Will Miami Vice come back to our TV screens?

Sonny Bull

Actually, we know almost nothing about Rico. We don´t know whether he had any other family members, nieces or nephews.

Actually' date=' we know almost nothing about Rico. We don´t know whether he had any other family members, nieces or nephews.[/quote'] Sounds like it leaves it wide open then on the Billy front ot have a niece or nephew of Rico to be his partner and an opening for PMT, including a Rico, Sonny reunion

Don Johnson has repeatedly said (when asked this question) "It was a specific show for a specific time" , however perhaps a one-off TV-Movie reunion is a possibility. After 25 years, Crockett fishing in the Caribbean and Tubbs working at his own NY Private Investigator's office get a desparate call from Castillo to ...(you fill in the blanks)...

Actually' date=' we know almost nothing about Rico. We don´t know whether he had any other family members, nieces or nephews.[/quote']Somebody with more imagination than me should scribble out a fan fiction story. Rico's somewhat mysterious past could lend itself well to the story.How old would Billy be now? About mid 30's? Sounds ideal! I should of copyrighted this idea.....:D

I agree with some of the points already made.Obviously as a MV fan, it would be so great to see this show back on TV, so that people can see why it was so great in the first place. I think it would need to be a re-invention with new actors etc. I don't believe that it would be right for the original cast to return to a re-invention of the series - I think a TV movie reunion would be perfect for this, and then potentially have them doing cameo appearances in the new series. However, they would need to carefully think about the factors/characteristics that made MV so great and unique in the first place. And a lot of these characteristics were unique to the 1980s & just can't be revived in the 21st century. It would need to be something that fits in with the modern times. But in doing so, it could potentially destroy the legacy and integrity of the original TV series.So yes it would be great, but I have my reservations. And I think there would need to be a bigger gap between the original series and any potential new series, just like Hawaii Five-0. So maybe in another 10 years time.... In the meantime, I still want a reunion movie with the original cast members!!!

I agree with some of the points already made.Obviously as a MV fan' date=' it would be so great to see this show back on TV, so that people can see why it was so great in the first place. I think it would need to be a re-invention with new actors etc. I don't believe that it would be right for the original cast to return to a re-invention of the series - I think a TV movie reunion would be perfect for this, and then potentially have them doing cameo appearances in the new series. However, they would need to carefully think about the factors/characteristics that made MV so great and unique in the first place. And a lot of these characteristics were unique to the 1980s & just can't be revived in the 21st century. It would need to be something that fits in with the modern times. But in doing so, it could potentially destroy the legacy and integrity of the original TV series.So yes it would be great, but I have my reservations. And I think there would need to be a bigger gap between the original series and any potential new series, just like Hawaii Five-0. So maybe in another 10 years time.... In the meantime, I still want a reunion movie with the original cast members!!![/quote'] I have to say I am in total agreement with you there Definately Crockett

Somebody with more imagination than me should scribble out a fan fiction story. Rico's somewhat mysterious past could lend itself well to the story.How old would Billy be now? About mid 30's? Sounds ideal! I should of copyrighted this idea.....:D

I don´t want to praise myself, but I´ve written three fan fictions that are playing in 2001 and I´m posting the second one at this time.

I don´t want to praise myself' date=' but I´ve written three fan fictions that are playing in 2001 and I´m posting the second one at this time.[/quote'] Have you ever thought about shedding some light on Rico's past then?

In my fan fictions I did. There, Rico returned to New York after quitting his job in Miami. In 1990, he fell in love with Suzanne Porter, married her and became father of two children, Alaina and Dylan Raphael. But his marriage didn´t work. They divorced three years and seven months after he and Suzy got married.

Thats after Miami, what about before Tubbs got to Miami? Do you know of anyone that's writen anything?

I know no one who´s writing a story about what had happened with Tubbs before his brother got killed. Even the bio about Rico, I´m writing for about two years or so contains only little information about things that could have happened before Tubbs moved to Miami. I think most of the Vice fans are only interested in things that had happened during the series, and most of them are more interested in everything in consider with Sonny. He´s got the largest amount of fans.

Thats after Miami' date=' what about before Tubbs got to Miami? Do you know of anyone that's writen anything?[/quote']The updated MV would work well if Rico returned to the force in 1992 after a break and made it through the ranks to lieutenant by 2011. PMT is more than happy to embrace his MV past and I'm sure he'd be happy to reprise his role for a decent script and the right amount of money. Sonny would probably never of been promoted that highly anyway. DJ could return for the pilot and then maybe play a supporting role in certain episodes. This way the network can start afresh with Billy being the lead character. I can even think of a few flashback cutscenes from the original MV making his backstory more credible. These are only my humble ideas but I really believe it would work! Any comments welcome!

The updated MV would work well if Rico returned to the force in 1992 after a break and made it through the ranks to lieutenant by 2011. PMT is more than happy to embrace his MV past and I'm sure he'd be happy to reprise his role for a decent script and the right amount of money. Sonny would probably never of been promoted that highly anyway. DJ could return for the pilot and then maybe play a supporting role in certain episodes. This way the network can start afresh with Billy being the lead character. I can even think of a few flashback cutscenes from the original MV making his backstory more credible. These are only my humble ideas but I really believe it would work! Any comments welcome!

Well as i have said before it is definately an interesting premise, and one i would be interested in... Miami Vice: The Next Generation (Sorry couldn't resist..LOL)But honestly think you have made some valid points on how MV could be updated and modernised to today's viewing and not impact on the memories of the fans
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

have you heard of dish tv san antonio?

We all know that the movie took a nose dive' date=' but with the re-imagining of Hawaii Five-0, and Charlies Angels coming back with a new series later this year.Do you think that someone would pick up Miami Vice and bring it back?Look forward to hearing your comments[/quote'] Considering those shows you mentioned coming back I would think there would be a good chance. I feel like Miami Vice is bigger than those shows. The question would be would it live up to its billing. I hope a network does try though. That would be awesome.

I think that they would really screw up a “Miami Vice†re-imagining for modern TV. It would really only work if they set the show in the ‘80s, but, knowing TV execs, they would turn it into a horrendous comedy. I foresee this: “Hey, Crockett! What with all your pastel shirts?!†“I don’t know, Tubbs! It’s the ‘80s, can’t you tell?! I’m wearing sockless loafers, see!†“That’s so funny, because that’s what we did back then!†“I know, right?! Now I’m going to roll my sleeves up! Us and our crazy fashions! Get it, it’s funny because this is the ‘80s!â€