My Second Trip To Miami

aly 7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3701[/ATTACH]I`ve been back from my second trip to Miami for just over 6 weeks now. Thought I would start my mad string of pix.opening with the rental car..In front of the pink house....

• 11 months later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5972[/ATTACH]It has been a while since I`ve visited the forum...Just returned from my 3rd trip to Miami a week ago.... I thought I would post the pictures from my 2nd trip first...Brendas house....posting will be slow....going to have to resize many of my pictures first...

post-1174-13892964428875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice pictures of the house.I only got to see the old "Chalks Aerodrome" two weeks ago (I posted the pics) as I don't get to the Southbeach area often enough.I have however been to Miami 31 times since last October and have not seen one single pink flamingo!I'm so dissapointed...............Where are these illusive birds anyway? :)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5984[/ATTACH]

Nice pictures of the house.I only got to see the old "Chalks Aerodrome" two weeks ago (I posted the pics) as I don't get to the Southbeach area often enough.I have however been to Miami 31 times since last October and have not seen one single pink flamingo!I'm so dissapointed...............Where are these illusive birds anyway? :)

I`ve never seen the old Chalks...but sure i drove past it a few times...Nice pictures of Chalks.I have to put that location on my list of places to see..Pink Flamingos can mostly only be seen in captivity in South Florida....and if you do see one in the wild,it most likely escaped from a local zooWe went to Jungle Island on Watson Island....and saw some flamingos....They had quite a few...and alot of other animals...They were playing"Crocketts Theme"at the entrance to the turtle display...The flamingo pictured was very social and extremely friendly...

post-1174-13892964457845_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964458439_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964459023_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964459607_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5984[/ATTACH]I`ve never seen the old Chalks...but sure i drove past it a few times...Nice pictures of Chalks.I have to put that location on my list of places to see..Pink Flamingos can mostly only be seen in captivity in South Florida....and if you do see one in the wild' date='it most likely escaped from a local zooWe went to Jungle Island on Watson Island....and saw some flamingos....They had quite a few...and alot of other animals...They were playing"Crocketts Theme"at the entrance to the turtle display...The flamingo pictured was very social and extremely friendly...[/quote']Nice flamingos !:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5984[/ATTACH]Pink Flamingos can mostly only be seen in captivity in South Florida....and if you do see one in the wild' date='it most likely escaped from a local zoo[/quote']I did not know this - I just assumed they were commonly seen in the natural habitat. :pWhat exotic, graceful birds. :balloon:
They were playing"Crocketts Theme"at the entrance to the turtle display...The flamingo pictured was very social and extremely friendly..
Crockett's Theme? Oh, they must have known you were coming for a visit! ;)Very cool. :cool:

I did not know this - I just assumed they were commonly seen in the natural habitat. :pWhat exotic' date=' graceful birds. :balloon:Crockett's Theme? Oh, they must have known you were coming for a visit! ;)Very cool. :cool:[/quote']Pink Flamingos can be seen in the wild in the US...But you really have to look for them..I`ve only seen Flamingos in a zoo myself...Of all birds the Flamingo is my favorite.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6009[/ATTACH] These are some of the various parrots we saw...(there were almost 1000 different species of parrots there)And I have no idea what exact species they all are. I liked the blue one alot..Jungle Island formerly Parrot Jungle was used in the opening credits of Miami Vice..

post-1174-13892964464246_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964464837_thumb.jpg

post-1174-138929644654_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964465953_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6011[/ATTACH]This is Pinky the bicycle riding Cockatoo.... She is about 70 years old..We never did get to see her in action during our visit... But added this picture of her from the internet taking a ride...She performed for Winston Churchill(Former Prime Minister of The United Kingdom) in the early 60`s and has been performing at Jungle Island ever since...

post-1174-13892964466496_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964467076_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6011[/ATTACH]This is Pinky the bicycle riding Cockatoo.... She is about 70 years old..We never did get to see her in action during our visit... But added this picture of her from the internet taking a ride...She performed for Winston Churchill(Former Prime Minister of The United Kingdom) in the early 60`s and has been performing at Jungle Island ever since...

