New Miami Vice Screenplay...

Toliver-Lyons

I suppose there are always ways to make a reunion to one of the most popular TV shows ever "suck" (pardon my crudeness ;) ) but I would think (from what I read on what they are/were trying to put together) most involved would make sure a reunion would be pretty good.However' date=' no matter what kind of a reunion they would do...they would never be able to please everyone. :rolleyes: There would always be someone/s that would, for whatever reason, hate it and be all upset...while others would love it.As long as they didn't kill off the original cast, they finally brought some kind of resolution to how the original show ended, and they included some odes to the original series...I would be overjoyed they did one at all! I'd be satisfied. :thumbsup:[/quote']No friends but PARDON ME! You talking about the 2006 movie like that? They didn't kill off the original cast? Give me a break,man! Who the hell is that characters can you explain to me? Isabel,Montoya and another things.. They kill off the original cast 'cause ''Gina&Trudy such is not in the movie! Gina was like a figurant and Trudy too in the Movie 2006.. Collin Farrel's Sonny was the copy of Don Johnson! But he didn't success! And I wanna share something.. Most Known Writer in Turkey named Hıncal Uluç was said like that ''The TV Series has been killed by Michael Mann&Anthony Yerkovich!''For saw this article,check this out:http://www.sabah.com.tr/Yazarlar/uluc/2006/09/13/Diziyi_oldurmuslerAnd another writer said such same thing.. He talked about of Gina&Trudy.. Elvis and the seasons of Miami ViceArticle Title: ''Two Different Miami Vice!''He had been said ''Don Johnson and his pet alligator Elvis more better than the Movie!''Televizyon efsanesi "Miami Vice"dan uyarlanan aynı adlı film, karakter ve ayrıntı zenginliği açısından dizinin gerisinde kalıyor <- I'm gonna translate this:Based on the Television Legendary ''Miami Vice'' same name film;are lagging behind in as characters,details,better dramatic scenario,style,music and the fashion!http://www.milliyet.com.tr/2006/09/10/pazar/paz02.htmlHe had been told ''All of the world Don Johnson was a popular icon and Women's&Girls has been love to him! - Collin Farrel is a story.. I didn't recognize Jamie Foxx as I ever liked in Ray Charles.. Philip Michael Thomas's though,style and charisma more than better of Jamie Foxx.. I say the same thing to about of Don Johnson vs Collin Farrel''

http://www.sabah.com.tr/Yazarlar/uluc/2006/09/13/Diziyi_oldurmuslerAnd another writer said such same thing.. He talked about of Gina&Trudy.. Elvis and the seasons of Miami ViceArticle Title: ''Two Different Miami Vice!''He had been said ''Don Johnson and his pet alligator Elvis more better than the Movie!''Televizyon efsanesi "Miami Vice"dan uyarlanan aynı adlı film, karakter ve ayrıntı zenginliği açısından dizinin gerisinde kalıyor <- I'm gonna translate this:Based on the Television Legendary ''Miami Vice'' same name film;are lagging behind in as characters,details,better dramatic scenario,style,music and the fashion!http://www.milliyet.com.tr/2006/09/10/pazar/paz02.htmlHe had been told ''All of the world Don Johnson was a popular icon and Women's&Girls has been love to him! - Collin Farrel is a story.. I didn't recognize Jamie Foxx as I ever liked in Ray Charles.. Philip Michael Thomas's though,style and charisma more than better of Jamie Foxx.. I say the same thing to about of Don Johnson vs Collin Farrel''

