny´s fans would get their´s money´s worth.

As a PMT fan I´d love to see him returning on the screen' date=' but, as far as we know, Sonny is the only one who´s got a son. So, only Sonny´s fans would get their´s money´s worth.[/quote'] Do we know if Rico had any other family accept from his Brother who was killed?Did his brother ave any kids? A way for PMT to come back?