aly 7, you capture these birds beautifully. :clap:I agree, the blue one is my favourite - the colour is stunning! :balloon:I love Pinky. :happy: A bike riding 70 year old cockatoo - she's a little beauty! :)

aly 7' date=' you capture these birds beautifully. :clap:I agree, the blue one is my favourite - the colour is stunning! :balloon:I love Pinky. :happy: A bike riding 70 year old cockatoo - she's a little beauty! :)[/quote']Hey.thanks..Looked like "Elvis"needs some sun[ATTACH=CONFIG]6021[/ATTACH]And these turtles were huge...

post-1174-13892964469047_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964469637_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964470171_thumb.jpg

AWESOME photos!!MORE, MORE, MORE!!:clap:Saw and Albino Alligator in SAN FRANCISCO. They claim they would not survive in the wild.The Parrot with the blue wings, and orange belly reminds me of how Crockett was dressed in SMUGGLER'S BLUES! :thumbsup:

6021[/ATTACH]And these turtles were huge...

Lovin' this thread aly 7.....a day out at the zoo' date=' with you as our host! :DMORE! :clap:

AThe Parrot with the blue wings, and orange belly reminds me of how Crockett was dressed in SMUGGLER'S BLUES! :thumbsup:

LOL, Cooper! :)'It's the nature of the business.... Parrot's Smuggler!' :radio:

The Parrot with the blue wings' date=' and orange belly reminds me of how Crockett was dressed in SMUGGLER'S BLUES! :thumbsup:[/quote']
LOL' date=' Cooper! :)'It's the nature of the business.... Parrot's Smuggler!' :radio:[/quote']Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild:D:D:D:thumbsup:
  • Haha 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6030[/ATTACH]The Atlantis BuildingWe drove through Downtown Miami on the way ro Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. And saw many nice structures on the way to see the Pink House and Brendas house.

post-1174-13892964472356_thumb.jpg

Agreed! There are many beautiful buildings and lots of new structures that were not there during the MV era. I took lots of pics when I went throught the downtown area three weeks ago, but they were all throught the windshield and I was trying to drive at the same time. (I know... don't say it!)Nice pics of the Flamingos too by the way. They look much better than my two plastic birds I have at the Marina. I call them Gurtrude and Heathcliffe and the sun is starting to drench the pink colour from the tops of their plastic bodies...hahahahahaahaha.Might have to paint them next year? :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6030[/ATTACH]The Atlantis BuildingWe drove through Downtown Miami on the way ro Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. And saw many nice structures on the way to see the Pink House and Brendas house.

Thank GOD, It's still there!!

Agreed! There are many beautiful buildings and lots of new structures that were not there during the MV era. I took lots of pics when I went throught the downtown area three weeks ago' date=' but they were all throught the windshield and I was trying to drive at the same time. (I know... don't say it!)Nice pics of the Flamingos too by the way. They look much better than my two plastic birds I have at the Marina. I call them Gurtrude and Heathcliffe and the sun is starting to drench the pink colour from the tops of their plastic bodies...hahahahahaahaha.Might have to paint them next year? :)[/quote']:) I had to take most of my pictures while i was driving too... using 2 cameras... Which is better than the first trip...I had a camquarter to contend with..I managed to get some really nice shots... Thanks about the flamingo pictured... We saw some at the Miami Seaquarium on the first trip but they were all sleeping... I have some of those plastic flamingos too...But haven`t put them out in a long time..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6041[/ATTACH]We stayed at the Dezerland Hotel on Collins Ave. Where the Hollywood scene from "A Rock and A Hard Place "was filmed..Black and white tile on the floor...And this car in the lobby... Looks unchanged....

post-1174-13892964473038_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964473611_thumb.jpg

post-1174-1389296447418_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964474743_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892964475303_thumb.jpg

• Like 1