Um...no offense but I have no idea what the heck you're trying to say here? :confused:First, I never referred to the 2006 movie. This is my opinion, but that movie was horrible :thumbsdown: and doesn't even come anywhere near equalling or entering the iconic status of the original series!I mentioned "not killing off any of the original cast" in an earlier post, because they killed off Zito when he left the original show. I just meant that if they did do a reunion TV movie that I would not want any more of the original cast members to be killed off. Sometimes networks/writers do this because they think it'll shock people into watching and they'll jack up ratings.But, none of the reunion ideas mentioned here were about the 2006 movie version (at least none that I've read). So, I don't ever compare the two (movie and original series)...as there is only one "Miami Vice"--and that is the original TV series!! :cool:

horrible :thumbsdown: and doesn't even come anywhere near equalling or entering the iconic status of the original series!I mentioned "not killing off any of the original cast" in an earlier post, because they killed off Zito when he left the original show. I just meant that if they did do a reunion TV movie that I would not want any more of the original cast members to be killed off. Sometimes networks/writers do this because they think it'll shock people into watching and they'll jack up ratings.But, none of the reunion ideas mentioned here were about the 2006 movie version (at least none that I've read). So, I don't ever compare the two (movie and original series)...as there is only one "Miami Vice"--and that is the original TV series!! :cool:

Yeah I understand now pal,Forgive me about that.. My mistake :D I didn't understand all of it..Cause my english has been developing by now.. :) I'm sorry :DAnd I want to say to Collin Farrel.. You can not insult the ORIGINAL SERIES!You did this thing I know.. You said ''Fuckin' pet alligator,**** pastel suist all of things.. all of them sucks things etc.'' We saw what did you do on the film Collin Farrel and now get outta our face,man! ''If was Rico(PMT) like say that..''

Im sorry to make someone sad' date=' but this thing wont happen.[/quote']It probably won't. About a year and a half ago I would have thought otherwise...as that's when I was reading all about this reunion movie they were trying to put together, and that certain execs at NBC that had been against the idea of a reunion for a long time were now gone.But, I haven't heard or read anything more in over a year so the project's probably stalled or been scrapped all together. It's really stupid that they can't put one together...but that's usually how it is. :evil: However, you never know...maybe all of a sudden something will get put together. Stranger things have happened. ;)

Stranger things have happened. ;)

Yep, like bringing back Dallas and, as according to Stephanie Beecham on UK tv yesterday, there are talks about a similar bringing back of Dynasty. Maybe an MV reunion will be out of the question now, given that DJ's star is on the rise again that he wouldn't want to be seen going back down his career ladder? He hasn't seem tempted during the years since Nash Bridges days. Who knows ... as you said, stranger things have happened

finally tie up lose ends to "Freefall's" end with Crockett and Tubbs just calling it quits and taking off. I realize these people don't still look 30-35 years old...but I wouldn't want them to! Otherwise it'd be like something off the SciFi channel. :p But 60 is like the new 40 in today's society!If they have a superb script, director, and bring back some of that "MV" style/feel...but yet also incorporate that in with modern day Miami...this could totally be explosively awesome! :glossy: But, some of the 80's styles are back in style...I see kids and people all over with the pastel colors, high-tops with the jeans stuffed into them, punk colors and hairdews, wayfarer sunglasses, etc... I swear it's like 1987 all over again! Even some of the music now has an 80's feel to it. Give something 20-30 years and suddenly it's popular again! ;) There's also still more than enough original fans and people who grew up with the show around to truly appreciate a reunion movie!"Perry Mason" was another show that had a very popular run with reunion movies. In 1985 they did "Perry Mason Returns" and everyone (cast/producers/crew) thought it would do okay--but it would probably be a one-time thing...and did Raymond Burr and Barbara Hale still look 35? Oh heck no!! :) But, ya know what...both those actors still had the "PM" magic, they had a superb script/storyline, and everyone seemed ready to see what Perry Mason was up to 20 years later. "Perry Mason Returns" ended up being the most popular TV movie of the year, and was re-broadcast twice after that! It also spawned a "whopping" 29 more reunion movies (26 of them with Burr...as he passed away from liver cancer in 1993 and the last 4 movies were made with friends of his defending the accused)!I realize "PM" and "MV" are totally two different kinds of shows...but it's the same idea of a reunion movie! Besides...Don Johnson and PMT both still look good for their ages, and they look a lot younger at 60 than Raymond Burr did! :) Now, do I think they'd make 30 "MV" reunion movies? Probably not. :D I also read that if they do a reunion movie, it might be a Pilot for a new regular series--with new characters but still having original show cast make cameos. I'm not sure that'll work either. I think they should stick to reunion movies. There's only 2 shows I can think of that have been brought back as regular TV shows and are very popular--"Hawaii Five-0" and "Dallas". I love the original "5-0" and have all 12 seasons on DVD! But, I'll be honest and say that I also really love the new "5-0" too! They've included enough odes to the original show, but also created a whole new show itself that it just works! Somehow it just captivates like the original did. "Dallas" is also awesome! I love the original show too...but the new series is not a re-do...but a "continuation" of the original show, with original cast (along with new cast members). They've captured the original series' essence but also brought it up to current times...it captivates just as good as the original show did! But, most re-do shows fail--such as 2006's "Bionic Woman", 2008's "Knight Rider", and 2011's "Charlie's Angels". It's because fans of the original shows rememer the first series' and expect the re-do's to be like that...and they're not. For the "MV" reunion movie...if they can have a superb script, and bring some closure, as well as open up new doors, for our beloved "MV" characters--then this could really be awesome! I truly hope they can put something together and make this happen! :clap:

I've been saying this for years, that a reunion movie should be made, since C&T can still be believable at their age as Lieutenants or Captains. Look at Kojak...still a cop when he was almost 80! Also Barnaby Jones was very old. I wish I knew who to contact to have my wish fulfilled.

Im sorry to make someone sad' date=' but this thing wont happen.[/quote']You're raining on our parade, :rain:, Mr. Calderon....:cry:.....but I hate to say it, I think you're right!

Yep' date=' like bringing back Dallas and, as according to Stephanie Beecham on UK tv yesterday, there are talks about a similar bringing back of Dynasty. Maybe an MV reunion will be out of the question now, given that DJ's star is on the rise again that he wouldn't want to be seen going back down his career ladder? He hasn't seem tempted during the years since Nash Bridges days. Who knows ... as you said, stranger things have happened[/quote']Yeah, I love the new "Dallas"...but we'll see how it does now that Larry Hagman (J.R.) has died. :cry: The thing with "Dallas" is most of the stars from the original show are in the new series. I think a few of the "Dynasty" ones have since passed (including John Forsythe) so I don't know if a new "Dynasty" would last?? Most revamp shows that are brand new shows with new stars playing the same parts, or similar characters, from the original show do not last. "Dallas" is not really a "new" series...but a new "continuation" from the original--complete with original stars and new ones.To be honest I havn't really paid attention lately to what Don Johnson is doing...how is his "star" rising again? Even so, once you've done other things and have proven yourself...it's usually okay to go back to your "popular" roots and prove that you can still do that too! ;) They really need to do a "MV" reunion...even if it's a one-time thing. :thumbsup:

To be honest I havn't really paid attention lately to what Don Johnson is doing...how is his "star" rising again? Even so' date=' once you've done other things and have proven yourself...it's usually okay to go back to your "popular" roots and prove that you can still do that too! ;) They really need to do a "MV" reunion...even if it's a one-time thing. :thumbsup:[/quote']DJ has been doing the rounds of the chat shows & there have been mentions of him on here being in magazines, regarding his character on Django Unchained. When he has been doing some of his other recent shows, we've barely seen a mention online in entertainment news etc. It would be lovely with the old cast being in a reunion. I would hope that if it ever did happen, then it would be dealt with carefully by director/crew/writers/producers who'd keep it true to the original vice vibe and not just use the MV name to hang another generic modern cop episode onto.

DJ has been doing the rounds of the chat shows & there have been mentions of him on here being in magazines' date=' regarding his character on Django Unchained. When he has been doing some of his other recent shows, we've barely seen a mention online in entertainment news etc. It would be lovely with the old cast being in a reunion. I would hope that if it ever did happen, then it would be dealt with carefully by director/crew/writers/producers who'd keep it true to the original vice vibe and not just use the MV name to hang another generic modern cop episode onto.[/quote']Cool avatar, CarolineUK! :thumbsup: Thanks for the update on DJ, and you could not have said it better about how they should do an "MV" reunion! :clap:

Cool avatar' date=' CarolineUK! :thumbsup: Thanks for the update on DJ, and you could not have said it better about how they should do an "MV" reunion! :clap:[/quote']Yep! I agree to ViceFanMan and they should be as soon as a Miami Vice reunion and they got to be come back again for to new generation! ''Think about this.. All kids and youngs gonna be learn Miami Vice..And more than now all new generation want to watch first series too! And they want to answer this questions like a What Miami Vice? What was the First Miami Vice? Who is the Don Johnson and his stylistic fashion trend.. And how was Philip Michael Thomas too! Which was they to the younth years and etc. But for that gotta be absoulty a new star especially ''Jr.Crockett & Jr.Tubbs'' and their fathers&mothers and the full first original series cast! DJ,PMT,Saundra Santiago,Olivia Brown,EJO,Michael Talbott,John Diehl ''Maybe that sure like ''Zito wasn't dead as real.. He did this thing cause he work for some Intelligence Bureau maybe'' and Izzy Moreno ''Martin Ferrero'' :D dıt dıt dıt dı dı dı dı dı dı rı rı :DYou know what I mean.. A reunion Got to be and Must to be!

The rebooted Hawaii Five-O has been doing really well on TV without any of the original characters, who have since passed away.As for a MV reunion, I don't think it'll ever happen. None of the original cast are on the same page. Santiago, Brown, Talbott and Diehl are on board with the convention circuit, so you know they'd do a TV movie in a heartbeat (though, do they bring Zito back from the dead?). Their careers haven't exactly been stellar since the 1980s.PMT hasn't acted in years but has practically begged for a reunion in the interviews he's done.DJ has softened his view on Miami Vice in recent years, but you can tell he's a little embarrassed to revisit Sonny Crockett.EJO has downright contempt for the show. It's a shame because he was the most talented actor on the series -- but like many talented actors who star in a popular, mass-produced piece (think Alec Guinness with Star Wars), they tend to look down at the project they're a part of. Michael Mann isn't getting any younger, either. His recent show "Luck" got canceled after those race horses died, and his theatrical remake of MV sucked. He hasn't done a good film since "Heat." So I don't know how much pull he would have in getting NBC to green light a new MV ... unless they take the Hawaii Five-O route and introduce a new cast with a "blessing" from the old cast. And that's just not the same show we know and love.

Honestly, it's so hard to say. It'd be nice to have a MV reunion movie, or whatever, but it wouldn't be the same. I think if someone really were to bring it back on the air, it won't be on TV for the next little while.I heard that Beverly Hills Cop will become a TV show, after so many attempts on making BHC IV. So hopefully someone can have the right touch and magic for Vice to make it happen.

if the series comes back i think it definitly has to be something new . i mean everything has to change one day , and that lack of change made MV to stop at that time . Crockett had to much importance in the 80s series and unfortunatly the producers/scenarists couldn't manage to find the solution to this problem . maybe what should be considered are the untemporal sides of the 80s series , the things of the series that cross the time without any trouble like fashion , music , Miami .. and see with all these things if sometihng new could be done . but ithink we shouldn't dream of something exactly like in the 80s , it will be fun for the first episodes but i'm pretty sure to get bored myself after 2 or 3 episodes

I would love a reunion.... a lot of shows have done it with a lot of success (e.g. Dukes of Hazzard).The movie was terrible...even DJ said they missed the mark in an interview.If they did a reunion they would need to do it right and bring back what brought everyone in the first place (season 1 & 2). 1) Bring back the bright colors ---- No dark colors2) Crockett and Tubbs have to be equal ---- No "Crockett show"3) The car has to be black and a convertible 4) Bring back the music5) Bring back the jokes and fun ---- No more moody Crockett6) Bring back the excitement ---- No more dark, crazy story linesThe story could be that the undercover unit needs to be brought back to take on a major drug dealer taking over the Miami or one who killed EJO.....something.

I would love a reunion.... a lot of shows have done it with a lot of success (e.g. Dukes of Hazzard).The movie was terrible...even DJ said they missed the mark in an interview.If they did a reunion they would need to do it right and bring back what brought everyone in the first place (season 1 & 2). 1) Bring back the bright colors ---- No dark colors2) Crockett and Tubbs have to be equal ---- No "Crockett show"3) The car has to be black and a convertible 4) Bring back the music5) Bring back the jokes and fun ---- No more moody Crockett6) Bring back the excitement ---- No more dark' date=' crazy story linesThe story could be that the undercover unit needs to be brought back to take on a major drug dealer taking over the Miami or one who killed EJO.....something.[/quote']Maybe you talkin' about like this,huh pal!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6oREuYc-I

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pjBN3vAYY

I missed out on the original airings of Miami Vice since I was born in the early '90s so this revival of that show will be awesome!It might bring back all the pastels and adding bright colors to todays style.To have all the cast back together and the Viceway will be too cool!

• 2 months later...
I doubt EJO would reprise his role of Lt. Martin Castillo. Here are some direct quotes: Sometimes you gotta do things that you don't really want to do. But you don't do them for money.On "Miami Vice" (1984) and "Battlestar Galactica" (2004): "Miami"' date=' although it took place among policemen, wasn't about reality. It exploited reality to entertain. "Battlestar" is another thing. Despite it being set in space, it deals with real stuff.Declined an offer from director Michael Mann to reprise the role of Lt. Martin Castillo in the movie version of Miami Vice (2006). He was the only cast member from the original "Miami Vice" (1984) series who was approached to appear in the rebooted movie version of the series.[/quote']First, the 2006 movie "sucked" beyond reason...so I don't blame any of the original cast for not wanting anything to do with it, whether they were asked or not. ;)However, referring to Edward James Olmos' other remarks about "MV" not being realistic but "Battlestar Galactica" was:LOL!!! :) No offense to Edward James Olmos, as I loved him on "MV", but this statement is downright ridiculous! I'm sorry, but "Miami Vice" was WAY more realistic, and dealt with more realism, than "Battlestar Galactica! :rolleyes: All TV shows, and movies, are going to include some unrealistic aspects--that's the fantasy and entertainment part. ;) If TV shows or movies started literally being like real-life, they'd be either so boring or so depressing that no one would watch them. :eek: But, if we truly are going to compare these two shows on which one dealt with more reality...then "MV" definitely would win. Any sci-fi, space-age, alien, "Star Trek", "Star Wars" type stuff is going to include mostly unrealistic and/or fantasy characters and plotlines. Not that there's anything wrong with that...that's not the point. But, in all honesty they're probaby the most "unrealistic" types of shows and movies out there.All shows and movies exploit to entertain to some degree, but even with the clothes, music, and cars, "MV" still dealt with real-life problems going on in Miami, people's lives, and even the world. Besides, with all the popularity of the show the clothes, music, and even the cars became real-life aspects in people's and fan's lives then...and now, as much of the 80's styles are back in style! :clap:So, I'm sorry but EJO's quote was majorly inaccurate and silly in my opinion. :p I know that for whatever reasons he has never liked the show or wanted to have anything to do with it once it went off the air. :cry: Maybe he has good reason...but after all this time I would hope he would mellow some and appreciate and/or recognize the impact "MV" had on entertainment--then and still today! Be glad you got to be part of it and let by-gones be by-gones. :cool:I know this "MV" reunion movie will probably never happen...as I have not heard anything for over a year and a half or so. But, I can hope and dream!! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

true indeedIt would be hard to get them all together. I think PMT has dropped off the face of the earth. I was in contact with his "people" or better known as Sandy for a music idea I had about reviving his old songs....because I play guitar and wanted to start a band etc etc etc..........and was led to believe he was going to help me...I have ALL of the emails to prove it.......and then all of a sudden "Sandy" said he was too busy........doing I have no idea what....so I guess we live on for re runs on netflix.:radio:

It would be hard to get them all together. I think PMT has dropped off the face of the earth. I was in contact with his "people" or better known as Sandy for a music idea I had about reviving his old songs....because I play guitar and wanted to start a band etc etc etc..........and was led to believe he was going to help me...I have ALL of the emails to prove it.......and then all of a sudden "Sandy" said he was too busy........doing I have no idea what....so I guess we live on for re runs on netflix.:radio:

He's probably (as he put it): "Living The Book Of My Life."